VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll never change. I think "rule breaking" is somehow embeded in his DNA....

Murdaugh knows the rules in his Detention Facility and knows full well that a pen is contraband and is a major security issue.
The Officers that removed the contraband from his jacket have a duty it to their Supervisor along with writing out a disciplinary report so he can attend a disciplinary hearing or wave that hearing.

Yes, he placed that in his pocket intentionally and he cannot plead ignorance because he is handed an inmate rule book right off.

He knew it is against policy, yet he placed contraband in his pocket right there in the courtroom. RIGHT THERE IN THE COURTROOM!!!

Hopefully the Officers reported that, like I said, the Officers have a duty to report.

I hope that the prosecutor brings that up in the rebuttal.

I could go on more about this but do not want to bore anyone.

I kinda' liked the house... it's not lavish but has charm (big porch, etc). Not sure I'd be up to living there alone (bad juju n' all) but I think it's rather nice. Lovely pine trees, too. jmo
Agreed. The house itself looks lovely, but looks out of place. It looks like it was plopped on a rural piece of wild grassy land with no landscaping. The brick steps out front seem to have no brick or paved path leading up to them. Is there a back deck or garden to sit in? Not being critical, and maybe many homes in that area are similar. Maybe this is why Maggie preferred Edisto, although I have not seen photos of that home. It surely was geared toward hunting, with the various food plot fields, kennels and guns galore.

Did you really mean to ask a question> If so, anyone can use a little craft paint to paint a name on something. I am skeptical that this is meant to influence jurors but of course, this is MOO

It definitely was to influence jurors. It’s to allude to a happy and close family setting.
‘The Waltons’

That staging is really creepy. I hope it is someone's idea of a joke. Someone with a non Murdaugh surname.

I will be offended on two fronts if it turns out someone from AM's camp was involved. Firstly by the attempt to distract, and secondly by how badly the attempt was executed.

Murdaugh knows the rules in his Detention Facility and knows full well that a pen is contraband and is a major security issue.
The Officers that removed the contraband from his jacket have a duty it to their Supervisor along with writing out a disciplinary report so he can attend a disciplinary hearing or wave that hearing.

Yes, he placed that in his pocket intentionally and he cannot plead ignorance because he is handed an inmate rule book right off.

He knew it is against policy, yet he placed contraband in his pocket right there in the courtroom. RIGHT THERE IN THE COURTROOM!!!

Hopefully the Officers reported that, like I said, the Officers have a duty to report.

Did that occur today? I missed the pen incident.

Did I hear correctly that AG Alan Wilson would be doing the rebuttal that would be about 45 minutes?

It was when the attorneys were up at the bench discussing times during a break towards the end of Waters closing.
I didn't hear what was said in court, but this makes it sound like John Meadors will give the rebuttal argument. At -30:30.

Did he take something from his sister back with him also?

Agreed. The house itself looks lovely, but looks out of place. It looks like it was plopped on a rural piece of wild grassy land with no landscaping. The brick steps out front seem to have no brick or paved path leading up to them. Is there a back deck or garden to sit in? Not being critical, and maybe many homes in that area are similar. Maybe this is why Maggie preferred Edisto, although I have not seen photos of that home. It surely was geared toward hunting, with the various food plot fields, kennels and guns galore.

Right. Yep, the house could use a heavy dose of love and landscaping. And, if I had a choice... I'd likely prefer a beach house, too! But, for a born/raised country gal... the house (with love and stuff) would suit me just fine.

ETA: I have a friend with a little Cessna... that airstrip and hanger would be nice, too ;)

Last edited:
Right. Yep, the house could use a heavy dose of love and landscaping. And, if I had a choice... I'd likely prefer a beach house, too! But, for a born/raised country gal... the house (with love and stuff) would suit me just fine.

Same. I'd take the beach first, but I'd definitely take that country house.

You know how sometimes you talk about things but don't really have much thought about them and then you see it mentioned again and suddenly you have an ah ha moment? The paranoia inducing pills in his pocket. Where did they come from and why were they in his pocket of all places. If he had them in the house at Moselle when he showered and changed before going to the kennel (according to him), why did he put them in his pocket? Why carry them around in your pocket? If he cleaned off elsewhere on the property where he had the shorts and t-shirt stashed, were the pills there also? Why drive with them to Almeda? Did he pick them up at Almeda before he came back? Were they stashed in the car? And if all his lawyer friends and his family were with him when he handed over his clothes, at what point did he ditch the pills? Are there any views of his bulging shorts front pockets on LE body cams? I'm pretty sure there were no pills in his back pockets when he was sitting down in the car during his interview. These unanswered questions are giving me reasonable doubt that there was ever a pocket full of pills on AM that night. A pocket full of pills doesn't fit the story IMO.
jmrttpmn

It's possible that Paul did in fact have a packet of pills in his pocket. One of his pockets had blood stains inside, as if someone whose hands were bloody (perhaps from moving his body to access the pockets). I sure wish that the prosecutor had caused the jury to remember those little details of the actual murder scene.

Or reminded them 10X that Alex agreed with the GPS/phone data - such that he is only back at Moselle for 20 seconds before dialing 911 (and says he saw the bodies from a distance). But he tells the 911 operator he's "been down there" and that he checked for pulses. He says he has touched the bodies.

So he basically checks for life on his wife and son, and then back to the car - in 20 seconds - to call 911. I do not believe this timeline.

He reached inside one of Paul's pockets for some reason. Hmm. It makes sense, too, that somehow some pills ended up with Paul (also a substance abuser). But Paul was probably determined to follow his mother's wishes and not give Alex any pills.

I thought he said he had pills in his pocket when he was in the police car. Is that incorrect?

All speculation obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member