VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the officers just take a pen from the jacket of AM as they were leaving the court room? Hmmm.... seems like he keeps trying to get away with stuff

Did that occur today? I missed the pen incident.
Hi JerseyWasHome2, yes it was seen when Murdaugh was leaving the courtroom.
Did he take something from his sister back with him also?
No one is supposed to be near any defendant in the custody and control of any place of incarceration. No one should have come close at all to Murdaugh.

That also is contraband and needs to be disciplined for that.

Haven't seen this yet so forgive me if it's a duplicate. The Post & Courier has a photo carousel of 70 images from today. We've seen the chicken in the dog pen; the women's bicycle in the yard; Buster Christmas pottery. But this is image 43. Someone hung a freakin shirt in a window. This is terrifying.
Moselle shirt.png

Did you see how REMOTE this property is??? I do not think local kids applies.

Local kids who are following the case well enough to know

1) Which kennel was Bubba's
2) That chickens are in the story
3) That Maggie had a bicycle (did they break into storage to gain access to it)
4) That the jury would be visiting (because the drone footage doesn't show the bike)

I don't buy it. Someone else did it. Most likely the family's fixer, JMM. IMO.

My trial attorney husband’s opinion is that the jury not hearing the defense closing until tomorrow favors the prosecution. The jury will have tonight to think about what CW told them and showed them today without the defense’s contradictory input. They are likely to be well influenced by CW before they even hear JG. His OO.

I thought CW did a terrific job. I thought he was systematic in building his argument and I hung on every word. He wove in everything that I thought he needed to.

Got a big kick out of AM. I don’t think he nodded his head one time about anything after CW pointed out his body language during his testimony. LOL. What a manipu1at0r!

Local kids in the country have bikes, 4-wheelers. Let's hope we find out.

And, apparently, a keen enough interest to figure out which kennel is Bubba's and that chickens were involved.

We are unlikely to find out, IMO.

Occam's razor says that if that's actually Maggie's bike, then someone had access to where Maggie's bike was.

And do you think the kids also broke into the house and put the shirt in the window? Or did someone else do that? It wasn't there in prior crime scene footage. This is the entire problem with these kinds of tours.

Let's just hope that the jury doesn't take up discussion of any of this. What a mess this could become.

IMO.

They are trying for a mistrial, I feel it in my bones
Yes!!
you guys, I bet they were surprised by the lack of wealthy trappings..this place is like a big ole man cave and the
kennel area is just regular...I mean it's a big property and all but it's not flashy..I don't even think that kennel is air-conditioned..

also looks like there plenty of areas nearby someone could hide..maybe follow you down from the house...

I dunno it seems like he had nothing but time if he did this..so honestly I don't think they nailed it. mOO
it truly is an ugly looking property .. no frills.
Purposely looking neglected so it's doesn't look owned by a millionaire. IMO

Most interesting of all when I read the Murdaugh She Wrote book (written at least a year ago) the author tried to frame SR Murdaugh (aka "Handsome") and repeatedly said he told Ellick "if you don't care of this I will" implicating the mess Paul made with the Boat Crash.

Where would local kids get a Buster flower pot?

Exactly. I could see local kids/younger pranksters putting some kind of creepy Halloween mask or something like the chicken, but the other stuff? No. What young teen is going to "stage" something like a middle-aged mom's bicycle? I don't see that happening.

Imo and moo, of course.

Had the same thought. And is that really Maggie’s bike? It’s cute and looks like something out of The Wizard of Oz. Surely she would have had an expensive mountain bike with thick tires to ride on the dirt ”roads” on the property?
MM doesn't strike me as someone who'd be biking at Moselle. I could see that as a beach bicycle at Edisto.

Agreed. The house itself looks lovely, but looks out of place. It looks like it was plopped on a rural piece of wild grassy land with no landscaping. The brick steps out front seem to have no brick or paved path leading up to them. Is there a back deck or garden to sit in? Not being critical, and maybe many homes in that area are similar. Maybe this is why Maggie preferred Edisto, although I have not seen photos of that home. It surely was geared toward hunting, with the various food plot fields, kennels and guns galore.
Nothing in the back. I commented earlier that I could understand why she preferred the beach home, this was a man cave.

My trial attorney husband’s opinion is that the jury not hearing the defense closing until tomorrow favors the prosecution. The jury will have tonight to think about what CW told them and showed them today without the defense’s contradictory input. They are likely to be well influenced by CW before they even hear JG. His OO.

I thought CW did a terrific job. I thought he was systematic in building his argument and I hung on every word. He wove in everything that I thought he needed to.

Got a big kick out of AM. I don’t think he nodded his head one time about anything after CW pointed out his body language during his testimony. LOL. What a manipu1at0r!

This is probably the best time to mention that your posts always calm me down. Your husband is an experienced trial attorney - a very specialized niche of knowledge. And you are wise, attentive and excellent with details.

Perhaps you need your own youtube body language channel (only half-kidding - I'm more impressed with you and some others here, than certain other analysts on Youtube.

IMO of course. Hats off.

I thought the presentation and editing of the interview tapes was really well done today - and cast those interviews in an entirely more enlightened way - the tapes drone on and on when you listen to them straight through - with all the yes sirs, and y’alls - the nuances get lost. But watching the clips today - when put into context with other evidence not yet known at the time of the interviews was really effective - almost a mini cross examination of AM. And AM’s body language was really revealing as was his fixation on phones - phones will show, you saw my phone, can I show you my phone, PM’s phone popped out, my phone fell in the console - it’s so excessive and bizarre after hearing all the other evidence. I think CW did a great job showing manufactured alibi - not just with lies - but about AM knowledge from being a lawyer, and specifically from his experience where phones, GPS and the like are the facts that law enforcement and jurors value most (short of video of crime, or dna, etc.)

The women's bicycle (Maggie's, I assume) and what looks like a middle-school ceramic Christmas project of a pot that said "Buster" on it were both in front of the house; they weren't present in the sales photo for the estate. Someone had to put them there on purpose. The bicycle didn't show 18 months of outdoor weathering, and the pot was for Christmas. This was deliberate.
Nothing of Paul’s
I have a feeling this could be about the staging at Moselle for the jury view.
by defense that wanted jurors there!

chilling how close they were!
Chilling for sure.. wonder how they could be so close? Because Maggie trusted whoever was there when she heard what she heard, she ran toward Paul and the sight of a stranger or strangers standing there didn't cause her to run away because it wasn't a stranger.. it was her husband.

Hi JerseyWasHome2, yes it was seen when Murdaugh was leaving the courtroom.

No one is supposed to be near any defendant in the custody and control of any place of incarceration. No one should have come close at all to Murdaugh.

That also is contraband and needs to be disciplined for that.

That’s the second time he took something from his sister. I wonder if Newman can address that in court? He needs to be called out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper