VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AM too, IMO. Their suits seem oversized and not cut from the greatest cloth for prominent men (shiny looking, boxy), but maybe that's the style around there. It's reminiscent of the massive suit David Byrne of The Talking Heads wore on their Stop Making Sense Tour.

MOO
It's part of being costumed. It's the "I'm One Of You; You Know Me; I'm Your Neighbor; I'm Just An Ordinary Person" look.
MOO

Does anybody else think drugs played a bigger role in this and they need to follow the money to get the entire story?
I don't believe drugs played any part in the murders as in SODDI responsible but I do think AM was likely involved in trafficking narcotics. AM was indicted and charged for the same in June 2022 but little more has been released.

Murdaugh and Smith started laundering more money and stopped taking precautions to avoid detection about three months before the killings, said Creighton Waters, the chief of the state Attorney General Office’s State Grand Jury Division.

Curious what points you struggle with?

AM went to great lengths to protect and provide for his family. I don't think he would do that and go off and shoot them point blank.

AM was a proven liar, thief and overall bad person, but that doesn't prove he's a murderer.

I think drugs played a much larger role and there's too much money unaccounted for to dismiss another possibility.

Poor investigation and lack of direct evidence.

PM's video is the most damning piece of evidence and that still doesn't prove AM shot them.

What if a juror is convinced that Ellick committed at least one of the killings, but believes another assailant was present? Does the juror still vote guilty, but only on half the counts, or….
Does anyone know how that would affect deliberations?
I can't even.... :confused:

JG did not appear to have his heart in that closing statement this morning. I couldn’t help thinking that body language experts explain how when someone is speaking in a deceitful manner, their brain can’t help tell the truth in the way of their body language. That was the feeling I had with JG this morning … perhaps his brain didn’t believe his client is innocent, and it was hard for him to fight for him.

It was horrible. There was no passion. No conviction. It sounded disjointed and half-assed in my opinion. I sincerely feel that he just didn't believe in Alex AT ALL. That was a man just going thru the motions. He's a professional and just doing his job and for that I commend him. You can't fault defensive lawyers for doing their job. He was severely handicapped with Alex allegedly insisting on testifying. He had to lob him softball questions which just set the ball on the tee for the prosecution to unload on and destroy him.

I think the defense picked up on some kind of bad vibe from DH. He showed his @ss yesterday and I think deep down, knew that he wasn't going to be doing Alex any favors by doing the rebuttal. Maybe that put too much pressure on JG. He doesn't have the same flair and impact as DH, but I really think that DH got benched so to speak.

We'll see. I sincerely think that there really is no way to think that AM didn't kill them. The man is morally bankrupt. There is nothing in his moral bank account that leads me to believe he couldn't kill. He lost his soul a long time ago. I've said it in a previous post of mine there just isn't anything positive about that man. None!

The thing that really convinced me was his entire nonchalant attitude about Maggie. I never once got the feeling that he loved her. He didn't get upset when they were talking about her gruesome death, which I think we can all agree that her death was angry and violent. That usually doesn't come from strangers.

Looking back on his testimony he never expressed any signs of love for her. That word NEVER came out of his mouth. There was no emotional devastation for her loss. He was never inconsolable about her death. He never cried about how much of a loss it was for him going forward without her. We saw deep emotion and loss for Paul, but where was that for the woman he spent most of his life with? Where was the emotion for losing a life partner? Were was the passion for his wife?? He talked about her a little bit when prompted but it wasn't much.

The final nail in that coffin was when his brother came to the stand and really didn't express a whole lot of love and affection for his sister in law either. With the exception of one or two prompted statements I didn't get the sense he had much love for her either. I really don't think that marriage was a good as everyone thought.

I just came back on here and I don't understand how keeping the alternate juror is helpful for their deliberations. If she has to step in the others have said so much already that she has not heard and cannot weigh if that makes sense.

Whenever a deliberating juror is replaced with an alternate, the jury is instructed to begin their deliberations anew.

watching the Netflix doc. I was struck by that recording of Mags call to 911 regarding Gloria who was pretty obviously badly wounded and affected by this fall..coupling this and stolen money and the boat accident..I could see someone who is very hurt by all of this wanting to kill Mags and Paul who was raised up by Gloria..I think there is plenty of outside motive out there..and looking at all this in bulk, makes me wonder if Alex isn't the least likely person to have done this. I just don't
think all of Alex's bad acts prior add up to motive either.

tell me why he rushed to have cops on the scene..when he could have waited..why would he box himself in? why would he do it with a pocket full of pills? he would't even have to make up a story like he wasn't down there at all to cover up..

it's just not logical. mOO

So this all had to be carefully scheduled so that she would not be able to return to Edisto before the Boat Trial started on June 10

This was his ONE chance to deal with them both and stop the trial.
I believe this was a hearing on June 10 for AM to produce financial discovery-- and not the first day of jury selection for a civil trial.

Also, there was still no trial date for PM's criminal trial.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members