VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is now the most anxiety ridden part of the trial - waiting for the verdict.

Trials are exhausting for the attorneys. They all looked pooped.

Jurors will first take a vote. Even if they all vote guilty, they will wait for their free supper and then come back.
I will furnish the champagne if they will do it tonight!

AM went to great lengths to protect and provide for his family. I don't think he would do that and go off and shoot them point blank.

AM was a proven liar, thief and overall bad person, but that doesn't prove he's a murderer.

I think drugs played a much larger role and there's too much money unaccounted for to dismiss another possibility.

Poor investigation and lack of direct evidence.

PM's video is the most damning piece of evidence and that still doesn't prove AM shot them.

I get where you are coming from in that it does not make sense that he murdered them. It also makes no sense the amount of drugs he self reported taking. I have no doubt he is a major dealer and laundering all that money.

That said, I do think he murdered them because he actions were getting more and more unpredictable. I think the annihilator in him could not stand that MM and PM were questioning him.

I found this article about another case but the description seems to fit.

“Roughly a quarter to a third of family annihilation cases appear to have financial problems at their root,” Websdale said. “Often what we see here is a deep sense of male shame.”

Perpetrators of familicide are often “highly repressed individuals,” Websdale said, facing potential eviction or bankruptcy. The family may be facing destitution, but “appear on the surface to be respectable.”

The goal, Berrill said, is to spare the family “all these assaults to their sense of well being and their sense of normalcy. It reflects very distorted thinking and very strained and depressive type thinking and desperation which culminates in this kind of terrible act.”

This act is called “anomic familicide,” according to Dr. Kevin Barnes-Ceeney, assistant professor of criminal justice at the University of New Haven. “It’s when you feel like you're going to lose everything and you have an attempt to immortalize the family.” Family annihilators: The psychology behind familicide

It's been a long day sleuths but it's now in the hands of the jurors and hope they can see through the fog that the defense kept popping and see AM for what he is, will accept the decision ether way but may throw a tantrum first lol. The Crazy Train cocktail lounge car will be open all night with continued drinks on the house. Feel free to mingle, discuss your thoughts and feelings and get your belly full as well in our 5 star dinning car. I feel the state's ending was solid with a dagger to the heart of the defense IMO and we can celebrate that as well. The chicken is springy again and moving about stealing sips from the sleuths drinks, a good sign and will be available for one on one egg chat's. TOOT TOOT! websleuths it's been a heck of a ride and would'nt have changed the ride or great company I have spent time with.
You’re not excused yet!
The next case need you and the train or bus, egg’s optional

Hmmm...
I believe the jury should be sequestered !
Imo.
OJs jury was sequestered.
Anthony jury was sequestered.
We’ve asked enough of those folks.
Sequestration would mean an innocent verdict. Once you get a taste of being closed up in room for days, you feel for the person you would send to prison. JMO

AM went to great lengths to protect and provide for his family. I don't think he would do that and go off and shoot them point blank.

AM was a proven liar, thief and overall bad person, but that doesn't prove he's a murderer.

I think drugs played a much larger role and there's too much money unaccounted for to dismiss another possibility.

PM's video is the most damning piece of evidence and that still doesn't prove AM shot them.
I respectfully disagree with your opinion.
- AM went to great lengths to protect himself financially thus 'providing' for his family the things associated with being affluent, maintaining status....until the boat crash. - protect and provide in his orbit is not the same as working to put bread on the table. IMO
- Proven liar: yes. and the most serious event, he lied.
- the money crimes are still not fully done being investigated despite being indicted, investigation still continues...drug connection may come to light
- circumstantial evidence is given the same weight as direct evidence
-video/audio places him at the scene. times, phone data, car data (which he continually offered up) IS indicative of his movements (double edged sword -because he based his finely constructed timeframes on NOT being there)...its the TOTALITY of the evidence.

IMO

You’re not excused yet!
The next case need you and the train or bus, egg’s optional
Hanging in there and always looking for something or someone wronged and needs to be right. Hearing whispers of an ex-boyfriend killer case that may pop up. Always happy to get a head's up from my fellow sleuths on something we all need to get after.

Hi Tippy!

I appreciate that your point of view. In the early stages of the trial I was pretty sure I’d have reasonable doubt if I was on the jury but during the course of the testimony and presentation of the evidence - specifically of AM’s testimony and the video and the whole timeline thing - my doubt began to clear up and what little I do have remaining would not be really be reasonable doubt any more. I do still have a hard time with anyone killing a wife and son for any reason but it happens so often in this crazy world that I have to put that thought aside. I do think they missed on the motive here and that there was much more to it than we know but whether that is drug related or not I cannot say. But for me in the end, I don’t have to understand why someone does something to believe they did it.

I could come up with several scenarios in my mind of how the video and the timeline could be if AM was not the shooter but was present at the time of the murders. But that’s only because I’m a writer and ask a lot of “what ifs” - but because I can imagine those scenarios doesn’t mean that they are cause for reasonable doubt so they would not stop me from voting guilty if I was on the jury.

Now I said all that to ask this…Do you (as someone who isn’t convinced that he’s guilty) also think that he was present for the murders even if he did not pull the triggers? Or do you have another view of the time line?

Sorry that was so long everyone

Would he be put away for life for the financial crimes? If he gets 20 years for those, he'd be out in 8.

Not to be morbid, but do you think he would try to off himself in prison? For someone who has never had to face any real consequences in life, he's facing some really serious stuff right now.
BBM. I’ve been thinking the same.
If found guilty, I do wonder if he will pull an Epstein. I am puzzled where all the money went. Could be hidden off shore,in another country or with drug people. If found not guilty..gets bail on the finance charges ..or gets bail on an appeal…I can see him doing a disappearing act. I feel he will “leave” one way or another.

JMO

I missed everything today. I see the jurors are in deliberations. Sorry, if this has already been asked but how late will they deliberate up to tonight? Is it standard business hours or something else? Also, if all of the jury agrees right away on a guilty verdict how fast does that typically take to get to the media/be announced? Is it possible we could have a verdict tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove