VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that Alex lied numerous times to JG and DH, but they should have run for the hills after the roadside "suicide attempt". Instead they went into PR mode and stuck around for the big monetary payoff from the trial.

I have no sympathy for them.

I have a theory pulled straight out of “Ozark.”

So, I have been flip-flopping on guilty vs not guilty. There is strong evidence that he was at the scene briefly before the murders, and lying about that shows consciousness of guilt. Yet other pieces of the puzzle don’t quite fit. But how could he have been at the kennels but also not be the shooter? And if it happened that way, why wouldn’t he finally tell the truth?

I keep going back to all the missing money. I know he had an expensive opioid addiction, but that can’t explain all the missing millions of dollars. Where did it all go???

Was Alex, like Marty in “Ozark,” increasingly tangled up with some kind of mob or drug cartel? Was he no longer able to pay them off or launder more money for them, and they killed his wife and son right before his eyes with his own guns as a lesson? They could have told him Buster and other family members would be next if he ever dared say anything. There is a history of organized crime and murder in SC.

Just throwing this out there to the wind. Have I been watching too many “Ozark” episodes?
Very possible. I just started rewatching Ozark a few weeks ago. Such a fan-effing-tastic series.

It's not just you. I am feeling an uncomfortable amount of second hand embarassment for JG. This is like someone giving a bumbling speech using someone else's notes that had been shuffled out of order on a subject they only know partial details about.
Agree !!

This is just awful !!
He is all over the place, digging for papers, He seems to stumble over words, names, etc --very confusing.

He got himself in a corner about Maggie's phone not registering steps. We know her phone did move despites steps registering or not. He really lost his mojo after realizing what he did. He got rattled bad. Imo.

I have a theory pulled straight out of “Ozark.”

So, I have been flip-flopping on guilty vs not guilty. There is strong evidence that he was at the scene briefly before the murders, and lying about that shows consciousness of guilt. Yet other pieces of the puzzle don’t quite fit. But how could he have been at the kennels but also not be the shooter? And if it happened that way, why wouldn’t he finally tell the truth?

I keep going back to all the missing money. I know he had an expensive opioid addiction, but that can’t explain all the missing millions of dollars. Where did it all go???

Was Alex, like Marty in “Ozark,” increasingly tangled up with some kind of mob or drug cartel? Was he no longer able to pay them off or launder more money for them, and they killed his wife and son right before his eyes with his own guns as a lesson? They could have told him Buster and other family members would be next if he ever dared say anything. There is a history of organized crime and murder in SC.

Just throwing this out there to the wind. Have I been watching too many “Ozark” episodes?
yes, the millions, over and over. we know in short, but not everything, that he chronically stole money from settlements and kept moving the money....owe-zees to new steal to owe-zees to new steal....guess the trail will be totally exposed at THAT trial. so much we dont know yet about it. IMO

There is ample evidence of AM's guilt, much of it related to his horrible attempts at an alibi ... but, it has always bothered me that the main evidence of his guilt is an audio recording, supposedly immediately prior to the murder, about a dog with a guinea in his mouth. It raises doubt, although I am not sure it is reasonable doubt.

If AM had simply said, I was at the kennel and decided to visit mama and Paul and Maggie stayed behind to visit the dogs and didn't want to go with me, he might still be a suspect, but likely wouldn't have come to trial. If you take away the lies about being at the scene, the evidence is quite weak. The murder weapons were never found. The shell casings are linked to a model of rifle, but not an individual rifle. There are other potential situations, other than death, which would cause two phones to go silent at a particular time. The crime scene wasn't preserved and evidence left by others may have been destroyed. Lying about being at the kennel followed by the world's shortest nap before going to visit mama has "done him in."

If I'm a juror I'm getting angry that this is just so tepid, boring, and ill-prepared. It's jumbled, unfocused, and rambling. I'd feel like my time was being wasted. I tuned out awhile ago. It's horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee