VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a good look to back up your client when he says the witnesses weren't lying, they just didn't remember it right.. then to suggest the victim might have confronted Alex's drug dealer? I had to mute him because it's just ridiculous to say those things.. notice he didn't mention the sheriff that Alex tried to throw under the bus for approving his blue lights (unless I missed that). I guess he has to shoot his shot and if this is it, it's sad.

I have no doubt that Alex lied numerous times to JG and DH, but they should have run for the hills after the roadside "suicide attempt". Instead they went into PR mode and stuck around for the big monetary payoff from the trial.

I have no sympathy for them.

Didn't they get paid about $2M for this whole she-bang? Maybe more?

IMO.

If I'm a juror I'm getting angry that this is just so tepid, boring, and ill-prepared. It's jumbled, unfocused, and rambling. I'd feel like my time was being wasted. I tuned out awhile ago. It's horrible.
I would have to curb myself as a juror with JG up there or just stand up and say c'mon guy where you headed with this cause you lost us all and it's more appealing for me to stare out the window and watch the birds.

Would it be wrong to petition the court to see if Harpootlian can take over?

My head hurts.
I can't help but wonder if the fact that DH isn't doing the closing because he knows where this trial is going (defence has NOTHING IMO) and he doesn't want to be the last defence attorney to speak. The last man standing on a sinking ship........

I guess to be fair, JG has nothing to work with and trying to pull a Bunny out of his top hat. Imo.

And I figure the funds are running very dry. JG may have had to cancel an expensive vacation in order to pay for those experts to stay over the weekend.

(Pure speculation, but JG doesn't seem to be putting on his best game; he's got some emphatic gestures and dramatic pauses, but the overall closing argument is a large collection of small points and arguments).

MPOV.

Prediction. Talking heads will praise this closing.
Getting inside info from the defense team pays off for their YouTube channels. JG is all over the media.
There will be a multitude of posts gleefully claiming this closing was masterful! Even changed their vote from guilty to not guilty
MOO

There is ample evidence of AM's guilt, much of it related to his horrible attempts at an alibi ... but, it has always bothered me that the main evidence of his guilt is an audio recording, supposedly immediately prior to the murder, about a dog with a guinea in his mouth. It raises doubt, although I am not sure it is reasonable doubt.

If AM had simply said, I was at the kennel and decided to visit mama and Paul and Maggie stayed behind to visit the dogs and didn't want to go with me, he might still be a suspect, but likely wouldn't have come to trial. If you take away the lies about being at the scene, the evidence is quite weak. The murder weapons were never found. The shell casings are linked to a model of rifle, but not an individual rifle. There are other potential situations, other than death, which would cause two phones to go silent at a particular time. The crime scene wasn't preserved and evidence left by others may have been destroyed. Lying about being at the kennel followed by the world's shortest nap before going to visit mama has "done him in."
The shell casings are not simply linked to a model of rifle. They are linked to a rifle which ALSO shot bullets at other locations on the property (evidenced by casings found at those locations), where witnesses have testified they were with family members when such bullets were shot.

Mechanical markings on the casings match, indicating those bullets passed through the same weapon.

There was testimony he went into huge debt from failed land investments during the recession, major investors pulled out, and instead of being smart and doing what they did, he took over their investments, and that is when he started stealing. The money went to support their lifestyle charter jets, court side tickets to basketball games, etc.
Moo
A narcissist lives only in the present IMO

There is ample evidence of AM's guilt, much of it related to his horrible attempts at an alibi ... but, it has always bothered me that the main evidence of his guilt is an audio recording, supposedly immediately prior to the murder, about a dog with a guinea in his mouth. It raises doubt, although I am not sure it is reasonable doubt.

If AM had simply said, I was at the kennel and decided to visit mama and Paul and Maggie stayed behind to visit the dogs and didn't want to go with me, he might still be a suspect, but likely wouldn't have come to trial. If you take away the lies about being at the scene, the evidence is quite weak. The murder weapons were never found. The shell casings are linked to a model of rifle, but not an individual rifle. There are other potential situations, other than death, which would cause two phones to go silent at a particular time. The crime scene wasn't preserved and evidence left by others may have been destroyed. Lying about being at the kennel followed by the world's shortest nap before going to visit mama has "done him in."

This is what’s bugging me. Glad I’m not on this jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1