VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A drug lord dealing with a vicious cartel. A recent example of that viciousness is the recent massacre in Goshen, Ca. In that case 6 people were killed including a 10 month baby. Horrifying.

Well, I was serious with my speculation. I don't think there's any cartel like the ones we have here in CA (and particular in and around Goshen)

I think this was pharmaceutical company higher ups, pharmacies who failed and may have been bribed to fail on policies regarding polypharmacy, and so on. People who are like AM - masquerading as upstanding citizens or, at least, regular business people.

AM was in the white collar "muscle" department, had his own little mafia, didn't worry at all about having his drug cronies come after him (just yet), was stealing from the company store so to speak (the oxy), but was also heavily involved in dealing. He may also have been directly involved in money laundering. He's the "cartel."

IMO.

This has probably been posted but I just found this and thought it was very interesting to watch the interactions with AM and police

OH GAWD....defense says: he is at his mothers, and the defense says he doesnt have blood on him...well how does one explain he had no blood on him after being in the middle of a bloody crime scene?
Yep, no way he checked their pulses turned Paul over, no blood on his shoes. Nothing transferred to him. Moo

This is absolutely terrible! First he said the armpit testimony isn't science, it's an estimate. Then he says sure, a 6'4" person could kneel or crouch down and have done it.....refuting their own witnesses! <modsnip: language>

Last edited by a moderator:
Prediction. Talking heads will praise this closing.
Getting inside info from the defense team pays off for their YouTube channels. JG is all over the media.
There will be a multitude of posts gleefully claiming this closing was masterful! Even changed their vote from guilty to not guilty
MOO
Sickening, isn’t it? I wont watch any YouTube lawyers again.

Why in the world did Jim Griffin just concede that the shooter could've been on their knees? Did he forget that his own expert testified that a 6'4" person could not be the shooter?

He was very unhappy with that expert and is now trying to erase him.

Surely he's going to wind down soon? He isn't speaking like a man who is enjoying his own arguments or wants to be up there - he's going down a list the defense collectively prepared.

I'm so confused - defense is ready to admit that "Alec knew he did it" (planned the fake suicide), but he mumbles through the build-up to his point and then plainly announces, "Alec knew he did it!" subliminally planting the message that Alec commits crimes in the jury's minds.

And he's grateful for something (for bodycams) but boy is he rambling. I guess he just needs to get all these points on the record. I'm almost feeling sorry for him.

[Speculation]

I have a theory pulled straight out of “Ozark.”

So, I have been flip-flopping on guilty vs not guilty. There is strong evidence that he was at the scene briefly before the murders, and lying about that shows consciousness of guilt. Yet other pieces of the puzzle don’t quite fit. But how could he have been at the kennels but also not be the shooter? And if it happened that way, why wouldn’t he finally tell the truth?

I keep going back to all the missing money. I know he had an expensive opioid addiction, but that can’t explain all the missing millions of dollars. Where did it all go???

Was Alex, like Marty in “Ozark,” increasingly tangled up with some kind of mob or drug cartel? Was he no longer able to pay them off or launder more money for them, and they killed his wife and son right before his eyes with his own guns as a lesson? They could have told him Buster and other family members would be next if he ever dared say anything. There is a history of organized crime and murder in SC.

Just throwing this out there to the wind. Have I been watching too many “Ozark” episodes?

Interesting.

But wouldn't AM have exposed this debt and provided information to LE about it, along with some evidence - like phone threats?

It's not like AM or the family put out any information other than a fairly weak reward.

I wondered last night what the defense could really say in closing? Anyone have a good defense closing in their head for this case? I thought hard about it.

Since I came up with nothing, I figured JG would come out and make this as short as possible. Just say “My client is not guilty”.

Instead he is proving the prosecutors case! Keep going Mr Griffin. You are doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz