GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, there are all kinds of ways to disguise it. It’s so sad how it can wreck your family’s life in the process.

In the case of ‘accidental overdose’ does that mean they didn’t want to die and just misjudged the dosage amount taken? Or is it because they want to reach another level?

Recently I was in the ER for disc pain, I was waiting on a nerve block. The hospital was so crowded they had beds in the hallways. I had been in once before for the same reason and they gave me Hydrocodone then. I brought it with me to the ER because I had taken it but I wasn’t getting any relief. The pain was excruciating and the wait was so long I took 3 more pills at one time while in the hallway. It occurred to me after that just because they weren’t working doesn’t mean it was safe to triple the dose. If I had kept taking more it could have been an accidental overdose for someone who hasn’t ever done recreational drugs.

I believe a lot of ODs are in fact by accident tho the use is voluntary. In my experience the want for the next level is always there and it takes a strong inner voice to resist taking the chance. It’s very often that way with intense pain as well. Someone who is seeing double from gout will get tempted just as easy. Colchicine is a dangerous gout drug for that reason as well.

RE. @ 39:57 Meadors begins opining about Maggie's phone: she's at her car, messing with her rings, opens the text...

Take note Meadors knows this is not fact, he's postulating here about what MM was doing and tells the jurors "you decide."

What is factual is testimony by SLED that the only vehicle at the kennels when they arrived was AM's Suburban.

MM's Mercedes SUV was parked at the house.

@Cindizzi

It seems clear that within hours of that boat accident AM and machine were in full on mode to frame Connor for the death. Thankfully a careful analysis of positions in the boat and possible drivers led to conclusion that it was Paul. That fact added to so many others paint the picture of AM as such a vile human being. And he is right there saying he can help get Connor off. I don't think any parent could have made up that story. And remember this Murdaugh dynasty started way back with AM the great grandfather....we don't know 1/2 the stories but I bet many locals do.
Plus the is video the night of the boat crash that shows MB’s boyfriend yelling at Paul, asking why he would not slow down, let someone else drive. There is no debating that Paul driving the boat and how quickly they were willing to throw another innocent young man under the bus, ruin his life to save Paul, they quickly jumped on that because Connor did drive the boat some that night. Moo

The father of boat crash victim Mallory Beach refused to shake hands with Alex Murdaugh's family in court after the legal scion was sentenced to life in prison for the murders of his wife and son - and claimed 'justice has been served.'

< >

He was in court on Friday to watch Alex's sentencing for the 2021 shooting murder of his son Paul and wife Maggie at their South Carolina estate.

Beach was sitting at the back of the courtroom during the hearing on Friday when Murdaugh's brother John Marvin attempted to shake his hand. But Beach refused, telling him: 'I have nothing to say to you.'

Father of Mallory Beach snubs Alex Murdaugh's family in court

Would love it if the other things the Beach family did also made it into this article. They settled and allowed BM to get 400K+ from the estate of his mother and wanted him off the hook to provide him with the ability to heal rather than have to continue to go to court. I think that is better than a handshake and any other niceties that one could have in a face to face encounter. Not sure I could be that generous if I lost my daughter to the actions of someone with known issues that was sheltered by his family.

Good for him, the attempted manipulating of witnesses, the refusal to acknowledge Pauls roll in her death, the running theme of never being accountable, I would not have anything to say either, well not anything nice. He handled it perfectly moo
Yes, and sadly so true. Like to think that if I had been the sentenced defendant‘s brother, and had even made eye contact at that point, perhaps all that would have been appropriate would have been a sad eye glance and said, perhaps, “I’m sorry”.

It just doesn’t seem that some involved ‘get it’.
MO.

Not to belabor the point, BUT, The trial never went into where he was able to obtain 50k of oxy a week, how he got them, from whom, if they were being filled by pharmacies (impossible) or black market, etc. Here's my thought...NO ONE WANTED TO GO THERE. Drug cartels have infiltrated every edge of society, government, LE, schools, etc. Payoffs of people are made for silence. Could these murders have been done by drug runners as a warning to AM? Pay us..you are behind...Pay LE, they are closing in on us? They didnt kill AM, he was their best customer or whatever his role was? The real story here is the drugs. Just my opinion. DID AM kill his wife and son? Probably...however, no fingerprints, DNA, blood, unsecured murder scene....Perhaps AM couldnt say he thought the crimes were committed by drug runners and blamed the case against Paul and the boat wreck as a revenge killing? Yeah, he was at the kennels...he lied....If he wasnt the shooter, he has a damn good idea who it was IMO and he and the prosecution and the defense never ever went to the drug connection as a motive..dangerous water to stick their toes in....Totally my imagination here but worthy of consideration...You dont spend millions on drugs and no one asks where he got them? Preposterous...MOO
This trial wasn’t about his alleged addiction though. It only came in because his Defense team has been using it as an excuse for his roadside shenanigans.

He was indicted in June 2022 :

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Once prominent and soon-to-be disbarred South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaughhas been indicted again, this time prosecutors saying his crimes extended to an eight-year money laundering and painkiller ring with a friend and former client charged with trying to help him commit suicide.

Murdaugh wrote 437 checks worth $2.4 million that Curtis “Eddie” Smith cashed over eight years, keeping some of the money for himself and giving the rest for wide-ranging illegal activities, according to indictments handed up last week and unsealed Tuesday.

That illegal activity included a “distribution network” for the painkiller oxycodone, according to prosecutors, who did not specify any of the other possible crimes. Both men were charged with possessing, manufacturing or distributing narcotics, but court records did not provide additional details.
[…]

Murdaugh and Smith started laundering more money and stopped taking precautions to avoid detection about three months before the killings, said Creighton Waters, the chief of the state Attorney General Office’s State Grand Jury Division.

Waters did not give any more details at Smith’s bond hearing Tuesday.
[…]

Prison pens are made from a soft rubbery material that makes them bend and almost impossible to do lethal damage with. The pens we use in the real world are contraband in prison.

Wht dont they shave the women's heads?

I recall this question asked years ago and the response was there are far fewer female inmates and easier to check them when they arrive at the intake facility. (i.e., lice prevention).

Generally, once an inmate reaches their permanent housing/prison, they will adhere to the grooming policies of that prison-- many that allow reasonable hair length.

For example, this from Virginia:

Virginia is among only about a dozen states that limit the length of inmates' hair and beards, according to the American Correctional Chaplains Association. A handful of those allow accommodations for those whose religious beliefs prohibit cutting their hair. There is no hair policy for federal prisoners.

The department says the grooming policy is needed to prevent inmates from hiding weapons and drugs in their long hair or beards, and also to keep them from quickly changing their appearance if they escape.

About 300 inmates identify as Rastafarians, but only about a dozen are out of compliance with the policy, department officials said. Inmates' heads are shaved when they enter prison.

"We're not doing it just because we can. It's been done because it raises some security issues and concerns," said Harold Clarke, who took over as director of the department in November.

Not to belabor the point, BUT, The trial never went into where he was able to obtain 50k of oxy a week, how he got them, from whom, if they were being filled by pharmacies (impossible) or black market, etc.
He was on trial for murder. If his defense team wanted to posit these murders as retribution for AM's drug debts, they could have done so. It doesn't matter much because he's a constant liar, but then wouldn't his first call have been to BM and his other family members because they would've been in grave danger for their lives?
Here's my thought...NO ONE WANTED TO GO THERE. Drug cartels have infiltrated every edge of society, government, LE, schools, etc. Payoffs of people are made for silence. Could these murders have been done by drug runners as a warning to AM? Pay us..you are behind...Pay LE, they are closing in on us? They didnt kill AM, he was their best customer or whatever his role was?
Professional killers who didn't know PM and MM were going to be there at Moselle that night, on a 1,700-acre wooded parcel, and that they'd be at the dog pens rather than the house? Who came without guns and stepped out of the darkness as soon as AM left the area, who stopped to take MM's phone? Do you honestly think <modsnip> AM would go to prison for life to hide his drug suppliers' names?
The real story here is the drugs. Just my opinion. DID AM kill his wife and son? Probably...however, no fingerprints, DNA, blood, unsecured murder scene....Perhaps AM couldnt say he thought the crimes were committed by drug runners and blamed the case against Paul and the boat wreck as a revenge killing? Yeah, he was at the kennels...he lied....If he wasnt the shooter, he has a damn good idea who it was IMO and he and the prosecution and the defense never ever went to the drug connection as a motive..
Why would the prosecution go to this as a motive? The debt is the issue, the destruction of the family's "good name" and honor. AM is a liar and a family annihilator. He was deeply in debt because of his lies; whether it was to his firm, his family members or drug dealers doesn't make a difference.
dangerous water to stick their toes in....Totally my imagination here but worthy of consideration...You dont spend millions on drugs and no one asks where he got them? Preposterous...MOO
Who would be asking him? He wasn't on trial for spending money on drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love it if the other things the Beach family did also made it into this article. They settled and allowed BM to get 400K+ from the estate of his mother and wanted him off the hook to provide him with the ability to heal rather than have to continue to go to court. I think that is better than a handshake and any other niceties that one could have in a face to face encounter. Not sure I could be that generous if I lost my daughter to the actions of someone with known issues that was sheltered by his family.
yes I never fully understood that settlement...I guess that would have been a bit too far for me but people are all different. If that was what they wanted great...continuing a court battle is rough on a family. If AM had any true feelings for his family and knowing the financial crimes will keep him in prison anyway he would call off the appeal. This will bring all involved back into this again...but mostly his family and law partners.. He could stop that if he wanted..Call off the appeal and settle the financials. But AM is too in love with himself.

I now remember there was an evidence photo of her car parked at the house. Alex said he drove a golf cart back, but I suppose it could just as easy have been her car. Maybe easier.
No, MM's SUV was not at the kennels -- it was at the house as OP recalls in the evidence photo.

The only vehicle at the kennels when LE arrived was AM's suburban.

It's clear that Meadors was postulating about what MM was doing-- he told the jurors "you decide." It was a very effective close, even if it wasn't true. MOO

yes I never fully understood that settlement...I guess that would have been a bit too far for me but people are all different. If that was what they wanted great...continuing a court battle is rough on a family. If AM had any true feelings for his family and knowing the financial crimes will keep him in prison anyway he would call off the appeal. This will bring all involved back into this again...but mostly his family and law partners.. He could stop that if he wanted..Call off the appeal and settle the financials. But AM is too in love with himself.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Once prominent and soon-to-be disbarred South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaughhas been indicted again, this time prosecutors saying his crimes extended to an eight-year money laundering and painkiller ring with a friend and former client charged with trying to help him commit suicide.

Murdaugh wrote 437 checks worth $2.4 million that Curtis “Eddie” Smith cashed over eight years, keeping some of the money for himself and giving the rest for wide-ranging illegal activities, according to indictments handed up last week and unsealed Tuesday.

That illegal activity included a “distribution network” for the painkiller oxycodone, according to prosecutors, who did not specify any of the other possible crimes. Both men were charged with possessing, manufacturing or distributing narcotics, but court records did not provide additional details.

[…] 2.4 million over 8 years. Where's the rest of the money? IMO, a revenge killing over the boat wreck and a revenge killing over bad drug deals and money not being distributed to buy silence are both motives the defense could have used. AM is still guilty, I get that..he may have NOT pulled the trigger in my scenario. He left guns for the drug runners to use. He had no blood on him. He was part of this but possibly not the shooter? Murder for hire like he hired Cousin Eddie to kill him? "I never HURT Mags, I never HURT Paw Paw". In his world, he didnt do the actual killing...

It seems clear that within hours of that boat accident AM and machine were in full on mode to frame Connor for the death. Thankfully a careful analysis of positions in the boat and possible drivers led to conclusion that it was Paul. That fact added to so many others paint the picture of AM as such a vile human being. And he is right there saying he can help get Connor off. I don't think any parent could have made up that story. And remember this Murdaugh dynasty started way back with AM the great grandfather....we don't know 1/2 the stories but I bet many locals do.
Yes and sadly so true. While watching the Dateline last evening of the slayings at Moselle, and reflecting back on the boat crash incident - each in the initial moments of the scene arrival and commence of questioning - one thing was apparent- on both scenes. Nearly identical.

At each, investigators arriving on the scene, and some witnesses at the boat crash talking with investigators were early in the process mentioning - it is the Murdaugh family. And then it seemed there was a brief moment of quiet…… and then continuation in the process.

Says a lot. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members