GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single possession you’ve amassed during your entire life is gone. Imagine living a life of privilege your entire life like AM. Where you had “people “ to do everything for you. Now he literally has nothing - not even hair.
Normalcy does not apply to this man. I remember the first time I listened to AM's jailhouse calls-- I was expecting him to ask about his mother whom he stopped to visit daily and he never did! AM did fine in jail for more than 500 days -- he'll adapt in prison too. JMO

No, MM's SUV was not at the kennels -- it was at the house as OP recalls in the evidence photo.

The only vehicle at the kennels when LE arrived was AM's suburban.

It's clear that Meadors was postulating about what MM was doing-- he told the jurors "you decide." It was a very effective close, even if it wasn't true. MOO

Yeah, I said he car was at the house. And i was saying Alex could have driven her car back to the house instead of the golf cart.

But now that I think on it, there would have been data showing her phone connecting to the car when he drove it back, so it probably was the golf cart.

Last edited:
I love this judge and I don't think he did anything wrong with his remarks. I think he was amazing, calm and measured and in full control of his court during the trial.

I did see some people in L and C chat complaining, saying it showed the judge was biased and unfair, and it hurt AM's chances for a fair trial. etc etc.....I disagree because I think the judge followed the legal precedents and was impartial in his rulings.

But some of the complaints were that the judge ,allowing in the prior bad acts , unfairly prejudiced the jury against the defendant.

Too bad it was the defense who brought those acts up, on record, in open court. The Judge then had no choice under the ordinary rules of American jurisprudence. He had to let the other side question and discuss.

Defense did this with the addiction issue and with the financial issues and then put Alec himself on the stand to talk for a looong time under defense direct examination about the financials.

Then yesterday, the Defense states that this was fully Alec's choice. Not only that, as Judge Newman reminded him - on record - he's also a former lawyer; he's tried criminal matters as a prosecutor right in that very courtroom - so Alec can't sy he "didn't know" the implications of getting on the stand.

It was not the Judge who "allowed" the bad deeds of Alec Murdaugh into evidence; it was Alec himself and the Defense who worked it in and made the Judge have to allow it for the other side. No one has to object to the Defense allowing the defendant to incriminate himself.

Alec biased the jury himself.

IMO.

I meant in general...women have long hair. They are not required to have their heads shaved. Once the men are processed and heads shaved, they can grow their hair again. Not sure why women are exempt...

But, they are shaved in some places (both jails and prisons). And not all men's prisons make them shave their heads on intake. It's usually just on intake, on the theory of preventing lice. Apparently, it does help prevent lice outbreaks.

There are other articles like this one. And this was jail in Georgia, not prison. NY has a program where prisoners can go to "boot camp" to shave time off their sentences - both men and women have their heads shaved. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles County, both prisons and jails allow men to keep their hair.

So it varies.

Would love it if the other things the Beach family did also made it into this article. They settled and allowed BM to get 400K+ from the estate of his mother and wanted him off the hook to provide him with the ability to heal rather than have to continue to go to court. I think that is better than a handshake and any other niceties that one could have in a face to face encounter. Not sure I could be that generous if I lost my daughter to the actions of someone with known issues that was sheltered by his family.

Cutting Buster a break by the Beach family was a noble gesture.
I totally understand not shaking JMM’s hand though. He was a willing cog in the Murdaugh coverup after the boat crash. He even towed the boat away! Called tons of DNR people he knew when at the same time DNR was not talking with the Beach family at all.

Too bad it was the defense who brought those acts up, on record, in open court. The Judge then had no choice under the ordinary rules of American jurisprudence. He had to let the other side question and discuss.

Defense did this with the addiction issue and with the financial issues and then put Alec himself on the stand to talk for a looong time under defense direct examination about the financials.

Then yesterday, the Defense states that this was fully Alec's choice. Not only that, as Judge Newman reminded him - on record - he's also a former lawyer; he's tried criminal matters as a prosecutor right in that very courtroom - so Alec can't sy he "didn't know" the implications of getting on the stand.

It was not the Judge who "allowed" the bad deeds of Alec Murdaugh into evidence; it was Alec himself and the Defense who worked it in and made the Judge have to allow it for the other side. No one has to object to the Defense allowing the defendant to incriminate himself.

Alec biased the jury himself.

IMO.
Alex was doomed when he sat there and admitted that he looked so many in the eye and lied but he is now looking the jury in the eye and telling the truth. It just does not work that way in real life.

If you got the cash, crooked doctors are fairly easy to find

Prescription pad forgery and theft are real. Crooked doctors are real (and sometimes not doctors). Crooked pharmacies are very very real and there are a number of ongoing cases involving that issue, all over the place.

Patients themselves copy and print an Rx and then take them to pharmacies that are not within a computerized network (and there are some supposedly networked pharmacies whose systems either don't work, or allow people to pay cash and do not put the Rx into the system or where employees are involved in not putting things into the system).

Then, there are criminal drug enterprises who are irresponsible when they send massive amounts of drugs to a particular region, knowing full well that the number of pills being distributed far outstrips ordinary demand (Purdue Pharmaceuticals is alleged to "supplied millions of pills when they should have realized there was a problem and the drugs were being abused."

It's an entire underworld. I'm still not understanding exactly what Alec Murdaugh and CS (CE) were doing with all the pills and the money.

IME, IMO.

To me, the motive never mattered anyway. I was convinced he was guilty after hearing the opening statements, just as long as the phone and video evidence was what Waters said it was. And it was, and there was tons more that proved it even more. I still don't see how anybody can say the timing of kennel video and the phones locking doesn't prove it.

Cutting Buster a break by the Beach family was a noble gesture.
I totally understand not shaking JMM’s hand though. He was a willing cog in the Murdaugh coverup after the boat crash. He even towed the boat away! Called tons of DNR people he knew when at the same time DNR was not talking with the Beach family at all.
JMM seems like the family "clean up guy" and as such I have no respect. I said it before he is the most like AM as any of them...would he commit murder...no he would not but has no problem covering up for those that do.

Alex was doomed when he sat there and admitted that he looked so many in the eye and lied but he is now looking the jury in the eye and telling the truth. It just does not work that way in real life.

But didn't he refuse to admit that? I mean, he would never recount any discussion he had where he looked someone in the eye and lied to them.

QUESTION....APART from the one juror early on have any more come forward? I am sure media has been trying and I find it interesting to know that so many of them came for the verdict. I know I would after all of that. It is relatively easy for them to speak as they reflected what seems to be the will of the community they live in...but would understand having some fears of the remnants of the Murdaugh Machine in that area.

But didn't he refuse to admit that? I mean, he would never recount any discussion he had where he looked someone in the eye and lied to them.
As I recall his testimony he DID admit to looking at people including many that he "loved" and lying. What he could not do is recount even one conversation with the clients and how it went. I think CW's point is that these were not really people to him just opportunity to get more $$. Nothing personal about it at all .

WALTERBORO, S.C. — Alex Murdaugh, the disgraced South Carolina prosecutor who was found guilty of murdering his wife and son, was booked into South Carolina's Kirkland Reception and Evaluation Center Friday evening.

The 54-year-old was completely shaved and wearing a yellow jumpsuit in the most recent mugshot after a judge sentenced him to a double life sentence.

He will be held in a single cell for now, a South Carolina Department of Correctionssource told Fox News Digital.

"He will be assessed, and we will determine what his permanent placement will be," said the source, who noted haircuts are standard procedure.

View attachment 406931
Convicted killer Alex Murdaugh's new mugshot revealed after double life sentence

Okay, this made my day in a morbid kind of way.

Opinion only: This dude is freaking insane. INSANE I tell you. Why is he giving a smile? And why that smile. "Oops, mommy, yeah, I did still the cookies from the cookie jar" smile.

And crazy eyes. Those crazy eyes appeared more and more as the trial went on, never softening. I would say the eyes speak to a person who is intensely focused, perhaps hypervigilant and certainly is still scheming and planning and scrutinizing others for weaknesses to exploit.

Even if all he gets are beef sticks out of his new schemes, he's scheming. Is he trying to make his face pleasant so that he can get something from others? It's almost as if he is not in touch with reality - this is a mug shot, due to killing your family, Alec! This is not a holiday charity drive.

I would be very uncomfortable to be in a room with this man. His eyes display some aspect of...pride? And the mild-seeming smile is jarring next to those eyes.

Obviously opinion.

I think there may be some choice as to how extreme a “buzz cut” one receives. Jmo.

Locked Up - Columbia Star

Preparing inmates

“They come in chained up together on buses from all over the state,” she said. “They are lined up and the guards check their mouths and hair for contraband or drugs they might be trying to smuggle in, then they turn in all of their belongings for a search and get a hair cut.”

All male prisoners must have a buzz cut, much like the army, [assistant division director of the institution] Staley said.
Hope AM enjoys all actions inflicted on him at the institution.
He now, has 'no say': punishment for his crimes will continue until the day he dies.
What a life, to look forward to!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members