GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice is so sweet, especially in this case.

You had a great prosecution team and a sentence handed down by a very calm, experienced and loved judge. And I’m think all of them would have loved to wring AM’s neck!

A narc who is a family annihilator. Just the worst. I’m hoping Buster and AM’s brothers can find their way to be NOTHING like him in the future.

I seen a report on wistv.com saying that he would get assigned to a max prison due to a life sentence but I wouldn’t doubt that at some point he or friends/family pull strings for a less secure setting and/or a high level job assignment.

A one inch threshold and being off balance makes that theory believable. If the defense reads that, I bet they are glad they pushed for that little field trip!

If Alex had planned things better, he cold have lied and said he had just left, heard some gun shots and rushed back down there. Yes, gun shots would be normal in that area and setting but he could have said the number of them or the fact that neither picked up their phone concerned him.

<modsnip>

He looks much happier here than he did in court. Maybe he is thinking he has a good case for an appeal.

Last night JG said AM will do ‘real well’ in prison. I don’t know what his purpose was for saying that. He said “he’s a good attorney, he’s very friendly, makes friends with anyone easily and he’s a big guy.
JG evidently doesn't remember that AM is an ex attorney..now he's just a person that studied the law and used to practice it. Perhaps JG is just trying to reassure the millions of people that are worried he won't do well in his new home. I wish him health and well being so he'll be around to answer for his remaining crimes. He probably will make friends easily with anyone that he can use to his advantage. Those whom he can see no use for probably won't be sitting at the cafeteria table when he's holding court. Being a big guy may have an advantage on the prison basketball court but is no advantage without some prison self defense classes and a lot of practice. And for those that believe his ability to help inmates file briefs and such will make him valuable enough to protect, IMO much will depend on the success of those briefs and such to determine his value among the inmates. I could be all wrong about all of this...he may already know several people from his dope dealing (excuse me - alleged dope dealing) days serving time. If that's the case, JG may be right Reunion time for Alex.
moo

I meant in general...women have long hair. They are not required to have their heads shaved. Once the men are processed and heads shaved, they can grow their hair again. Not sure why women are exempt...
Quick google says this policy varies between prisons and some require everyone to shave on intake.
Heck yeah! Make a pen that looks like a beef stick! Contraband problem no more!

I don't know if others perceived this but Griffin seemed less excited about an appeal and in a way seemed beaten down and sort of over this whole AM debacle. I think he knew Paul and Maggie well and is devastated at their brutal murder. He knows there are no other suspects. I found <modsnip> comment "not our job" to find the real killer/s really sad. Of course it is not but as usual with this guy it could have been worded better. They also have the 99+ cases ahead for this guy. I mean seriously I don't think Griffin believes in his client and it shows..it showed in closing. He is getting very poor reviews on his performance at closing.
Even if Harpootian puts in for an appeal, they may not represent AM at it. If not being paid, they may tell him to get a Public Defender. In any case, it will take time, maybe years before the case would even be heard. MOO

I meant in general...women have long hair. They are not required to have their heads shaved. Once the men are processed and heads shaved, they can grow their hair again. Not sure why women are exempt...
This policy varies by prison for all genders.

There was a strong contingent of supporters that daily marched into that courtroom to support AM. I assume mostly family. It has been reported that even Maggie's sister did not think AM did this. It is beyond the realm of some in the inner circle to fully accept that he could do this. I get that. I think with time that will change. I have to wonder how many of the family really think he did not do it or were they there to try to protect the family name? I think his sister being a bit more out of the loop in terms of the financials and clean up (at least I have not heard her name) does think he is innocent....and then there is Buster. Who can even speculate what he is thinking? I can't imagine. At some point in the future more evidence will turn up..this trial will be a story for many years.
@turaj Where was it reported that Maggie’s sister doesn’t think AM murdered them? Would love to see that source. TIA.

Even if Harpootian puts in for an appeal, they may not represent AM at it. If not being paid, they may tell him to get a Public Defender. In any case, it will take time, maybe years before the case would even be heard. MOO
Appeals are usually not handled by the trial lawyers. You want a fresh set of eyes to handle it and there is always the (remote) possibility that you can argue ineffective assistance of counsel. JMO.

I believe he is to be separated, but if not, he could be Jeffrey Dahmered. MOO

I do think he's the typical antisocial type, though. He knows how to barter his legal services and how to get some men to see themselves as "under him." He is superficially charming and knows how to be affable. He will have as much commissary money as the place allows (they should limit him, IMO).

Has anyone been Dahmered at Kirkland, I wonder? Seems to me as if they'd be set up to keep Alec in his own cell and have him in the exercise yard with a small number of other at risk prisoners. He'd still be able to talk to others in nearby cells in most prisons (complete solitary is considered inhumane unless the prisoner is repeatedly a danger to others - unless that's how he wants it, I suppose).

Dahmer had severe mental health problems, putting him at risk both for knowing when to avoid/back down from others and for doing any number of things (saying/doing) that others would find intolerable.

Alec is an affable Southern gentleman with years and years of conning others and using his façade. I'm not too worried about him. He probably wants to be part of a prison gang, IMO.

All opinion.

Okay, this made my day in a morbid kind of way.

Opinion only: This dude is freaking insane. INSANE I tell you. Why is he giving a smile? And why that smile. "Oops, mommy, yeah, I did still the cookies from the cookie jar" smile.

And crazy eyes. Those crazy eyes appeared more and more as the trial went on, never softening. I would say the eyes speak to a person who is intensely focused, perhaps hypervigilant and certainly is still scheming and planning and scrutinizing others for weaknesses to exploit.

Even if all he gets are beef sticks out of his new schemes, he's scheming. Is he trying to make his face pleasant so that he can get something from others? It's almost as if he is not in touch with reality - this is a mug shot, due to killing your family, Alec! This is not a holiday charity drive.

I would be very uncomfortable to be in a room with this man. His eyes display some aspect of...pride? And the mild-seeming smile is jarring next to those eyes.

Obviously opinion.
Without getting graphic, he looks like the type of guy whose wife makes sure dinner is ready when he gets home, if she knows what's good for her.

I do think he's the typical antisocial type, though. He knows how to barter his legal services and how to get some men to see themselves as "under him." He is superficially charming and knows how to be affable. He will have as much commissary money as the place allows (they should limit him, IMO).

Has anyone been Dahmered at Kirkland, I wonder? Seems to me as if they'd be set up to keep Alec in his own cell and have him in the exercise yard with a small number of other at risk prisoners. He'd still be able to talk to others in nearby cells in most prisons (complete solitary is considered inhumane unless the prisoner is repeatedly a danger to others - unless that's how he wants it, I suppose).

Dahmer had severe mental health problems, putting him at risk both for knowing when to avoid/back down from others and for doing any number of things (saying/doing) that others would find intolerable.

Alec is an affable Southern gentleman with years and years of conning others and using his façade. I'm not too worried about him. He probably wants to be part of a prison gang, IMO.

All opinion.
Good Call!

I knew someone that met their dealer at gas stations and bought pills by filling their tanks with a credit card that their wife was less likely to question.
Same! And with our petrol average at $4.99/gal - easy peasy credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257