GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normalcy does not apply to this man. I remember the first time I listened to AM's jailhouse calls-- I was expecting him to ask about his mother whom he stopped to visit daily and he never did! AM did fine in jail for more than 500 days -- he'll adapt in prison too. JMO
Just like a snake who can wrap and form itself around anything but on the plus side we know where the snake is housed and no exit's.

Last edited:
Last night JG said AM will do ‘real well’ in prison. I don’t know what his purpose was for saying that. He said “he’s a good attorney, he’s very friendly, makes friends with anyone easily and he’s a big guy.

Yikes.... a big guy??????? Is he saying he can fend off any amorous advances???? I dont think your size has any bearing on a "love" ambush or a wacko who wants to kill you in prison to make a name for himself....

Last night JG said AM will do ‘real well’ in prison. I don’t know what his purpose was for saying that. He said “he’s a good attorney, he’s very friendly, makes friends with anyone easily and he’s a big guy.

Yikes.... a big guy??????? Is he saying he can fend off any amorous advances???? I dont think your size has any bearing on a "love" ambush or a wacko who wants to kill you in prison to make a name for himself....

Well, he'll need to pick up the hobby of weight lifting - which I am sure he will.

JG explains AM's mug shot - and merely said what a lot of us were thinking.

Alec clearly has the main skills of a sociopath (whether he is one or not), and thinks he can use those same skills in prison. He will be hard for corrections to manage, IMO. "Makes friends with anyone," hahahaha. Prisons are usually divided into some pretty opposing camps, which are hierarchical. Most people in that prison are not like Alec, sociologically speaking.

It's implied that Alec will be "nice" and "make friends." As if this is like a new school year for Alec. I do think Alec will throw himself into moving up the prison hierarchy (using money - his commissary rights need to be monitored carefully and I'm sure they will be - it won't be like county jail).

Big guys are sometimes challenged purposefully by shorter, tougher guys. It's almost like it's a game and there's a point system.

IMO. (And IME).

For the person who asked what order the Murdaughs are as siblings: Randy is the oldest, Alex, then John Marvin. Little is known about sister Lynn, as she is very private. Randy sued Alex for about $90,000. MOO

I love this judge and I don't think he did anything wrong with his remarks. I think he was amazing, calm and measured and in full control of his court during the trial.

I did see some people in L and C chat complaining, saying it showed the judge was biased and unfair, and it hurt AM's chances for a fair trial. etc etc.....I disagree because I think the judge followed the legal precedents and was impartial in his rulings.

But some of the complaints were that the judge ,allowing in the prior bad acts , unfairly prejudiced the jury against the defendant.
When asked what tipped them to Guilty, at least one Juror said the SNAP CHAT which has Alex's voice on it was huge for him. Not the Financials. He sunk himself with All the lying, and especially his Blubbering with No Tears. MOO

Yeap!!! Working in mental health, many clients would sell their 180 oxi (monthly limit) for $150-$200 each. This funded lotto, eating out, alcohol, marijuana, cable TV, transportation, etc. They lived on 750. disability benefit.

Another good source for illegal oxi, Assisted Living with Veterans. VA does auto ship by mail. ALs "waste" unused oxi, each month. Easy access to 1000s of pills each month.

Those that can afford prescription oxi have many sources available.

Yes, pill mills still exist, nationwide.

All my opinion only
Thanks, @Simply Southern for confirming your experience. Court TV interviewed an MD that opined similarly about the existing network of a black market for pharmaceutical-grade Rx, especially for the well-heeled clientele.

IMO, it would be naive to think otherwise or that AM was ingesting thousands of pills over the years from the street. Never -- AM was very confident in the safety and quality of his pills.

AM is still facing prosecution of the drug charges and I won't be surprised if the prosecution for this case uncovers more monied personalities as both investors of this enterprise and users of the A-grade product. And I'm not referring to cousin Eddie Smith -- he's just AM's grunt. MOO

Okay, this made my day in a morbid kind of way.

Opinion only: This dude is freaking insane. INSANE I tell you. Why is he giving a smile? And why that smile. "Oops, mommy, yeah, I did still the cookies from the cookie jar" smile.

And crazy eyes. Those crazy eyes appeared more and more as the trial went on, never softening. I would say the eyes speak to a person who is intensely focused, perhaps hypervigilant and certainly is still scheming and planning and scrutinizing others for weaknesses to exploit.

Even if all he gets are beef sticks out of his new schemes, he's scheming. Is he trying to make his face pleasant so that he can get something from others? It's almost as if he is not in touch with reality - this is a mug shot, due to killing your family, Alec! This is not a holiday charity drive.

I would be very uncomfortable to be in a room with this man. His eyes display some aspect of...pride? And the mild-seeming smile is jarring next to those eyes.

Obviously opinion.
No need for AM to wear the mask of a grieving father and husband, which that fell short of as well but now unsmasked we see the dark man for who he truly is.

Last edited:
Watching 20/20 now and I'm finding it so bizarre to see the change in AM's eyes!! :eek:

Seriously, so many photos and videos of AM with normal reddish-brown eyes pre-murder whereas every image of AM post-arrest (as well as court appearances) is a beady-eyed AM with a dark black, evil stare.

Another juror speaks. This one is 22 years old. I did find it striking, when the camera did pan by the jury for a second, how young the jury appeared compared to what I usually see.

His name is James and he sounds very sharp.

He says the kennel video was the main factor. Yes, how could anybody deny that it proves it!

Interesting that it says 11 of them went back for the sentencing.

Last edited:
I love this judge and I don't think he did anything wrong with his remarks. I think he was amazing, calm and measured and in full control of his court during the trial.

I did see some people in L and C chat complaining, saying it showed the judge was biased and unfair, and it hurt AM's chances for a fair trial. etc etc.....I disagree because I think the judge followed the legal precedents and was impartial in his rulings.

But some of the complaints were that the judge ,allowing in the prior bad acts , unfairly prejudiced the jury against the defendant.
Judge Newman is extremely experienced and unlike some cases where the Judge will yell at people, this man was extremely measured, and though I am not a Lawyer, I see nothing that can be challenged, though they will try. That will take years, and in the meantime AM will surely be using his skills in he Law Library, to help other inmates in exchange for Commissary. MOO

But didn't he refuse to admit that? I mean, he would never recount any discussion he had where he looked someone in the eye and lied to them.

Actually, he said that yes, he had done this many times, he just couldn't recall details.

He remembers which trees that Bubba peed on, the morning of the murders. He remembers lots of things. Just not the details of his stealing from clients and partners.

The one detail I remember him mentioning involved a phone call. And frankly, while I believe he looked at the jury, I do not believe he locked eyes with individual jurors and tried to show that he was telling the truth. He remained shifty even on the stand. In the courtroom (and he should know this), you lock eyes with the person asking the questions in a particular way to show that you are truthful. Innocent people desperately want the world to truly understand they are not lying. Innocent people remain in a kind of state of shock that others are not believing them. That's why they try to make sure the other person is truly listening and feeling their own emotional states.

There's still a lot to learn about how people transmit emotional states to others (we know that they do; we just don't know all the how's of it). I believe that Alec's method of lying involves convincing himself he's not lying (somewhat like a kid might do - but it's also one definition of what I'd call crazy or crazy-making behavior). He's used to being believed - but I think a lot of people's hinky detectors would be activated by him (he was preying upon the old, the infirm, the bereaved, the injured).

And from now on, any reasonable person who knows his situation will just assume he's a lying liar.

BTW, to me it looks like he *might* be indicted in the drug ring charges and of course, the 20 financial indictments and some 110+ charges (and counting) still have to be tried. Judge Newman will likely have to try 20 cases with over 100 charges. Of course, Alec is likely set to plead out on most of them because, well, he's in prison for life and doesn't have a lot of money left. But he still might be indicted and basically forced to plead - and perhaps bear witness.

IMO.

Judge Newman is extremely experienced and unlike some cases where the Judge will yell at people, this man was extremely measured, and though I am not a Lawyer, I see nothing that can be challenged, though they will try. That will take years, and in the meantime AM will surely be using his skills in he Law Library, to help other inmates in exchange for Commissary. MOO
Many times it's the soft easy direct words that cut the deepest and give meaning, Judge Newman was a razor to AM's ears.

Another juror speaks. This one is 22 years old. I did find it striking, when the camera did pan by the jury for a second, how young the jury appeared compared to what I usually see.

His name is James and he sounds very sharp.

He says the kennel video was the main factor. Yes, how could anybody deny that it proves it!

Interesting that it says 11 of them went back for the sentencing.

From link.

Based on the testimony from the experts, Murdaugh was standing near the doorway when he used a shotgun to fire the first, nonfatal shot to Paul's chest, who was in the middle of the feed room.

The second shot came from a dramatic upward angle grazing Paul's shoulder, entering his neck and blowing his brain out through the top of his skull.

On the visit, James observed a one-inch threshold at the base of the feed room door that helped explain the second shot's unusual trajectory.

"I think if [Murdaugh] is looking at Paul, and he's just shot a buckshot, which, if you're not firm, it can rock you pretty good, I think he could have been unbalanced. And I think he could have tripped over that threshold and that puts him on the ground shooting up," James said. "I think that makes sense to me for the angle of the shot."

But didn't he refuse to admit that? I mean, he would never recount any discussion he had where he looked someone in the eye and lied to them.
My impression of his evasion on that was that he was being technical -- maybe he lied to clients over the phone or by email/text so he didn't recall "looking anyone in the eye", or at least he could claim that in his mind. I really felt Waters should have modified his questions because of how Alex was answering. After the early litigation phase, communications with civil litigation clients are usually not in person. JMO.

Watching 20/20 now and I'm finding it so bizarre to see the change in AM's eyes!! :eek:

Seriously, so many photos and videos of AM with normal reddish-brown eyes pre-murder whereas every image of AM post-arrest (as well as court appearances) is a beady-eyed AM with a dark black, evil stare.
Yes! It's quite alarming. Post-arrest those beady eyes stare straight into your soul in some pics

The look has an instant prison gang vibe of a certain persuasion, associating with a group can offer protection inside I’ve heard and jmo.
Kirkland, like all maximum security prisons is a scary place and has had a lot of problems, inmates killing inmates, a correctional officer is in Federal prison for stabbing an inmate there, guards have been taken hostage..
I believe he is to be separated, but if not, he could be Jeffrey Dahmered. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member