SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not followed the day to day trial coverage of this and had a question about the original police response. How extensively did the police search around the property and house on the night of the murders? AM was not charged for a very long time and the scene was released very quickly. Would have given him plenty of opportunity to conceal and then dispose of evidence like bloody clothing and the murder weapons.

Oh my goodness I can't listen to this stuff again. DH is just :rolleyes: o_O :mad: with how he questions people. Trying to suggest this 2nd officer on the scene was processing a crime scene.. he keeps trying to put words in his mouth and then the witness keeps restating the same thing he said before DH tries to suggest he was doing something else.

I've not followed the day to day trial coverage of this and had a question about the original police response. How extensively did the police search around the property and house on the night of the murders? AM was not charged for a very long time and the scene was released very quickly. Would have given him plenty of opportunity to conceal and then dispose of evidence like bloody clothing and the murder weapons.
I think the crime scene was really not a big area as far as the bodies go and what they found in the immediate area. Of course now we know after the fact that Alex was moving evidence all over the place and we might never know exactly what he did with some of it, but to the officers responding the bodies were close together, no weapons found and it sounds like they processed THAT scene well.

What wasn't done was the house that was somewhere around 3 football fields away.. others have said about 1/4-1/3 mile or so away. That was not closed off and Alex called family members and friends and they all started arriving at the house, which ideally would have been closed off also, but the bodies were at the kennels like I said some distance away and that was closed off.

I think Alex counted on the fact the officers wouldn't go to his mothers house that night and search it. He admits to leaving and going to his mothers and denies ever being at the kennels before he left. When he returned, he finds them. It wasn't for nearly a year that they got into Paul's phone and discovered the video taken of Alex being heard at the kennel that night. Alex had plenty of time to dispose of evidence and return and not only that he could have temporarily disposed of some things and then went back later to finish taking care of it. LE didn't search his mother's home in Almeda till Sept.

I believe we will hear the Murdaugh name for a long time. I hope they find the money, and the insurance policies. I hope they find out what happened to Stephen Smith and Gloria Satterfield. I can not see all those broken ribs and a crushed skull from falling on those steps. MOO.

I think the crime scene was really not a big area as far as the bodies go and what they found in the immediate area. Of course now we know after the fact that Alex was moving evidence all over the place and we might never know exactly what he did with some of it, but to the officers responding the bodies were close together, no weapons found and it sounds like they processed THAT scene well.

What wasn't done was the house that was somewhere around 3 football fields away.. others have said about 1/4-1/3 mile or so away. That was not closed off and Alex called family members and friends and they all started arriving at the house, which ideally would have been closed off also, but the bodies were at the kennels like I said some distance away and that was closed off.

I think Alex counted on the fact the officers wouldn't go to his mothers house that night and search it. He admits to leaving and going to his mothers and denies ever being at the kennels before he left. When he returned, he finds them. It wasn't for nearly a year that they got into Paul's phone and discovered the video taken of Alex being heard at the kennel that night. Alex had plenty of time to dispose of evidence and return and not only that he could have temporarily disposed of some things and then went back later to finish taking care of it. LE didn't search his mother's home in Almeda till Sept.

SLED has been taking a lot of crap for not securing the house and the murder scene more than they did. What people fail to realize is that it was the Sheriff's department that initially responded and took the lead in securing the scene before SLED investigators even got there. And since we know that Convicted Murderer Alex Murdaugh was very, very tight with the Sheriff's office, I think we can see why he was treated so well initially.

Perhaps as the State continues to investigate the volume and movement of AM’s stolen funds, it will become clearer where to look for potential life insurance policies. The members of this family have built wealth looking for leverage into the deep pockets of insurance companies over generations and it is almost impossible to believe AM would have passed on such an opportunity if he knew (as he did) that PM and MM would die soon.

I’ve found and others here have reported finding some LLC’s listing Alex Murdaugh as principal or registered agent, and one listing MM as principal or registered agent (likely the gift shop shared by LM and MM at one time). I also wouldn’t be surprised if Alex might set up LLC’s using friends or listing friends as principals or registered agents. I wouldn’t even be surprised if he’d do so without their knowledge.

I don’t know, but assume he could also have carried some kind of key man life policy on either PM or MM through an LLC listing them as officers, perhaps even offshore.
To clarify, Tinsley was talking about the 12 million dollar policy AM claimed to have on himself.

And Alex planned it so there would be no evidence at the house anyway, so they probably wouldn't have found anything relevant. That's why he was telling them they could search anything. About the only thing that would have helped is if they did an inventory on all his shirts at the house, but that's not really standard search procedure, they wouldn't have known at that time to do that. And they probably couldn't have gotten a warrant on Almeda back then neither.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WCSC) - State Sen. Dick Harpootlian, who represented convicted killer Alex Murdaugh in his murder trial, took the floor of the state Senate Tuesday afternoon.

[…]

“Now, I disagree with Judge [Clifton] Newman on some of the rulings he made. He ruled and we objected; it’s in the record,” he said. “The Supreme Court, Court of Appeals have a chance to look at that, and maybe even federal court. But that’s not based on bias. He just had a view of the law different from what I had.”

[…]

Harpootlian also addressed criticism he received from people who sent messages that called him a “piece of scum” or expressed hope that he would die of “rectal cancer.”

“Not all of them wished rectal cancer on me, but most were fairly critical,” he said.

[…]

He also had three words for people he said slept outside for nights to get a seat in the gallery during the trial: “Get some help.”

Harpootlian addresses SC Senate colleages, critics after Murdaugh trial

SLED has been taking a lot of crap for not securing the house and the murder scene more than they did. What people fail to realize is that it was the Sheriff's department that initially responded and took the lead in securing the scene before SLED investigators even got there. And since we know that Convicted Murderer Alex Murdaugh was very, very tight with the Sheriff's office, I think we can see why he was treated so well initially.
Agreed SLED did take some heat despite the local authorities had been rubbing shoulders with AM for a long spell. Despite all this SLED did their job and the proofs in the pudding with AM in a hole where he should be. The house should have been under a tighter rein but behind us now and just the other fellow sleuths sorting through the paper trail and money that may be hid in jars in the ground to bank accounts under the name of family pets for all we know. Happy Hunting sleuths.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the basic timeline of events. Just hadn't read anything about the extend of searches of the property etc. He surely could have dumped stuff near his mothers house. A few other questions I had; 1) Why would he take MM's phone and not PM's? Was smart to not dump it with any other evidence he disposed of. 2) Was there any testimony about why calls from that evening were not found in his phone's call log? He had to know that they would be retrievable via other means. 3) Did his mother's caregiver testify about what AM was wearing when he arrived there that night? Cheers.

DH explains it all. We are all 2nd amendment morons and don’t understand the legal system. That is why we were so critical of how he disrespected all the women witnesses, Gloria Satterfield’s son, and twisted truth to try to get his guilty client off the hook.
HE is a genius. WE are morons.
He is as much a narcissist as his murdering client.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WCSC) - State Sen. Dick Harpootlian, who represented convicted killer Alex Murdaugh in his murder trial, took the floor of the state Senate Tuesday afternoon.

[…]

“Now, I disagree with Judge [Clifton] Newman on some of the rulings he made. He ruled and we objected; it’s in the record,” he said. “The Supreme Court, Court of Appeals have a chance to look at that, and maybe even federal court. But that’s not based on bias. He just had a view of the law different from what I had.”

[…]

Harpootlian also addressed criticism he received from people who sent messages that called him a “piece of scum” or expressed hope that he would die of “rectal cancer.”

“Not all of them wished rectal cancer on me, but most were fairly critical,” he said.

[…]

He also had three words for people he said slept outside for nights to get a seat in the gallery during the trial: “Get some help.”

Harpootlian addresses SC Senate colleages, critics after Murdaugh trial
Why is he discussing this on the floor of the Senate? His law practice is supposed to be separate from the Senate.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the basic timeline of events. Just hadn't read anything about the extend of searches of the property etc. He surely could have dumped stuff near his mothers house. A few other questions I had; 1) Why would he take MM's phone and not PM's? Was smart to not dump it with any other evidence he disposed of. 2) Was there any testimony about why calls from that evening were not found in his phone's call log? He had to know that they would be retrievable via other means. 3) Did his mother's caregiver testify about what AM was wearing when he arrived there that night? Cheers.

1. Nobody knows but Alex.
2. He denied deleting them on purpose. Nobody knows why he did that neither.
3. She did testify to that. Said he was wearing shorts and t-shirt and cloth shoes like Sperrys. When police came he was in shorts and t-shirt and Nikes.

1. my theory (as I've seen others here say also) is that her phone could have been on the golf cart they drove to the kennels in. Her phone wasn't recording steps during the time of the murders.. it seems it had been stationary for a while so it being left in the golf cart while she was out watching the dogs run or dealing with them makes sense.. then we see something like 60 steps about the 8:53-8:55 time frame it's been theorized that Alex picked it up and wasn't sure what to do. Some have suggested maybe he drove the golf cart to the road and tossed the phone before driving back up to the house.

2. I think the assumption is he deleted them all except the 2 facetimes or attempted facetimes. No clue why.

3. Ms. Shelly did testify he was wearing shorts, t-shirt, and I believe she said cloth shoes or Sperry type shoes. He was in tennis shoes when the police arrived, but in a t-shirt and shorts. I believe Blanca also testified she never did see those cloth/Sperry shoes again either along with the shirt seen in the snapchat video Paul took of his dad messing with the tree that day. She said she's never seen that shirt or those shoes again.

I believe we will hear the Murdaugh name for a long time. I hope they find the money, and the insurance policies. I hope they find out what happened to Stephen Smith and Gloria Satterfield. I can not see all those broken ribs and a crushed skull from falling on those steps. MOO.
I agree, hoping for justice for Gloria and Stephen. Murdaugh involvement and cover up, especially by AM, is not beyond the realm of possibility, IMO.

<modsnip: off topic to this thread>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
AND why he distrusted SLED.

DH explains it all. We are all 2nd amendment morons and don’t understand the legal system. That is why we were so critical of how he disrespected all the women witnesses, Gloria Satterfield’s son, and twisted truth to try to get his guilty client off the hook.

I'm absolutely horrified that this man holds power to represent constituents of his state. And why is he bringing tales from his for-profit occupation to the Senate floor? o_O

HEwas so awful to the female witnesses...so demeaning and I have to assume that is how he lives his life in his good old boy world. I did not like him the minute he opened his mouth in opening ..."I am honored" to defend this lying murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict