SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding AM not buying a life insurance policy for his wife and son before he killed them, what if he didn't on purpose because it would be too obvious (that's almost the first thing people and presumably LE think about when family members are murdered -- did another family member do it to collect the insurance money)?

I think killing MM and PM would be equally profitable for AM in other ways.

All the property and assets MM had/shared with AM with her will leaving everything to him would go to him = $millions (and would no longer have to be split with her 50/50 if she lived on and/or they divorced).

The lawsuit against PM regarding his actions causing the boating accident that killed Mallory Beach & injured others would "go away" if the accused did (and it did to a large degree, IMO), and there was originally = $millions at stake, IIRC, and the families in the lawsuit against Paul ended up settling for much, much less.

Or as another alternative, would the commercial insurance policy AM took out on Moselle (that covered GS's "accident") cover murdered family members on the property as well? Not at all sure about that part, just wondering if those types of deaths (murder) are ever covered under insurance policies on a "property" (Moselle) rather than a "person" (MM & PM).

All MOO

An evening news story:
A man served 20 years before he was found to be not guilty. There was a juror who felt peer pressure and voted guilty. The case was reopened resulting in the man’s freedom.

Gosh I hope AM doesn’t get out, being as he is guilty.

distance....distance....distance
Personally I give him credit for that, more than the rest of the family is doing. Besides Maggie’s sister, he’s the only one publicly questioning things. Is he trying to spare himself of the Murdaugh name? Sure but I don’t see that he did anything wrong. Just my feelings.

I just sent my Senator a message telling him what I think about Harpootlian and him discussing it on the Senate floor. I also sent Alan Wilson one and told him it is unethical in my opinion and he was a horrible representative of our State. He did say he keeps them separate and then first day back did not.

I thought AW was too much about reciting his own participation in the trial. “We worked really hard” wasn’t the appropriate thing to say. The last week of the trial he went to an evening event and was taking credit for his involvement in the trial. He should have let CW & crew be in the spotlight more. He talked too much and he fit the narrative of being a voted in politician.

Personally I give him credit for that, more than the rest of the family is doing. Besides Maggie’s sister, he’s the only one publicly questioning things. Is he trying to spare himself of the Murdaugh name? Sure but I don’t see that he did anything wrong. Just my feelings.

One does not have to look far or long to find similar situations where a wealthy, patriarchial family with many children has a hard-working, playing-by-the-rules son, as well as the prodigal son-- always being bailed out by the father. One can only hope not to be judged by the sins of our siblings (or our fathers). JMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Harpootlian encouraged the circus atmosphere, his theatrics are not going to be forgotten. I am one that remembers his answer to the question about SLED and being a Senator, at the after trial presser he and Griffin did, and he said, he would not mix his profession with his duties as a Senator (my words) and here he goes doing it the very first opportunity. This a perfect example of why people find him so distasteful. IMO
When is he up for reelection?

I believe MM's phone was in the golf cart and Alec failed to realize that when he drove it back to the house. He then started calling MM's phone (or using FindMy) and located the phone. Realizing he couldn't take it back to the kennel area, he tossed it (apparently forgetting his car had GPS? This was an unexpected complication - that phone not being with Maggie, on her person).

Something like that, anyway. There's almost always some big oversight, esp. in a double murder.

IMO.
I keep coming back to Alex's words that he "got out of there". I bet he did... with her phone in that golf cart and then he decided to drive straight to the road to toss it and then back to the house.

Oh no! What a loss for SC and the community that followed him.

Sad to read this, I really enjoyed Avery’s daily tweets and he certainly kept us updated on AM trial updates. I know some here did not care for Avery, but I liked how he expressed himself and he gave it his all…true passion came through … and he seemed honest and funny. I love humor and love to laugh. He will be missed. Good luck to Avery, the future is bright and I wish him well.

BTW, an amazing worm moon tonight also called a crust moon, chaste moon, sugar moon and sap moon tonight. Thank you :)

There was no evidence at trial that any life insurance policies on the lives of the victims MM or PM existed.

No policies MM had on herself or by anybody.

At trial, AM's only benefit from MM's death was she named him the beneficiary of her entire estate. Period. JMO
Seattle1, that is exactly as I remembered it to be. -$0- life insurance policies on the victims.

I listened to Eric Tinsley talking with A. Levy on Law & Crime’s Side Bar (linked Thread #40) when he mentions that he believes Alec was beginning to plan the murders as far back as Dec. 2020? Has anyone read or heard where Eric elaborated on what evidence he has for that?

Last edited:
An evening news story:
A man served 20 years before he was found to be not guilty. There was a juror who felt peer pressure and voted guilty. The case was reopened resulting in the man’s freedom.

Gosh I hope AM doesn’t get out, being as he is guilty.
For sure but believe that the jurors in the AM case felt it in their hearts and even more so when AM took the stand and showed more concern at times about his shady dealings then the death of MM and PM. It was a long up and down rollercoaster ride for us all who followed it from the start but for many of us we watched each day the demon behind the mask being slowly peeled away, the jurors felt that as well.

Last edited:
I listened to Eric Tinsley talking with A. Levy on Law & Crime’s Side Bar (linked Thread #40) when he mentions that he believes Alec was beginning to plan the murders as far back as Dec. 2020? Has anyone read or heard where he elaborated on what evidence he has for that?
I was going to look further into this as well, but just from memory real quick, this was about the time that Alex realized this wouldn't be settled by insurance company payout. Tinsley made it clear he intended to seek his financials because he didn't believe Alex was broke. I believe a court filing happened around this time.. Nov/Dec 2020. It was just before or just after this that Alex and Tinsley ran into each other at a lawyer get together and Alex confronted him about it.. I think it was during his testimony on the stand that Tinsley said this. Alex wanted to know why he wasn't just going through insurance for the $500,000.. Tinsley said he knew Alex made money and shouldn't be broke.. he was pursuing him in court to get disclosure of his financials. I will look for the specifics and report back.

Also, I saw a post from Mark Tinsley.. not sure if it was FB or Instagram or Twitter.. somewhere after the trial was over that said he remembers the moment it hit him why Alex did it.. then he called LE. Gives me chills.... He knew and he knew why.

Last edited:
I was going to look further into this as well, but just from memory real quick, this was about the time that Alex realized this wouldn't be settled by insurance company payout. Tinsley made it clear he intended to seek his financials because he didn't believe Alex was broke. I believe a court filing happened around this time.. Nov/Dec 2020. It was just before or just after this that Alex and Tinsley ran into each other at a lawyer get together and Alex confronted him about it.. I think it was during his testimony on the stand that Tinsley said this. Alex wanted to know why he wasn't just going through insurance for the $500,000.. Tinsley said he knew Alex made money and shouldn't be broke.. he was pursuing him in court to get disclosure of his financials. I will look for the specifics and report back.

Also, I saw a post from Mark Tinsley.. not sure if it was FB or Instagram or Twitter.. somewhere after the trial was over that said he remembers the moment it hit him why Alex did it.. then he called LE. Gives me chills.... He knew and he knew why.
I think you are correct on this — make perfect sense. And I agree it is chilling. So, so sad.

Thanks for your reply!

I don’t think a lot or even a little bit of people really have a clue as to all the moving parts of everything that’s going on, has gone on and will continue to do so. I guess only the one percenters.

I really don’t know how and where to begin..I’ve hesitated to share for many reasons but mostly to protect my identity.

My family is a lot like the M’s except for mine was and is more powerful and has a lot more money. For hundreds of years we have been apart of the local, state and federal governments.

It was great being apart of my family growing up. Essentially when I was blind but as soon as I was able to see, I left. I wanted no parts of their corruption. I am only tied to them via a trust fund and landownership.

Being apart of my family I have seen and heard a lot.

I thought for sure that AM’s trial would’ve ended with a hung jury.

From personal experience I know that there’s more than meets the eye. Unseen players are just as much apart of these (& more) notorious dealings, if not more so, than the ones that are even seen.

I don’t want to say any more than that other than I HOPE & pray that justice is served to each and every single person who has ended up on the short side of the stick.

I CANNOT tolerate doing others wrong, putting money in one’s pockets by the means of deceitfulness and hurting others.
So I live a broke life but I live it with integrity.

Edit to add: Some of these family members have already gotten what was coming to them. I hate to say that it makes me feel better knowing that they did but it does. They deserve all of the awful things that they themselves have sewn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay