SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We’re still waiting on the final transcripts so we can prepare the briefs,” Griffin told Cuomo. “Frankly, we have been working very diligently interviewing jurors and the information that we have unearthed so far has, in my experience as a lawyer, been unprecedented.”

“I don’t want to say any more about that,” Griffin added.
^^rsbbm

IMO, the bit about interviewing the jurors and unprecedented news was just a big clickbait for Jim Griffin's new podcast with Sara Azari (The Presumption, also on YT)-- especially since Griffin has been promoting doing the podcast live from CrimeCon 2023 mid-September. :rolleyes:

A big thank you to those that gave the Cliff notes on the BM documentary. I saw a few previews and quickly decided not watching. Thank you for helping screen it so I could avoid it!

If I am reading reports correctly, and based on some of the allegations on the defense attorney and apparent release of taped jail telephone recordings. And seemed maybe they were originally thought to have been Attorney Client or Privileged or in confidence?

I am not a lawyer, and surely not one in SC….. but wonder if any of those attorney actions might be worthy of analysis by the SC bar or an Office of Disciplinary Counsel for counsel in that state? If so maybe they will be reported for consideration.
MOO

8/31/23

(NewsNation) — The attorney representing convicted murderer Alex Murdaugh doesn’t believe he violated prison policies when he released a recorded phone call with his client to the media but says he has “no complaints” about the punishment his client received.

Murdaugh lost his phone privileges Wednesday after South Carolina Department of Corrections officials determined he violated prison policy when his attorney, Jim Griffin, recorded him reading his journal entries on a call for a documentary about his case.

Prison policy prohibits inmates from talking to the media without permission.

“We knew about the policy, we looked at the policy, we don’t think what we did, I did, violated the policy because it wasn’t an interview with the media,” Griffin said Thursday on “CUOMO” in explaining the decision to record the phone call.

The journals were made during the trial. Griffin and Murdaugh wanted to provide some excerpts to the team filming the documentary, which aired Thursday on Fox Nation.

“There were two options: turn over the entire journals or give excerpts, and how do you provide excerpts?” Griffin said. “Did it violate the policy? I don’t think so, but I’m not here to argue with the Department of Corrections. … There are bigger fish to fry.”
There you have it.

We knew the rule. We decided it didn't apply to us.

It's CHRONIC with these people.

Jmo

A big thank you to those that gave the Cliff notes on the BM documentary. I saw a few previews and quickly decided not watching. Thank you for helping screen it so I could avoid it!

If I am reading reports correctly, and based on some of the allegations on the defense attorney and apparent release of taped jail telephone recordings. And seemed maybe they were originally thought to have been Attorney Client or Privileged or in confidence?

I am not a lawyer, and surely not one in SC….. but wonder if any of those attorney actions might be worthy of analysis by the SC bar or an Office of Disciplinary Counsel for counsel in that state? If so maybe they will be reported for consideration.
MOO

The SC Office of Disciplinary Counsel is a joke. For example, Judge Carmen Mullen, who signed off on unorthodox filings in the Satterfield case, has had many complaints lodged against her....and nothing has happened.

[…]

In an appearancewith News Nation’s Chris Cuomo on August 31, 2023, Murdaugh attorney Jim Griffin indicated Murdaugh’s legal team had been busy interviewing the jurors who served during the lengthy trial.

“We’re still waiting on the final transcripts so we can prepare the briefs,” Griffin told Cuomo. “Frankly, we have been working very diligently interviewing jurors and the information that we have unearthed so far has, in my experience as a lawyer, been unprecedented.”

“I don’t want to say any more about that,” Griffin added.

Pressed by Cuomo for more details, Griffin responded, “I promise you, you’ll be hearing a lot more about it in the very near future. There (are) serious questions as to whether this jury was subjected to outside influences during the case.”

[…]

'Murdaugh Murders' Appeal Update: Defense Dropping Big Hints - FITSNews

View attachment 444229
great... an unethical journalist interviewing an unethical attorney.

IDK, but it sounds like Jim Griffin could maybe trying to distract from the situation he has gotten himself in with Alex and that phone call/ interview. He said he didn’t want to say anymore … but he did. Now they have scheduled a press conference for this Tuesday.
moo

O/T We were in SC last week and drove by Palmetto State Bank.
last night, i tried googling to see if palmetto state bank was fairing poorly now- but could find no info.

last night, i tried googling to see if palmetto state bank was fairing poorly now- but could find no info.

Palmetto State Bank is headquartered in HAMPTON and is the 20th largest bank in the state of South Carolina. It is also the 1,459th largest bank in the nation. It was established in 1907 and as of March of 2023, it had grown to 76 employees at 8 locations. Palmetto State Bank has a B+ health rating.

Raise your hand if you think Alec isn't trying to borrow other people's phone and tablet privileges, even as we speak.

Additionally, if there was any attempts to tamper with, mislead, manipulate the jury in his trial, I think it's pretty obvious what side that was on. Hello, staging the crime scene for the jury visit.

jmo

I’m surprised that they would have somebody so close to getting out in a place with people doing life but that was the case when Denver Simmons killed some fellow inmates at Kirkland prison. He and another lifer went on a kill spree and as I recall one or two of their victims didn’t have long to serve.

I’m not surprised that AM is using his money and law degree to gain favors.

RICHARD ALEXANDER MURDAUGH​

Custody Record
Age55
GenderMale
RaceWhite

DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS SANCTIONS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM PRIOR TO JANUARY 2009

DATE/ DESCRIPTION

08/15/2023 ABUSE OF PRIVILEGES LOSS OF TELEPHONE PRIVILEGES FOR 30 DAYS
08/09/2023 UNAUTHORIZED USE OF AN I/M'S PIN LOSS OF CANTEEN PRIVILEGES FOR 30 DAYS LOSS OF TELEPHONE PRIVILEGES FOR 30 DAYS EARNED

WORK CREDITS/ JOB DESCRIPTION/ START DATE/ END DATE/ TERMINATION REASON/ JOB LEVEL

WARDKEEPER ASSISTANT 08/20/2023 7F5
WARDKEEPER ASSISTANT 08/02/2023 08/19/2023 CUSTODY REVIEW 7F5

Appears that AM also lost his 'Warden's pet/assistant' job after his latest incident. I'm sure the 'talker' will get that restored sooner rather than later! JMO

I’m surprised that they would have somebody so close to getting out in a place with people doing life but that was the case when Denver Simmons killed some fellow inmates at Kirkland prison. He and another lifer went on a kill spree and as I recall one or two of their victims didn’t have long to serve.

I’m not surprised that AM is using his money and law degree to gain favors.
I just read about Simmons and Philip and I'm perplexed about these reports of inmates doing laundry for treats. This was reported in AM's case too. What kind of laundry is there to do in prison?

It has been reported that the pair offered Scruggs cookies in exchange for doing some laundry and Ham was offered some crushed pills to snort... The suicidal prisoner even said that they had nothing against the murdered men, one was even a friend.

I just read about Simmons and Philip and I'm perplexed about these reports of inmates doing laundry for treats. This was reported in AM's case too. What kind of laundry is there to do in prison?

It has been reported that the pair offered Scruggs cookies in exchange for doing some laundry and Ham was offered some crushed pills to snort... The suicidal prisoner even said that they had nothing against the murdered men, one was even a friend.

Simmons and Philip are great examples of why we need places like Kirkland. The crimes they were in for were just brutal. Simmons killed a relative of his girlfriend and her teen son because she didn’t like him stealing from her. Philip killed his girlfriend and her young child. They wanted the DP but they got more life sentences instead which was fine imo.

Palmetto State Bank is headquartered in HAMPTON and is the 20th largest bank in the state of South Carolina. It is also the 1,459th largest bank in the nation. It was established in 1907 and as of March of 2023, it had grown to 76 employees at 8 locations. Palmetto State Bank has a B+ health rating.

Clicking on that link shows that even though Palmetto's overall health is rated a B+, its deposit growth is rated as F.

In the past year, Palmetto State Bank has decreased its total non-brokered deposits by -$79.18 million, resulting in -13.1% growth for the year. A strong track record of growth is an indicator of consumer confidence and the bank's ability to strengthen its balance sheet. The growth Palmetto State Bank has shown is poor.

It looks like customers may be passing judgement with their feet.

AM's defense filed their notice of appeal timely (within 10 days after the verdict), but Court records indicate they are still waiting on the transcript to prepare their brief for the Court-- citing the reasons and/or errors of law why the verdict should be vacated or reversed.

Knowing that their allegations for appeal are weak (harmless errors), I wonder if they've long been planning to spring this "new evidence" event. As a rule, the appeals courts do not usually consider new witnesses or new evidence.

American Bar--Appeal Procedure

Court / Appellate Case #/ Short Title/ Status/ Participant/ Role

Court of Appeals
#2023-000392
The State v Richard A. Murdaugh
Awaiting Transcript
Richard Alexander Murdaugh
Appellant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics