SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The total years for all the negotiated sentences was over 100 years, but the plea deal says he will serve only 27 years. AM agrees to file no motions and appeals going forward.
These are the charges from the SC grand jury. Charges from the different counties are not included.
He will be sentenced on Nov 28th.

Where did all the money go? You can only snort so much cocaine and pop so many pills. It didn't seem he was living some insanely opulent life style.
I agree that the money didn't go entirely.to drugs - but I contend it WAS primarily lifestyle. A massive hunting property, the beach house, boat, law school and all associated living expenses for Buster, multiple high-end vehicles, travel via private jet and on and on and on.

27 years for that? Wow…… with 100 possible? I think I agree with pleas for a ‘thumbs down’ emoji on this forum.

And as others posited, revealing where all the money went and is should be part of any deal. Sort of like a convicted killer leading investigators to the body (or bodies) of their victims.

Makes one wonder if that disclosure is not part of the agreement, might some not want others to know where it is or all went?
MOO

I’m really not sure what the State gets from this deal.
They don’t have to pay for a trial, but most of the money has been already spent in researching, investigating and preparing for the trial.
AM promises to file no motions or appeals. Yea, right. Harpootlian will do it anyway.
The State had all the ammunition. They were not going to lose the trial, so basically they only got a promise not to appeal. Twenty seven years is a long time and AM will be pretty old, but he’s already in for life. It just doesn’t sound comparable to me.
Why not tell AM “ Admit that you killed your wife and son and we’ll talk about a plea deal on the financial charges”.

@TheEricBland

On behalf of the financial victims of Alex Murdaugh, whom we represent, we are sincerely appreciative of the dogged determination of Alan Wilson and Creighton waters in their pursuit of justice. Alex Murdaugh’s guilty plea will finally allow his financial victims to begin the process of healing and it will free the state up to refocus its time, attention and resources toward the preservation of the murder convictions, the Labor Day, shooting charges, and any other drug conspiracy charges that may come down the pike. Justice is rarely pretty or perfect, but there should be no confusion that justice was served in this case. I have no doubt that at Alex Murdaugh will never get a fresh breath of air outside of state prison, and if he lives long enough federal prison before he dies, and he deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars. EB

2:10 PM · Nov 17, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member