SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Judge Newman decided he doesn’t want the aggravation! It’s now up in the air whether defense might get their new trial after all. I’ll admit I’ve had problems with the prosecution and I think there was too much prejudice introduced via the financial crimes. But the jury has spoken and I think it’s bad for the Justice system for defense tactics to be rewarded in this way! This seems to be a confluence of an unprofessional clerk, a couple wayward jurors who didn’t even deliberate, and a defense team that desperately resents the trial judge and blames him for the outcome.

I think this is all about getting rid of Judge Newman and getting a do-over. JMO

View attachment 461441View attachment 461442

This makes me sad because I admire, respect, and totally trust Judge Newman so much, but thinking he’s probably made the right choice just so P&J can’t malign him anymore or twist something he said to support their maneuvering for AM.

OT: just noticed using their initials together is almost a PBJ, which is about what I think of them :rolleyes:

OMO.

Last edited:
Thread to Satterfield case at WS for anyone who is interested:

WATCH LIVE: Murdaugh Financial Crimes — SC v. Alex Murdaugh — Satterfield Case​

Copy: The man convicted of murdering his wife and son is set to appear in court Friday to face charges for his alleged financial crimes. Alex Murdaugh stands accused of bilking the family of his former housekeeper out of millions of dollars after her death. The disgraced lawyer even admitted to stealing the Satterfield settlement funds during his testimony in his double murder trial.

This makes me sad because I admire, respect, and totally trust Judge Newman so much, but thinking he’s probably made the right choice just so P&J can’t malign him anymore or twist something he said to support their maneuvering for AM.

OT: just noticed using their initials together is almost a PBJ, which is about what I think of them :rolleyes:

OMO.
BBM: I laughed out loud on that one and it hurts to laugh. I have the flu.

@TheEricBland

Word from Beaufort this morning is that the state and Team Murdaugh are engaged in intense plea negotiations not just for the Satterfield criminal financial fraud case but all pending financial crime cases. If agreements are reached and that is a big iF then on state level it will leave the murder cases and the road side Labor Day shooting criminal charges. I would assume there will be no new charges on any past financial misconduct. EB

12:05 PM · Nov 17, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member