SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I understand correctly: egg lady juror and her tenant were both on the jury together until egg lady was dismissed?
It’s very confusing to me. All I can find so far is that the person who sent an email to the Court raising concerns said they heard something from a coworker and the coworker has a landlord who was a juror.

page 10

13050E55-48C3-4F71-B5A6-19C3A02B4BA4.jpeg

Nov 2021 jail calls by AM are out and more of the same: me, me, me, and uses all his family to manipulate his only surviving son.

AM's obsessed with flowers on the graves -- appearances are important.

He's leaning on BM to start contacting Paul's friends!

I don't doubt AM is doing fine in prison-- he's got the talk and the walk.

And don't let him start bragging about his exercise routine. :rolleyes:

ETA: These calls are during the period when AM is in jail for $$$theft and not yet indicted for murder.

Last edited:
Nov 2021 jail calls by AM are out and more of the same: me, me, me, and uses all his family to manipulate his only surviving son.

AM's obsessed with flowers on the graves -- appearances are important.

He's leaning on BM to start contacting Paul's friends!

I don't doubt AM is doing fine in prison-- he's got the talk and the walk.

And don't let him start bragging about his exercise routine. :rolleyes:

ETA: These calls are during the period when AM is in jail for $$$theft and not yet indicted for murder.
Thank you for pointing out that prison isn't a "hell hole." Prisoners are actually treated very humanely. AM is trying to exploit it.

AM will rot because he requires positive attention.

JMO

The whole reason defense fabricated the Facebook-Hill plot to oust egg juror is so they can ask for Judge Newman to recuse himself! It’s a totally desperate move and the state’s motion makes clear what a scam their allegations are about the Facebook posts.

I also find it curious how quickly egg juror lawyered up after the verdict was read and how her atty also started representing 2 of the other jurors so quickly. Why in the heck did these jurors need legal representation at that point?

As for Becky Hill, I think she was too familiar with jurors and lacks professional boundaries. At the very least, it does sound like she told jurors to watch his body language. That may be the smoke that indicates there’s a fire. Im glad she’s come out and said her piece though. We’ll see what the judge does.

Edited to add : Also note how the state’s reply doesn’t say she never discussed anything about the case in her one on one convos. They qualify it: “she didn’t discuss the evidence or substance of the case.”

JMO

Last edited:
I don't think AM will be receiving a new trial. Long shot Hail Mary by the bumbling Defense Duo. JG has really taken a hit on his conduct during and after the trial. Remember, during some of the taped jailhouse phone calls, AM suggested to BM to take JG out to Moselle to 'hunt'.

I find that an extremely odd request. o_O

MOO

I don't think AM will be receiving a new trial. Long shot Hail Mary by the bumbling Defense Duo. JG has really taken a hit on his conduct during and after the trial. Remember, during some of the taped jailhouse phone calls, AM suggested to BM to take JG out to Moselle to 'hunt'.

I find that an extremely odd request. o_O

MOO
Yep. The way I recall that phone call was AM kept telling his son that “ the feeders are full “ and didn’t he want to go out there and hunt doves.

BM said no and it sounded to me like BM was a bit disgusted with the idea of hunting on that property ( Moselle) where his Mom and younger brother were found shot dead.

Then AM asked BM “ do you mind if I let Jim do it ? “
BM asked “ Jim who ? “

So even he thought it was odd.

jmo

He doesn’t need to find an impartial jury. He needs to plead guilty just like he did the federal charges. He’s already admitted to the crimes so he really does not expect that he won’t be convicted on these state charges at a trial regardless of when it is held. I think there are two reasons he doesn’t just plead guilty to these state charges. 1) He thinks he will either get a new trial or have the murder conviction overturned on appeal and he wants to go to federal prison instead of state and 2) He’s afraid the SC Supreme Court will not stop Judge Newman from hearing the state financial case and he doesn’t want to face him again for anything so he doesn’t want that trial to start until Newman is forced to retire.

3CF7DC50-B946-4780-B539-6C5501A8461B.jpeg
[…]

Defense attorney Dick Harpootlian filed a motion on Thursday, November 9, asking presiding Judge Clifton Newman for a change of venue or delay of proceedings ahead of a scheduled November 27 trial date on fraud and money laundering charges in the case of Murdaugh's deceased former housekeeper and family caregiver Gloria Satterfield, from whom he conspired to steal $4.3 million in wrongful death and survivorship settlements.

Murdaugh's lawyers now want the upcoming Satterfield trial moved not only out of Beaufort County, but entirely out of the Lowcountry to another part of the state. Alternatively, Murdaugh's team has asked that the trial be delayed at least four months until March in hopes that a full year passing after Murdaugh's infamous 2023 murder trial might further dampen media attention and public interest.

[…]

Some jurors whose responses the defense sampled admitted they could not be impartial if called to serve on a jury for Murdaugh, according to a redacted compilation of comments from 147 of 167 juror questionnaires Harpootlian provided. Most also admit to having followed media coverage of the Murdaugh saga through traditional news reports, podcasts, movies and documentaries.

Harpootlian argues this is likely to be the case statewide, saying "(t)here are perhaps counties located in the Upstate whose citizens have not followed the coverage ... as closely as the citizens in the Lowcountry; however, this is very doubtful in the present media climate."
[…]

Murdaugh says fair jury impossible in Lowcountry, wants Satterfield fraud trial moved or delayed

Last edited:
He doesn’t need to find an impartial jury. He needs to plead guilty just like he did the federal charges. He’s already admitted to the crimes so he really does not expect that he won’t be convicted on these state charges at a trial regardless of when it is held. I think there are two reasons he doesn’t just plead guilty to these state charges. 1) He thinks he will either get a new trial or have the murder conviction overturned on appeal and he wants to go to federal prison instead of state and 2) He’s afraid the SC Supreme Court will not stop Judge Newman from hearing the state financial case and he doesn’t want to face gunhim again for anything so he doesn’t want that trial to start until Newman is forced to retire.
This is an old issue but I just can’t understand why Dick wasn’t cited or seriously reprimanded for pointing a long gun at the AG‘s team during Alec’s murder trial. OMO.

My USMC husband has always instructed me that gun safety rule No.1 is “Do not point a firearm (loaded or unloaded) at any person or object you do not intend to destroy. Safety lock and/or unloaded, Dick’s actions were an egregious. OMO.

I guess I have been thinking about this as DH /defense comes off as so holier-than-thou. IMHO. They just infuriate me.

SLED's gun safety rules for a South Carolina CWP
1. Treat all firearms as if they are ALWAYS loaded.
2. Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always keep your finger outside the trigger guard until the firearm is pointed at the target and you have made the conscious decision to fire.
4. Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

9A181225-23E4-43F2-84B6-25DB4BC052A3.jpeg

Beaufort County hearing scheduled Friday in Alex Murdaugh SC financial crimes case​

A hearing has been scheduled for Friday morning to hear pending matters in an upcoming financial crimes trial involving disbarred lawyer and confessed fraudster Richard "Alex" Murdaugh.

The South Carolina Attorney General's Office confirmed today that a 10 a.m. hearing is set in Beaufort County before Judge Clifton Newman.

The purpose of the hearing is "to discuss juror issues in the upcoming financial crimes trial, but other motions might be discussed," said SCAG spokesperson Robert Kittle.
[…]

This is an old issue but I just can’t understand why Dick wasn’t cited or seriously reprimanded for pointing a long gun at the AG‘s team during Alec’s murder trial. OMO.

My USMC husband has always instructed me that gun safety rule No.1 is “Do not point a firearm (loaded or unloaded) at any person or object you do not intend to destroy. Safety lock and/or unloaded, Dick’s actions were an egregious. OMO.

I guess I have been thinking about this as DH /defense comes off as so holier-than-thou. IMHO. They just infuriate me.

SLED's gun safety rules for a South Carolina CWP
1. Treat all firearms as if they are ALWAYS loaded.
2. Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always keep your finger outside the trigger guard until the firearm is pointed at the target and you have made the conscious decision to fire.
4. Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

In the state's response to the motion for new trial, they said one of the jurors told them that incident bothered them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanKlein