SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I don't think 10 years is enough, but I didn't think Lafitte's sentence was long enough either. AM was allowed to conduct his reprehensible behavior because of his 'good ole' boys' in high places and it had been going on a long time.

Who knows, maybe Maggie and Paul would be alive today if all of these enablers hadn't helped AM along the way? I hope they have asked themselves that question.

JMO
440F2214-33A9-4B16-B9EE-542F52EE943A.jpeg

I have so much respect for Judge Newman. Off and on I saw parts of the proceedings today — he is wise and strong but a total gentleman.

That said, what a sad, sad situation for all these characters. No one will ever be whole. So much wasted potential. So much mental anguish. So many resources abused and wasted. And it won’t be over for years with all the bickering and posturing among the attorneys (I don’t mean Waters and co).

I’ve just about reached my saturation point except I need to hang in there for BH. I can’t abandon you all on this thread until I learn the truth there but will be trying to avoid a certain defense team who make me sick to my stomach with all their manipulations, exaggerations, and untruths. :mad: OMHO.

That little exchange between Harpootlian and the judge today was quite interesting. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but here’s what I heard:

Judge: Oh so you’ve decided when I should retire?
Harpootlian: I really don’t see the point of you scheduling this case this year since you’re going to retire. And we don’t want you on this case since clearly you’re biased against our client.
Judge: We have many counties from which to pull jurors we won’t need to go to Mars.
Harpootlian: Oh you think you’re funny? See you’re clearly biased bc you’re not taking this seriously!
Judge: I’m not playing games with you. There’s no prejudice until we talk to jury panels and find prejudice. That’s what the law says. And clearly you didn’t think there was prejudice cause you didn’t ask for a change of venue for the murder trial.
Harpootlian: Well we now know your clerk is out here prejudicing jurors. We don’t want your court to try this case!
Judge: We’ll see about that little stunt you pulled. But in the meantime I’ll be telling you what we’re going to do!

Defense does not want Judge Neuman on any of their cases! More and more I’m thinking this was all a stunt to recuse the judge and redo the trial! They desperately don’t want the judge to do the hearing either. But if Judge Neuman does the hearing there will be no retrial!! Ha! No way!

JMO

Last edited:
I'm angered.

His position in the community allowed this fraud to occur. His friends and family should be angry at HIM for betraying them. Abused his position in the community and his law degree.

I am not moved.

That he was beloved and spoilt it makes it IMO worse.

While he was being so helpful to friends and family, he was helping AM destroy other families.

His friends and family can visit him in prison for a good long time.

JMO
I had the exact same thought about Cory Fleming while his attorney was speaking - I’m actually only just now watching it as i had to work today and didn’t see it then. But every time she says what he did for another client or in his community and such, I think, sure he was getting money for work he never did by stealing from other clients so he could take time to do pro bono work or be a big shot in the community because he didn’t have to spend 50 or 60 hours a week working like honest people. And while he was doing his pro bono work the Satterfields were being evicted and he did nothing to help them while he spent their money!

There was a time that I thought he had been duped by AM and felt sorry for him but then more info came out and it was clear that he was a willing participant and I lost the ability to feel bad for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harpootlian is so disrespectful. Your client is a convicted family murderer and a con man who preyed on injured and vulnerable people. He is the lowest of the low and Harpootlian has the nerve to say he’s OFFENDED by having to go to trial!? He is so condescending. Griffin at least has the decency not to have that kinda attitude. Apparently, Griffin has also started a podcast. And Harpootlian is a politician. So we know he luuuuuuuves the camera too. What is he talking about? He acts like he’s fighting for Mother Teresa.

Just another day in the life of Dick and Jim. moo

I think it’s time that some agency with authority, other than just the media who has tried to get answers, investigate how Alex Murdaugh is continuing to pay his high priced lawyers for all these different civil and criminal, legal matters, trials, and endless appeals. Alex through his lawyers has routinely said in court that he has no money. Yet Yesterday team Murdaugh filed what we consider to be a frivolous appeal of Judge Price’s denial of Murdaugh’s request to vacate the $4.3 million confession of judgment he gave to the Satterfields after five months of negotiations with his lawyers. Certainly Dick and Jim have shown They are totally dedicated to Alex Murdaugh but but I have not heard them say they are representing Alex Murdaugh pro bono/free. Maybe Alex Murdaugh is having a third-party pay for some or all of his legal fees and the Associated Transcript and appeal costs. Including any investigators for the upcoming trials. It’s time for someone to sink their teeth into this. EB

State says defense needs to file an affidavit that shows, "he did not know of the existence of such evidence at the time of the trial and that he used due diligence to discovery such evidence, or that he could not have discovered it by the exercise of due diligence."

I figured that statement was going to bite him in the butt. How great would it be if they could investigate this guy. I'd love seeing him dressed like Murdaugh.
Probly in a senior moment I am not catching on to your statement. What guy needs investigating, I'm sure I'll agree ~TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces