SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3) There is no way he spent all that money on an addiction to pain pills or even a significant portion of it.

I’m not really sure what the total amount of funds he took was and I can’t fathom spending all the money he made from the law firm let alone all that he stole but if there’s any of it hidden away, it would surprise me.
I hear you -- mostly wondering how defense counsel are getting paid.

Sibs aside, who else might be invested in AM's defense?

What is interesting to me about this is that the last two or three weeks of the trial, I think BH’s, CN’s, and some key court email addresses were being blocked — at least the email addresses shown on the Colleton County Court website for the public facing staff.

I attempted to email a couple of them and my emails wouldn’t go through. At that time I assumed the Judge and court employees were being flooded with non-essential emails and either the portal didnt have the band width to handle the traffic or the emails from general public/unknown addresses were being blocked.

I just watched the new Netflix episode.
WHY would the clerk of the court speak her personal opinion on a documentary ? Or..Write a book? On this case or any case?
She was embedded. She traveled to Moselle with that jury. She assisted the judge. She read the verdict. Why did she not remain quiet, respectful,keep her opinions to herself, zip it?
Wow. He may get a new trial because of her.

Jmo

I didn’t see anything in the Netflix thing that she said that caused me any raised eyebrows. Basically she talked about the trial in a very general way & mostly things that have already been public. Full disclosure—I haven’t and most likely will not read her book. If he gets a new trial, it will be based on if she actually tampered with the jury, not because she has an opinion, although I agree that writing the book was a dumb idea. I really hope the things alleged about her are not true. He deserves to rot in jail.

Well I do think the trust fund is a possibility…but I also wonder about his drug connections…again speculation and rumor - but some have said that he was more involved in the drugs than just abusing them. If he was involved in financing his dealers they could be paying for some of his defense too.

Buster would the most obvious person aside from Alex's siblings. He inherited about a half million from Maggie's estate and there may have been other money that went to him following his grandfather's' death.

I didn’t see anything in the Netflix thing that she said that caused me any raised eyebrows. Basically she talked about the trial in a very general way & mostly things that have already been public. Full disclosure—I haven’t and most likely will not read her book. If he gets a new trial, it will be based on if she actually tampered with the jury, not because she has an opinion, although I agree that writing the book was a dumb idea. I really hope the things alleged about her are not true. He deserves to rot in jail.
I guess I should have said more on my post.
IMO if two jurors (not just one) have allegedly come forward saying she tried to influence (my word) them… I was hoping watching & listening to her on the series would prove AM defense is bluffing, reaching at best. I personally am shocked such a person entrusted as a helper to the judge, over-seeing the jury, a worker of the court representing unbiased continual professional justice would do a book & Netflix now. Especially as appeals are still in the works.
The trial was beyond emotionally exhausting for most involved according to the Netflix series.
One juror said there was a hold out on the first vote. So it was not such a slam dunk.
Plus everyone is now saying he must of had help. The hold out juror said she did not think he did it - as she did not believe he could kill his own family.
I don’t trust AM. I can see him floating a new story that the cousin shot them.
It’s just a shame the court clerk let all this
-fly- because defense is going to demand a new trial.
All JMO

How very 'generous' of AM: gagging

<snipped & BBM>

Convicted double murderer Alex Murdaugh pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges on Thursday, saying he wants his son—the one he didn’t kill—to see him “take responsibility.”

Murdaugh’s courtroom confession came with tears.

“I want to take responsibility. I want my son to see me take responsibility,” said Murdaugh, clad in an orange jumpsuit, according to the Associated Press. “It’s my hope that by taking responsibility, the people I’ve hurt can begin to heal.”

Murdaugh has not taken responsibility in the murder case; despite his conviction, he continues to insist that he did not kill his wife and his other son to distract from a mountain of financial crimes.

Murdaugh Says He Is Copping Plea for Son He Didn’t Kill

I guess I should have said more on my post.
IMO if two jurors (not just one) have allegedly come forward saying she tried to influence (my word) them… I was hoping watching & listening to her on the series would prove AM defense is bluffing, reaching at best. I personally am shocked such a person entrusted as a helper to the judge, over-seeing the jury, a worker of the court representing unbiased continual professional justice would do a book & Netflix now. Especially as appeals are still in the works.
The trial was beyond emotionally exhausting for most involved according to the Netflix series.
One juror said there was a hold out on the first vote. So it was not such a slam dunk.
Plus everyone is now saying he must of had help. The hold out juror said she did not think he did it - as she did not believe he could kill his own family.
I don’t trust AM. I can see him floating a new story that the cousin shot them.
It’s just a shame the court clerk let all this
-fly- because defense is going to demand a new trial.
All JMO
The Defense can certainly demand a new trial, but that doesn't mean they'll get one. The info (including the video above linked by Gardenista) shows me just how much the Defense is reaching here.

I wish BH had not written the book, she should have saved it for a much later date. She certainly did help cause this whole investigation and assertion by the Defense, but they were going to come up with some crazy appeal issue anyway IMO.

JMO

How very 'generous' of AM: gagging

<snipped & BBM>

Convicted double murderer Alex Murdaugh pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges on Thursday, saying he wants his son—the one he didn’t kill—to see him “take responsibility.”

Murdaugh’s courtroom confession came with tears.

“I want to take responsibility. I want my son to see me take responsibility,” said Murdaugh, clad in an orange jumpsuit, according to the Associated Press. “It’s my hope that by taking responsibility, the people I’ve hurt can begin to heal.”

Murdaugh has not taken responsibility in the murder case; despite his conviction, he continues to insist that he did not kill his wife and his other son to distract from a mountain of financial crimes.

Murdaugh Says He Is Copping Plea for Son He Didn’t Kill
He found a new way to manipulate.

Plead guilty to the lesser crime.

Gas, meet light.

I just watched the new Netflix episode.
WHY would the clerk of the court speak her personal opinion on a documentary ? Or..Write a book? On this case or any case?
She was embedded. She traveled to Moselle with that jury. She assisted the judge. She read the verdict. Why did she not remain quiet, respectful,keep her opinions to herself, zip it?
Wow. He may get a new trial because of her.

Jmo
Pending appeal, I think the same questions can be asked of the SC Attorney General and lead prosecutor who also appear in the latest Netflix series! Nonetheless, I don't think it appropriate for a sitting Clerk of the Court to write a book so soon after the verdict about a case she was active on. This definitely could have waited until retirement. But I also think the allegations are a far cry from jury tampering.

From part 2 of the Netflix series, the only new (to me) info came from Dr. Kenny Kensey who offered that the State offered to clean up the crime scene at the kennels-- as is standard practice, and that Murdaugh's declined the offer. In other words, there was no reason for AM's brother JM to clean up the mess AM left behind.

Court is adjourned. Murdaugh's guilty plea is official. The most noteworthy new information from the hearing: Federal prosecutor Emily Limehouse says while Murdaugh admits to nearly $9 million in fraud proceeds, the govt. believes it's actually over $10.5 million.

Alex Murdaugh's lawyers have responded to the AG's office re: the request for a hearing on alleged jury tampering. Basically they say the AG's filing Friday was a "mulish," "bad faith" delay tactic, but they've provided the requested affidavit from Murdaugh himself nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces