Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he was back in the same area 24 hours later, early this moring with the acquaintance in the car?

Did he live there? Did regularly cruise that area? Why did he hang there? Were there previous kidnap or assault attempts.

Interesting that he obviously keeps this black impala in perfect condition (all polished up in his FB photo) but now he's got blood and bleach in the car & a "large amount of blood " in the trunk and probably lots of red dirt on the sides and in the tires and wheel-wells.

Nathaniel Rowland Arrested in Death of Samantha Josephson | Heavy.com

Nathaniel David Rowland has been arrested in relation to the murder of Samantha Josephson in Columbia, South Carolina, on March 29. He was driving a black Chevy Impala. Columbia Police Chief Skip Holbrook said that Josephson’s blood was found in the Impala as well as her cell phone.

Chief Skip Holbrook told the media on March 30 Josephson’s body was found at 3:45 a.m. in a wooded area in Claredon County, South Carolina. The investigation is being considered a homicide investigation. The chief said that Josephson’s body was discovered in a “very rural” part of Claredon County by hunters.

Rowland had the child safety locks on the back of the car, making escape from the car impossible.
Do they make anything small that could fit on a key ring which could break a window? I have a window breaking hammer in my car, but now I see a need for one on my key ring or in my purse.

When someone pointed out that the interior light didn’t illuminate when the car door was opened, my brain immediately wondered if the back doors had child locks on them. (Premeditation x 2) Otherwise, wouldn’t Samantha have quickly realized it was the wrong car & opened the door to jump out? She couldn’t...he trapped her. I can’t imagine her terror.
What a horrible monster. And, with a child seat in the backseat - so, he is a FATHER? And, he kidnapped & did who knows what to an innocent woman, who he trapped right next to his (assuming) child’s carseat. I can’t even.

24-year-old man charged with kidnapping, murder of UofSC student Samantha Josephson
Police say Josephson’s body was found by two turkey hunters in a wooded area in Clarendon County on Friday afternoon near Black Bottom Road in New Zion. The suspect was previously lived in that area and hunters say the secluded spot where she was found is only known to those who are familiar in that area.

Rowland was stopped by Columbia police at 3 a.m. Saturday with an “alert” K-9 officer in a traffic stop in the black Chevy Impala two blocks from the Five Points area. When he’s asked to step out of the car, police say Rowland fled on foot and later arrested.

Police then observed the appearance of blood in the car. The State Law Enforcement Division was called to process the scene. A search warrant later uncovered blood, Josephson’s cellphone, bleach, wipes, and window cleaner, Holbrook said.

Police also said that there was a child safety seat in the back of the car and the child safety locks were enabled, so no one could be able to escape.

In the video of Samantha getting into the Uber, it looks to me like the woman everybody is seeing is just Samantha’s face briefly lit up. I can’t really see where anybody is seeing somebody different, in the CCTV footage I’ve seen at least but that may just be my bad vision.

There’s a huge contrast in the smug, arrogant and self assured vibe you get from a brief read on this guy’s Facebook page, against his mugshot photo I’m glad to see. This piece of scum swept in, picked up this woman under false pretences and either was so appalled that she rejected his advances that he killed her, or just plain intended to kill her the whole time. Just sheer evil. It’s easy to imagine him driving around trying to pick up women.

I wonder how long that Facebook page will stay up for. He has his status updates left public, so it’s open batting season on there right now.

All my opinion of course.

Man charged with murder, kidnapping of USC student Samantha Josephson
[...]

Friends of Josephson filed a missing persons report for her around 1:30 p.m. Friday after she could not be contacted and did not return to The Hub, an apartment complex on Main Street where she lived with friends.

Columbia police responded to The Hub and began an investigation.

Just before 4 p.m. Friday, Clarendon County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a body found in a rural area. That was around the same time Columbia police publicized Josephson was missing and details of a related vehicle.

SLED responded to process the scene in Clarendon and help the investigation in Columbia.

Around 3 a.m. Saturday, a Columbia canine officer found a black Chevy Impala two blocks from the Five Points area and made a routine traffic stop. When the officer asked the driver to step out of the vehicle, the driver fled on foot. The officer took the driver into custody after a foot chase and returned to the vehicle, where blood was discovered.

[...]

Gov. Henry McMaster on Twitter
Peggy and I are devastated and crushed over the Josephson family losing their beautiful daughter Samantha. She was one of the brightest young stars at @uofsc. (1/2)
I ask every South Carolinian to join us in praying for the Josephson family. Let us also pray for the men and women of law enforcement as they fight to bring evil to justice. (2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67