Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it look like two people in the car?
From cass523's link.. includes video of car.
NJ woman found dead in South Carolina, possibly after getting into wrong car
6e10c517-397d-4766-abc9-67c5b55c0b6c-samantha3.jpg

Samantha Josephson, a 21-year-old University of South Carolina student from Robbinsville, was last seen getting into this vehicle early Friday, March 29, 2019 in a restaurant district near the university. (Photo: Columbia Police Department)

Last edited:
Your story does make me understand how this can happen Especially when drinking. Seriously, I am so glad you’re okay. That is truly scary.
I didn’t want to to comment that perhaps she had been drinking and easily mistook the car for her Uber. Likely she was though. But then,wouldn’t that mean the driver would have canceled her real Uber? Or else tricked her into it first before she realized it.

Missing USC student Samantha Josephson has died, father and school president confirm
Josephson’s father, SJ, spoke about his daughter’s death publicly via a Facebook post early Saturday morning.

“It is with tremendous sadness and of a broken heart that I post this!” Josephson wrote. “I will miss and love my baby girl for the rest of life. Samantha is no longer with us but she will not be forgotten. It is extremely hard to write this and post it but I love her with all my heart. I could continue to write about her but it kills me. I sit here and cry while looking at the picture and write this.”

Samantha Josephson Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
d26ecoduwae1brk.jpg

Samantha was due to go to law school at Drexel University in Philadelphia. Samantha’s sister, SJ, is a student at Drexel. Samantha’s mother said in a December 2018 Facebook post that her daughter had been accepted into Rutgers Law School. In early 2018, Samantha spent a semester studying in Barcelona.

On Twitter, one of Samantha’s lecturers at USC, @DanielaJlop, said that she taught the victim for two semesters and added that Samantha had wanted to become a lawyer and then go on to work for the United Nations.

I didn’t want to to comment that perhaps she had been drinking and easily mistook the car for her Uber. Likely she was though. But then,wouldn’t that mean the driver would have canceled her real Uber? Or else tricked her into it first before she realized it.

Her real Uber showed up a few minutes later, waited the allotted time then cancelled the ride and left since she wasn’t there.

The car pulled into the handicapped parking space and she immediately moved towards it, how would the driver know that she was going to do that? Makes me wonder if the car had a UBER sticker on it and was posing as a driver.

Last edited:
The car pulled into the handicapped parking space and she immediately moved towards it, how would the driver know that she was going to do that? Makes me wonder if the car had a UBER sticker on it and was posing as a driver.

Yeah, that part threw me off as well. It was so bang bang, it almost looked like it was a ride/vehicle she expected. Looked like she just walked up and got in the car without anything being spoken between her and the car's occupant(s)

Yeah and no shame in going out drinking and taking an Uber home. That’s the responsible thing to do. But it could make you less likely to pay attention to details I guess.

Yes it’s weird b/c she takes a super quick look before she gets in and seems reassured that this is her car. It’s really fast but she looks pretty confident so I wonder if he beckoned to her or if there was a sticker.

'She will not be forgotten' Outpouring of emotion to USC student's death
[...]

University of South Carolina women's basketball coach Dawn Staley's retweeted Pastides statement, and made one of her own.

"Heavy heart today as we mourn the death of one of our students Samantha Josephson," Staley said. "May God embrace her entire family, friends and loved ones."

Samantha's hometown remembered her, and offered condolences to her family.

Mayor Dave Fried, B.A. Joy Tozzi and everyone in Robbinsville Township are devastated by the news that the Josephson family of Robbinsville have lost their precious Samantha.

Our thoughts, prayers, boundless grief and endless support are with Seymour, Marci and Sydney at this unimaginable time.

Yes it’s weird b/c she takes a super quick look before she gets in and seems reassured that this is her car. It’s really fast but she looks pretty confident so I wonder if he beckoned to her or if there was a sticker.

I don’t know much about Uber, etc but are you saying that this car may have had an Uber sticker and was just kinda trolling looking for someone who looked like they were waiting on a car? That’s pretty sick and pretty cold if that’s the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsgirl