Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who has access to background checks found a connection of the suspect to any of the streets in the Rosewood neighborhood? That neighborhood is where her cellphone pinged and her friends checked for her there.

I don't have this access but it brings up something for me--I would like to know more about Rosewood. Is it an area or a street? Where is it in relationship to everything else? Are there rentals, only long term housing, prices? Any commercial areas, etc.? Busy/quiet? I could go on lol...

I don't have this access but it brings up something for me--I would like to know more about Rosewood. Is it an area or a street? Where is it in relationship to everything else? Are there rentals, only long term housing, prices? Any commercial areas, etc.? Busy/quiet? I could go on lol...

Not a local, but from reviewing google and looking at the homes, it is a nicer neighborhood of single family homes. Certainly nicer than Five Points.

Rosewood Dr looks to be a fairly busy, 4 lane divided street with stoplights. It’s also called Route 16 and would be the most direct way to access the highway 378 that goes to the New Zion area, where her body was found

We don’t have any idea of where he was living. His driver’s license had the New Zion address, but if he was hanging around Five Points two nights in a row, and had a job with FedEx, he likely was staying somewhere in the Columbia region.

I’d venture he was living in a cheaper area nearer where the pawn shop was
Maybe he was living with his parents, since he was driving their car. Didn't he leave the body fairly close to that home? Imo

I think Rosewood is a neighborhood, 715 Harden is where the Bird Dog is located. Not sure if this helps or not, nor am I sure what the connection is either.

upload_2019-4-2_16-7-40.png

Such a horrifying case. :(

I've been reading everything and I have some nagging thoughts. Maybe it's because too many decades of following crimes that make me think this way.

I believe he had an accomplice. I cannot see how he could drive the car and subdue Sami without wrecking the car or drawing attention to the car.

And I don't believe in coinkydinks in criminal cases. Everything just seemed to align perfectly for him at the exact time he needed it to. Don't buy it one bit. He may have had several accomplices. This was actually quite complicated and not so easy when you think about it. I believe LE is playing close to the vest. JMHO

What a lovely young lady with such a bright future. My prayers are with her family and loved ones..

@BOSCOE - Thank you for the "coinkydinks" chuckle. Glad I wasn't drinking a beverage at the time. :D

My first thought after reading this article was Jacksonboro is a pretty long way from New Zion and Nate is a fairly common name so I don’t really see a connection.
But then I thought maybe the article is speaking to an ongoing scheme...that’s the wrong word but you know what I mean...that explains young women going missing and seldom being found. Maybe that’s the connection to this case.That sounds kinda farfetched but....
What is so infuriating about that case is that during his interviews, Brown stated there were 8-12 other guys at the home where Brittany was being held. There must be a lot of people out there who know what happened to her, yet LE still haven't been able to find out what exactly happened.
Fortunately this case is different. The killer left behind plenty of evidence. Going by his pictures and from comments I have seen of his on FB, he seems to be pretty arrogant and full of himself. He must have thought he could get away with it. I guess he doesn't make it look so "easy" after all. Imo

Not that it helps now but just thinking of how Uber and Lyft can help passengers know they are there for them. Ive never used either service and maybe they already have a policy like this.

Was thinking the first words out of their mouth to the passenger on arrival should be an announcement of the passenger's name who made the reservation, the destination where they asked to go, and then of course to have their ID Badge showing or some other certificate displayed in their car with their photo showing them that they in fact are an Uber/Lyft driver.

That way the passenger automatically knows the driver is their driver they called because they knew all their information about the reservation. Its a pro-active way to let the passenger know its them. If a passenger doesnt hear these things they can either question the driver or not get in until they have that information.

Maybe they already have a policy like this as I am not sure what their policy is. Whatever it is they are doing currently did not work for the night Samantha jumped in.

ETA - Oh and the important additional step would be the driver has to keep ALL his doors locked and not let the passenger in until the driver also validates the ride is the person who called for the reservation. That policy would have/should have prevented her from just jumping in a car because the doors would have all been locked.

Last edited:
Could he, or a passenger IF someone else was in fact in the car, have injected her with something? I don't mean to suggest anything really "out there", just offering as a suggestion for how she could have been overpowered while the car was still operated.

It's also possible she was really intoxicated. She might have summoned an Uber, and then taken something herself, or had one last shot. I'm not suggesting to denigrate her in any way, but again to explain how he could have managed to drive some distance without her being fully aware. Being really drunk, and/or high, could also explain why she got into the other dark car before the one her murderer was driving.

Not a local, but from reviewing google and looking at the homes, it is a nicer neighborhood of single family homes. Certainly nicer than Five Points.

Rosewood Dr looks to be a fairly busy, 4 lane divided street with stoplights. It’s also called Route 16 and would be the most direct way to access the highway 378 that goes to the New Zion area, where her body was found

So it is a nicer homes but they are located on a busy four lane home? I googled some the other day but did not get too far. Is it considered a drive or an area? I guess what I mean is are there Rosewood houses that are beyond the four-lane road? That would be considered the Rosewood Development for instance or Rosewood School District or is it just a street/drive name?

If you have no idea, that is fine, just asking in the event you do know. I think the ping was thought to be on Rosewood Drive, simply wondering about the neighborhood more so...

...I believe he had an accomplice. I cannot see how he could drive the car and subdue Sami without wrecking the car or drawing attention to the car...
IMO, he could have done it by himself. It would be apparent that she thought that he was an Uber driver because she would have said something like, "You know where I'm going, right?" He could have said, "Tell me the exact address again."

He had the child locks engaged. She wouldn't know this until it was too late. She probably had her head in her phone and wasn't paying attention until she saw that he was going the wrong way. He could have even said that he knew a shortcut. Who knows?

When she discovered something was wrong, I believe that she did try to exit. When she wasn't able to do so, she probably climbed over the seat, and that's when he began to stab her.

I thought that it was said that her blood was found in the front passenger seat. If that's the case, that indicates that she climbed into the front seat and was trying to get out of the car.

On Fox News, a detective said to remember to ask two questions. "What is my name?" and "What is your name?" If those questions cannot be answered, that's not your ride.

I really don't see how this guy thought that he would get away with this. Why not let her out of the car and drive away? I guess that he thought murder was a better option.

This young girl was about to graduate from college and go to law school. Very, very tragic.

Lots of people have wondered how he could overpower her while she was in backseat but I dont think it would be that difficult if he had a weapon. All it would take is one stab at her and she would retreat back away from the knife. Then he would drive somewhere where he could really attack her.

Ted Bundy was a master of overpowering woman in his vehicle and sometimes just outside his vehicle before throwing them inside. And he had a small volkswagon.

"Once near or inside his vehicle the victim would be overpowered, bludgeoned, and restrained with handcuffs. Most were sexually assaulted and strangled, either at the primary crime scene or (more commonly) after transport to a pre-selected secondary site, often a considerable distance away"

Ted Bundy - Wikipedia

So it is a nicer homes but they are located on a busy four lane home? I googled some the other day but did not get too far. Is it considered a drive or an area? I guess what I mean is are there Rosewood houses that are beyond the four-lane road? That would be considered the Rosewood Development for instance or Rosewood School District or is it just a street/drive name?

If you have no idea, that is fine, just asking in the event you do know. I think the ping was thought to be on Rosewood Drive, simply wondering about the neighborhood more so...
The Rosewood area/neighborhood consists of mostly single family dwellings but there are also apartments and condos. Some of the single family homes are rented out to college students, and have been since I lived there about 40 years ago. It has been in existence since at least the 1940's. It's roughly a triangular area bounded on one side by Rosewood Drive. There are also businesses, churches and schools in the area. It would be Richland One school district.
The ping was said to be at the corner of S. Ott Rd. and Montgomery Ave. You'd have to turn off of Rosewood Drive to get onto S. Ott Rd.

I thought that it was said that her blood was found in the front passenger seat. If that's the case, that indicates that she climbed into the front seat and was trying to get out of the car.

LE DIDN’T say her blood was found in the front passenger seat

They said “Passenger Compartment”. I interpret that to mean any area inside the vehicle where passengers (or the driver) sits, as opposed to “Under the Hood” or “In the Trunk”. They didn’t specify exactly where in the passenger compartment it was.

I wouldn’t make any assumptions about whether she climbed into the front seat or not based on that information. I think the blood was most likely in the back seat area, but LE didn’t specify .

How could NR be posting on Facebook shortly after Samantha got into the car, if he was passed out at a party like his parent's claim?

Lol. The real perp prob found NR phone in the car, when he borrowed it. Not

I’m sure many of you have heard the proposal for Uber &
Lyft provide their drivers with a large neon type light to display in the rear window. Excellent idea. However, a lot of Uber drivers in my area only drive a week or two, in between jobs. Once hired elsewhere, they quit driving.
So, I assume the company would need to withhold the final paycheck until the driver returns the light. This wouldn’t be foolproof either. A driver might get paid, decide to not drive again, but still has possession of the light. Maybe they will need to put a hefty deposit on the light, refundable when returned.
All of this is applicable only if either company goes with this proposed plan.
I heard this on national news. No link available but more to come, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jidariesh