Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for reference:

If he works in a low-level capacity for FedEx - here is the Fed Ex Ground location associated with the airport. Lots of moving boxes around and packing trucks going on there. He doesn’t seem to me to be at a level where he would be a driver.

It’s across the freeway from Rosewood area, but still within manoevering range of Five Points.

Google Maps

I’d be looking around that area for a possible site of assault, too. Hope either his or her phone is trackable

There's also a large Memorial Stadium parking lot close to Montgomery. I think that might be an ideal location for nefarious actions. JMOO

Google Maps

Interesting. So are the homes that come up with driveways, garages and fair distance between neighbors.

I think likely that LE has more video cam coverage than we know. They know of the ping near Rosewood and part of the route, they know his address or where he likely lived, they know who the girl with him the next night was, and so much more than we do.

I always have to remind myself in each case, because they did not say something does not mean it is not the case. They never share all.

My main theory is he stopped somewhere and had to, and never headed right out to the Clarendon site.

He also had his own clothing to dispose of and likely needed to shower afterwards. I hate saying that but based on what we know about the brutality and car evidence, it is quite likely.

My theories change if someone else was with him in the car.

Just for reference:

If he works in a low-level capacity for FedEx - here is the Fed Ex Ground location associated with the airport. Lots of moving boxes around and packing trucks going on there. He doesn’t seem to me to be at a level where he would be a driver.

It’s across the freeway from Rosewood area, but still within manoevering range of Five Points.

Google Maps

I’d be looking around that area for a possible site of assault, too. Hope either his or her phone is trackable

Def could've taken him through Rosewood to get to that area. The more I look at maps, the more I'm becoming convinced that NR is very, very familiar with the Five Points & Rosewood areas. For what reason, I do not know.

MOO

Def could've taken him through Rosewood to get to that area. The more I look at maps, the more I'm becoming convinced that NR is very, very familiar with the Five Points & Rosewood areas. For what reason, I do not know.

MOO

I’m betting he lives somewhere around the airport area or South Beltline road region.

I wonder if LE can trace his actions by his cell phone (assuming they have it). I’ll bet they find he hangs out at Five Points a lot, especially around 2 am or so.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

That is kind of what I figure may have happened. At some point during his drive she realizes she cannot get out and he is not going to let her out and he brings out a weapon like a knife to threaten her or even stab back at her which makes her retreat away from him and then he finds the next available secluded spot to stop the car and open the back door to finish his attack on her.

At least that is how I envision what may have happened. Its all pointing to him full of rage and viciously attacking her after he stops his car. Which is why I think he was drunk himself or on drugs or both which could have contributed to his rage.

Him being drunk or on drugs coincides with the parents talking about him being passed out. Maybe he passed out after the whole event was over and he ended up going to crash at wherever he normally crashes.

I think it is the most likely theory with what we know if all true, and as someone pointed out above, the murder is charged in the same county, not the county where she was found. I suppose they may not know yet, but it is possible they do. They do have the "cooperating" woman for one thing, if she knew any facts. And I am sure have much more than we do.

However, throw a kink at me like someone else in the car or a fact we do not know and my theory may change... :D

Based on the info we have though, I have never been okay with picturing him keeping her subdued all of the way to where they found her body while he was driving... It just makes no sense, unless he stopped and stopped her. We also assume he put her in the trunk at some point. That had to occur somewhere as well, probably after attacking her and leaving blood in the car (or at least while subduing her)... It just seems to me like there is at least one stop... And it could have been in the city based on the need to control her...

So for those who are familiar, the Rosewood ping would mean a detour to get to New Zion? Maybe that's where he incapacitated her in Rosewood. See map

Google Maps
2 AM Friday traffic and 65+ miles to dump site was the perfect storm.

Defendant could have threatened SJ with gun (whether he had one or not), or knife promising her release if she cooperated. From little we know thus far, she had no chance. MOO

If you go to his FB page, there there is a photo of him with his car in the foreground and railroad crossing and a Fed Ex truck in the background.

Odd to have a railroad crossing in your photo. The closest area of a railroad crossing to the Fed Ex Ground is on Atlas Blvd, just south of where it intersects with Veterans. Maybe half mile from Fed Ex Ground

Google Maps

And if you follow the railroad farther west, there are two more crossings on South Beltline road

And this may have nothing to do with anything

Last edited:
Such a horrifying case. :(

I've been reading everything and I have some nagging thoughts. Maybe it's because too many decades of following crimes that make me think this way.

I believe he had an accomplice. I cannot see how he could drive the car and subdue Sami without wrecking the car or drawing attention to the car.

And I don't believe in coinkydinks in criminal cases. Everything just seemed to align perfectly for him at the exact time he needed it to. Don't buy it one bit. He may have had several accomplices. This was actually quite complicated and not so easy when you think about it. I believe LE is playing close to the vest. JMHO

What a lovely young lady with such a bright future. My prayers are with her family and loved ones..

Thanks for your post. Prayers to Samantha’s family.

I think Rosewood is a neighborhood, 715 Harden is where the Bird Dog is located. Not sure if this helps or not, nor am I sure what the connection is either.

View attachment 177674

Thank you so much. It is because her phone last pinged there from what we know. Or near Rosewood Drive anyhow. This map does help.

Ugh, I watched that interview with his parents and I feel so bad for them. His dad seems especially shook up. His mother less than I would expect. It seems like they need and want to believe. That they didn't initially but choose to believe that he'd tell them the truth or not. I hate to think of him losing everything because he decides to mortgage his home and property to get his son a good lawyer.

As a parent I could "almost" buy the idea that maybe someone stole his car when he was passed out and randomly kidnapped and killed a woman with it. And then just brought the car back to the party like nothing happened. But stretch it out to the body was dumped out in his old neighborhood where his family is rather than somewhere near the area of abduction? That he found the car full of blood and never called the police? That he'd rather hide another killer than immediately call the police? He didn't notice the bloody cell phone though? He just happened to drive his bloodied car back to the place of abduction and didn't realize it?

No. I'd think my kid was a killer I'm pretty sure. But I'm sort of a suspicious person I guess. If my kid's car was found with the blood and cell phone of a murdered woman I'd probably flip out on them. And it sounded like dad didn't believe him at first. But now he does. His son said he didn't do it.

So I guess there are just loads of people who can confirm his presence at a party? Confirm his being passed out etc? Which one of them wants to take the fall as the killer?

Odd to have a railroad crossing in your photo. The closest area of a railroad crossing to the Fed Ex Ground is on Atlas Blvd, just south of where it intersects with Veterans. Maybe half mile from Fed Ex Ground

Google Maps

And if you follow the railroad farther west, there are two more crossings on South Beltline road

And this may have nothing to do with anything

I just looked at the comments on the photo and a couple of people said where the photo is taken. Not sure what it is, and like you said, not sure if it has any bearing on the case, but there are some other interesting comments there too.

Link to photo.

Nate Rowland

Last edited:
I'll repost since it was deleted (didn't know you can't screenshot suspect's facebook.)

Within a few hours after the murder, Rowland posted this on his fb.

"I'll love to do it wit ya but I be damn if I can't do it without ya."

It is POSSIBLE this could be in reference to the female that MAY HAVE been with him in the front passenger seat. Maybe she demanded to be dropped off before the murder and this is why Sami's phone pinged at the house in Rosewood!

Nate Rowland

I just looked at the comments on the photo and a couple of people said it is "in front of Spanns." Not sure what that is, and like you said, not sure if it has any bearing on the case, but there are some other interesting comments there too.

Fairly sure this is a Sumter, SC connection and the FedEx truck is just a fluke. o_O

Google Maps

Note RR tracks in area.

Lol. The real perp prob found NR phone in the car, when he borrowed it. Not

I’m sure many of you have heard the proposal for Uber &
Lyft provide their drivers with a large neon type light to display in the rear window. Excellent idea. However, a lot of Uber drivers in my area only drive a week or two, in between jobs. Once hired elsewhere, they quit driving.
So, I assume the company would need to withhold the final paycheck until the driver returns the light. This wouldn’t be foolproof either. A driver might get paid, decide to not drive again, but still has possession of the light. Maybe they will need to put a hefty deposit on the light, refundable when returned.
All of this is applicable only if either company goes with this proposed plan.
I heard this on national news. No link available but more to come, surely.

the Lyft cars around here have a small lighted sign in the front- not super expensive but probably tougher to duplicate than a decal.

Didn't people initially think the same of Jesse Matthews? imo, speculation.
From link..
"This doesn’t sound like the person we know and love," Waiters said.

5784bcf6-33e7-4445-b8bc-07a2772d54dd-55937490_265777577702751_4367689072370515968_n_1.jpg

Picture of Nathaniel Rowland. (Photo: submitted/courtesy of Monique Pearson)

Waiters, who last saw Rowland about a year ago in passing, said he was a "great kid" from a "very involved" family who would always help with summer fundraisers for basketball teams.

Rowland was a hardworking and smart student and player, Waiters said. When Waiters started as the East Clarendon varsity basketball coach in 2011, he picked Rowland as the team captain, having seen his leadership skills with the AAU team.

Waiters described Rowland as a "yes sir, yes ma’am" kid who was always respectful and pushed his peers to do their best. "

the Lyft cars around here have a small lighted sign in the front- not super expensive but probably tougher to duplicate than a decal.

And this reminds me:

When Sami opened the door to his vehicle, the interior light did not go on, or else we would have been able to see the upholstry color, and the presence of someone in the driver’s seat, or possibly in the front passenger seat.

So did he intentionally disable the interior light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InvestinTest