Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to the point on a lot of these cases where I can't even trust MSM. Facts are reported differently in different articles. Well, I shared that article to help the person know that that one article did state the glove compartment,but who knows if that is really where it was found. :)
I understand completely. No worries at all - it happens in every.dang.case! MOO

Since this is the only source reporting that the phone was found in the glove compartment which doesn't agree with the search warrants, I'm going to consider it an error. For now. MOO
I agree @PommyMommy.

IMO, this distinction is pretty significant because it was reported that NR was stopped on a routine traffic stop, and searching the glove box usually requires a warrant. Of course there may be exceptions for probable cause, but this debate is not the intention of my post. There's already plenty of information out on unlawful vehicle searches and seizures. MOO

Sorry if already posted - I don't remember seeing it.

SCDNR: Search underway in Clarendon Co. is for ‘additional articles’ related to murder of UofSC student Samantha Josephson
Several agencies, including the State Law Enforcement Division and the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, are currently investigating a scene near the location where a University of South Carolina student’s body was found less than 12 hours after she was kidnapped.

The heavy law enforcement presence on Knowlton Road is not far from where Samantha Josephson’s body was found on March 29 and near the last-known address of the suspect, Nathaniel Rowland.

The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources confirmed via Twitter that their search is “for additional articles pertaining to 21-year-old Samantha Josephson’s murder.”

SCDNR on Twitter
SCDNR K-9 units and AIR dive team members are in the New Zion area of Clarendon County searching for additional articles pertaining to 21-year-old Samantha Josephson’s murder. The department is assisting both SLED and Clarendon County Sheriff’s Office.
4:09 PM - 3 Apr 2019

[...]

Last edited:
I think we've missed some things since this reporter doesn't use hashtags. :oops:

Caroline Hecker on Twitter
Earlier this morning SCDNR officials were out with metal detectors and shovels in the area where Samantha Josephson’s body was dumped. Now, the dive team is searching a nearby pond. @wis10
5:12 PM - 3 Apr 2019

We know the passenger in Rowland’s car the night he was arrested—is cooperating. Crews have bounced around locations along Black Bottom Road all day. @wis10
5:16 PM - 3 Apr 2019

The gentleman who owns this land says officials have told him they are searching his property, including an old irrigation hole, in relation to the Josephson investigation. @wis10
D3QR2oeXoAAa3Mu.jpg

4:12 PM - 3 Apr 2019

UPDATE: Neighbors tell me this is the exact location Samantha Josephson’s body was found. It’s about 40-50 feet off the road and is covered in thick brush. Chalk is seen marking one of the trees. @wis10
D3Lo6r4XoAA4fVN.jpg

D3Lo6r0W4AAt34z.jpg

D3Lo6r2WAAIHUBc.jpg

D3Lo6r3W4AAWqBm.jpg

6:34 PM - 2 Apr 2019

Last edited:
I get to the point on a lot of these cases where I can't even trust MSM. Facts are reported differently in different articles. Well, I shared that article to help the person know that that one article did state the glove compartment,but who knows if that is really where it was found. :)
Agree! Misreporting seems to happen more often than not today. I do think this was just a case of sloppy reporting by reporter that took the liberty to substitute "glove" compartment for "passenger compartment" as written in the Arrest Affidavit. MOO

Been following but not every single post, so apologies if I’ve missed this. I’m a bit confused bc the boyfriend said he was tracking her car and immediately knew something was wrong but it appears she was not reported missing until 1:30pm (so the afternoon of the early morning she was abducted) by her roommates.

Is this accurate? B/c as mentioned above, reporting can sometimes be sloppy and inaccurate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-was-on-phone-with-her-during-fatal-trip/amp/

I realize these are good ideas especially the numbers along with colors, none of this would have saved here life, she did not check vehicle, license plate nor pic of driver, what makes anyone think she would have checked more if that was in place

I have to agree. Uber clearly gives you the drivers name, their picture, their car model and make, and the license plate. The driver is supposed to initiate with your name so to further show its the driver.

This is a tragedy 100%, but if she would have matched the license plate to the app she would still be alive.

I heard about it as well and she supposedly couldn't get out because there were no door locks on the inside from what i heard on news. I wonder if she could have kicked out the passenger side window and climbed out of the window after she kicked it out and escaped. I have seen people do that on COPS on tv and one person in the news in my state a few months back actually escaped from a cop car that way.

Last edited:
I wonder where they got that because the arrest warrants read, "Also, a cellular telephone belonging to the victim was found inside the passenger compartment of the subject vehicle."

See pages 2 and 4: South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

Late last night,someone asked where the phone was found. It is in this news article: CPD, SLED uncover ‘valuable information’ about suspect charged in killing of Samantha Josephson Forensic tests revealed large amounts of Josephson’s blood in the back seat and trunk of Rowland’s black Chevy Impala. Investigators also found bleach, wipes and window cleaner inside the car, along with Josephson’s cell phone in the glove compartment.
This was an exceptionally intelligent young woman. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't put the phone in the passenger compartment knowing that the phone would be tracked and her killer caught. Usually when someone is cleaning up afterward, they grab or clean-up what is visible. In his rush and excitement, he may have totally forgotten about her phone.

This was an exceptionally intelligent young woman. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't put the phone in the passenger compartment knowing that the phone would be tracked and her killer caught. Usually when someone is cleaning up afterward, they grab or clean-up what is visible. In his rush and excitement, he may have totally forgotten about her phone.

She entered the back seat of the car and presumably was attacked there. We don’t know if she ever got into the front seats. I doubt she did.

I think NR put it there, IF that’s where the phone was. Still not sure until we see the LE report when he is arraigned.

Yeah,i heard that she entered the back seat of the car. I wonder if she could have escaped by kicking out the passenger side window and climbing out. I have seen that stuff happen on COPS and on tv news in my state.

And this guy shows it can be done as well.
It isn’t easy to kick out a window. If it was, a lot of people would not drown when their car enters water. That’s why they make window hammers. Most people do not have these in their purse.

It isn’t easy to kick out a window. If it was, a lot of people would not drown when their car enters water. That’s why they make window hammers. Most people do not have these in their purse.

I think she also had on a soft-soled shoe like an espadrille. If you had a hard boot sole or heel it would be easier than a softer sole like an espadrille

Courtney King on Twitter
Crews are leaving the area in New Zion. We are working to find out if anything was found @wachfox #SamanthaJosephson
6:02 PM - 3 Apr 2019

The property owner gave us permission to take these photos of this pond, just feet of Black Bottom Road. SCDNR divers were searching it earlier today. @wis10
D3Qr8QGWwAAaFE3.jpg

D3Qr8QAW0AYIKOY.jpg

6:06 PM - 3 Apr 2019

These pics make me very sad thinking Sami could have easily been found there instead of on land. IMO, her killer is very familiar with the land around the area where she was found. Possibly grew up playing in the woods and water around there. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl