Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I kept getting tripped on this because I was thinking “but she told her mom she was going to drive back home”

…but if she didn’t know yet that it was stolen….hmmm.

but then, what are the odds her car gets stolen AND she is killed within the same day?! That would be terrible luck
Do we know if she was raped? Someone killed her, dumped her remains, and burned her car so no dna.

Hello all,
So the reason I found this site was looking for more/updated info on this case.
For me, it kinda hits close to home. Literally. I live in MB, and my grandparent's property is right beside the "godforsaken" and "podunk" cornfield where her car was burnt. It's actually a pretty clean, nice area with mostly good people. I heard about "some car was burned in the cornfield" on that Monday from my uncle, who lives maybe a half or a quarter mile away from the field, and he said they had helicopters out looking for the driver. I've been trying to follow it since then.

The access into the field the car went down is actually not that easy to find unless you know what you're looking for. A very narrow access that definitely required a slowdown and intent. I drove by it myself when looking for it before anyone had even hear of SW around here. And where the car was burned was too far off 378 to be visible from the road. I think there was a trail into the field there beforehand, but I'm not 100%. Looked like it on Monday/ Tuesday when I stopped to look. The field's been harvested now, anyway. One thing I noticed while looking for the field was that most other crops in the area were shorter (maybe soy beans) and wouldn't hide a car as well while they were prepping it to burn?

The fire station tower is mostly back in the woods to the point where it would be pointless to climb it to get a better view of the area or anything like that. I found the no cameras thing weird, but not very. You find more game cameras out in that area than security cameras. And the area is a very clean, well kept area beside a major 4-lane highway. Very open in front of the station. I was very surprised at the body location, since the tower is pretty far off the road and you have to walk in the open past everything to get there.

What threw me off the most was the timing. I drive that route on 378 about 4-5 days a week for work. With good traffic, it takes me around 55 minutes to get from my grandparents' house to 544 where my route diverges from the one she most likely would have taken. In good (not Sunday leaving MB) traffic, 300 S Ocean would be probably 20+ minutes up the road. Also, keep in mind that there is mainly one way into the area if you're coming 378 or 501, and on Sunday that bridge area tends to bottleneck and slow down. There are other ways across the river, but they are slower and take you though downtown Conway. If I were to tell someone that I'd meet them on the boulevard and I was leaving the field area, I'd estimate 1.5 hours and I'd probably be 5 minutes late. My opinion is that it would take perfect traffic, redlights, and close to 100mph in some heavily patrolled areas to do the trip in an hour.

My guess is that if she was at 300 Ocean at 1, the car was already stolen or on 378 (maybe headed to be parted out or destroyed). Potentially an accidental death or screwed up abduction occurred shortly after the facetime, and they called their associate with her car and told them to get rid of the evidence because the car had gotten too hot to risk being seen/ caught in.

Sorry it's so long. Very curious about how this one will turn out.

Also, the moped rentals are super common in MB. Teens and younger (and dumber) tourists rent them and ride up and down the boulevard all day. The boulevard itself has gotten a lot worse and seedier in the last 8 or 9 years. I wouldn't recommend any attractive young women go there alone. And speaking of Brittanee Drexel, unless something new has come up, I think that's been closed...

Brittanee Drexel, teen who vanished in 2009, was raped, shot, eaten by alligators, FBI says

Hello all,
For me, it kinda hits close to home. Literally. I live in MB, and my grandparent's property is right beside the "godforsaken" and "podunk" cornfield where her car was burnt. It's actually a pretty clean, nice area with mostly good people. I heard about "some car was burned in the cornfield" on that Monday from my uncle, who lives maybe a half or a quarter mile away from the field, and he said they had helicopters out looking for the driver. I've been trying to follow it since then.

The access into the field the car went down is actually not that easy to find unless you know what you're looking for. A very narrow access that definitely required a slowdown and intent. I drove by it myself when looking for it before anyone had even hear of SW around here. And where the car was burned was too far off 378 to be visible from the road. I think there was a trail into the field there beforehand, but I'm not 100%. Looked like it on Monday/ Tuesday when I stopped to look. The field's been harvested now, anyway. One thing I noticed while looking for the field was that most other crops in the area were shorter (maybe soy beans) and wouldn't hide a car as well while they were prepping it to burn?

The fire station tower is mostly back in the woods to the point where it would be pointless to climb it to get a better view of the area or anything like that. I found the no cameras thing weird, but not very. You find more game cameras out in that area than security cameras. And the area is a very clean, well kept area beside a major 4-lane highway. Very open in front of the station. I was very surprised at the body location, since the tower is pretty far off the road and you have to walk in the open past everything to get there.

What threw me off the most was the timing. I drive that route on 378 about 4-5 days a week for work. With good traffic, it takes me around 55 minutes to get from my grandparents' house to 544 where my route diverges from the one she most likely would have taken. In good (not Sunday leaving MB) traffic, 300 S Ocean would be probably 20+ minutes up the road. Also, keep in mind that there is mainly one way into the area if you're coming 378 or 501, and on Sunday that bridge area tends to bottleneck and slow down. There are other ways across the river, but they are slower and take you though downtown Conway. If I were to tell someone that I'd meet them on the boulevard and I was leaving the field area, I'd estimate 1.5 hours and I'd probably be 5 minutes late. My opinion is that it would take perfect traffic, redlights, and close to 100mph in some heavily patrolled areas to do the trip in an hour.

My guess is that if she was at 300 Ocean at 1, the car was already stolen or on 378 (maybe headed to be parted out or destroyed). Potentially an accidental death or screwed up abduction occurred shortly after the facetime, and they called their associate with her car and told them to get rid of the evidence because the car had gotten too hot to risk being seen/ caught in.

Also, the moped rentals are super common in MB. Teens and younger (and dumber) tourists rent them and ride up and down the boulevard all day. The boulevard itself has gotten a lot worse and seedier in the last 8 or 9 years. I wouldn't recommend any attractive young women go there alone. And speaking of Brittanee Drexel, unless something new has come up, I think that's been closed...

Brittanee Drexel, teen who vanished in 2009, was raped, shot, eaten by alligators, FBI says

BBM i had mentioned that upthread, that her car has to have been stolen earlier and she was unaware maybe. thanks for the local perspective!!!

Hello all,

thanks for the clarification on the drive time. i thought, as you do, that sunday afternoon traffic leaving myrtle- would be impossible!

Wasn't the call with her mother a FaceTime? I think her mom would have been me to tell if she was in her car. Also it seems unnecessarily specific to lie that she was at a certain rental place trying to rent a scooter and got turned down for not wearing shoes.

The whole thing is so weird that a lot of details were put out to begin with then literally nothing since her body was found. Feels like her family was hopeful that with enough interest she might be found alive but then after she was dead they don't want too many details released. I think that perhaps what happened is more obvious to the people who know the whole story than it is to us. Even if law enforcement was being silent, we would expect statements from the family. I almost wonder if there wasn't some level of negligence from police and there was a financial settlement with the family that included a nondisclosure agreement.

Wasn't the call with her mother a FaceTime? I think her mom would have been me to tell if she was in her car. Also it seems unnecessarily specific to lie that she was at a certain rental place trying to rent a scooter and got turned down for not wearing shoes.

The whole thing is so weird that a lot of details were put out to begin with then literally nothing since her body was found. Feels like her family was hopeful that with enough interest she might be found alive but then after she was dead they don't want too many details released. I think that perhaps what happened is more obvious to the people who know the whole story than it is to us. Even if law enforcement was being silent, we would expect statements from the family. I almost wonder if there wasn't some level of negligence from police and there was a financial settlement with the family that included a nondisclosure agreement.
News and Police reports stated that her communication with her Mom was on FaceTime, but she could have been in her car using FaceTime while she was driving using a cell phone holder. The entire story is very odd. Her friend mentioned on her Go Fund Me page that a white male was seen fleeing her burning car...where is the police sketch asking for someone to identify the person?

Just chiming in on this very odd case. I don't have any theories that have not been proposed here, but does anyone know who reported the burning car? I would be interested to know, was it a passing motorist, or someone else?

I too am very puzzled by the super tight timeline between the FaceTime call and the car being found.

Just chiming in on this very odd case. I don't have any theories that have not been proposed here, but does anyone know who reported the burning car? I would be interested to know, was it a passing motorist, or someone else?

I too am very puzzled by the super tight timeline between the FaceTime call and the car being found.
I haven't seen anything about who called in the fire. On the Police Report a name, address, etc was blacked out, yet showed the zip code.

I just started following this case. When I was reviewing police reports someone else posted, I noticed the following.
On the burned car report on 9/19, the responding officer wrote he called in Inv Prosser. However, he also noted that the license plate was gone and the VIN unreadable. So presumably that would make it hard to identify the owner of the vehicle.
On the police report for the found body a couple of days later, the report says "I contacted Inv Prosser who was the lead investigator for the case for the missing female"
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the original missing person report that I have seen was from Myrtle Beach (Horry County), but the burned car and found body reports are from Florence County. If Inv Prosser was already the lead investigator on the missing persons case when the body was found, that implies to me that they had placed her in Florence County when she went missing (which is consistent with MBPD saying she safely left their jurisdiction) and/or they had already linked the burned car to Sheridan Wahl's disappearance.

I just started following this case. When I was reviewing police reports someone else posted, I noticed the following.
On the burned car report on 9/19, the responding officer wrote he called in Inv Prosser. However, he also noted that the license plate was gone and the VIN unreadable. So presumably that would make it hard to identify the owner of the vehicle.
On the police report for the found body a couple of days later, the report says "I contacted Inv Prosser who was the lead investigator for the case for the missing female"
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the original missing person report that I have seen was from Myrtle Beach (Horry County), but the burned car and found body reports are from Florence County. If Inv Prosser was already the lead investigator on the missing persons case when the body was found, that implies to me that they had placed her in Florence County when she went missing (which is consistent with MBPD saying she safely left their jurisdiction) and/or they had already linked the burned car to Sheridan Wahl's disappearance.
Sheridan's missing persons report described her maroon Toyota and there was enough of the hood left to see that the burned car was maroon. What you're seeing is something that is telling though, that Sheridan's mother was already filing a missing persons report just hours after the last time she spoke with her. There was something about the FaceTime call that made Mom concerned. We don't know what.

I'm starting to get vibes of the Erin Valenti case, in which a tech executive disappeared with her car, and had very concerning statements to her fiancé and mom. She even spoke with law-enforcement, and told them she was fine. She was found deceased in her car in a suburban neighborhood several days later with no real clear cause of death, but they did say she had a thyroid storm? I think it was and that she was in the middle of a manic episode. She was acting very irrationally. The unknown variable here is the burned car of course,But a manic episode could have triggered whatever else happened or put Sheridan in a vulnerable situation.

This is a case which at times seems to violate the laws of time and space.

My gut feeling is that major facts have been left out of the story in media reports and the LE has an idea of what happened, but cannot yet make an arrest.

Based on what we know from the media, the only crime which is apparent is the burning of the car, and even then it is possible, but IMHO extremely unlikely, that she accidentally wrecked the car and walked 10 miles to the fire station.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back