Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheridan Wahl, a Florida college student who was reported missing in Myrtle Beach before being found dead in Florence County, died from multiple blunt force injuries due to a fall, according to the Florence County Coroner’s Office.

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/state/north-carolina/article255844871.html

Wow, wasn't expecting that. Is the "training tower" a tall structure? Is it climbable? Was she up there with someone and they pushed her off? Did she jump? How'd her car get separated from her and burned? So many questions.

A podcaster needs to get on this one.

This report just raises more questions and doesn't answer any.

Did she sustain any of the "multiple" blunt force trauma before she fell from the building? Did someone take her up there? Who burned the car? How did she get from the car to the training tower? Was she alone?

Hmmmm?

Did not expect this at all. Could this be a suicide?

How does the burned out car fit in?

I’m totally flummoxed.
Someone in a manic or psychotic state might burn their own car but the time between the FaceTime and the police discovery of the burned car is just too short - although that could possibly have been a case of Mom reporting the time wrong. However, in addition to the time being too short in that way (and too long in the other way - did she lay there for two days before being found? Post mortem interim?) the distance is awfully far. Still, at least four cases pop into my mind where people have (some only presumably) sustained moderate brain injuries in an accident and traveled some distance before dying. In some cases even remaining lucid enough to sign themselves out of the hospital. Driving all that way through a corn field doesn't seem like an accident though. It's the thing we don't know that Sheridan seemed suicidal in the FaceTime call? There were those general comments by her dad about mental health.

IMHO I think someone was with her at the fire tower. She either fell or was pushed off. The other person left her and took the car later ditching it in the corn field.

I think the opposite happened, someone torched her car first and then took her. And this will turn out to be a crime of opportunity and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Possible car trouble? Followed from MB? I would love to hear what the locals believe happened.
Has anything been said about her phone? If it's not been mentioned then it probably was torched in her car. I don't think she would have willingly left her phone.

This report just raises more questions and doesn't answer any.

Did she sustain any of the "multiple" blunt force trauma before she fell from the building? Did someone take her up there? Who burned the car? How did she get from the car to the training tower? Was she alone?

The coroner’s report says the “blunt force trauma” was due to a fall, but as you pointed out, there’s still plenty of questions.
I have a hard time imagining her being suicidal, torching her car, and wandering around rural SC looking for some way to kill herself and happening upon a training tower to jump off of. Unless she was on LSD or something I can’t see this.
Someone else is involved I think. Maybe they followed her out of MB and ran her off the road, then they took her and torched her car. They may have kept her for a day or she ran and they cornered her up there. That’s a crazy way to kill somebody though. And why would somebody take her unless it was sexually motivated, but LE hasn’t mentioned anything like that. But then they haven’t said much of anything.

The coroner’s report says the “blunt force trauma” was due to a fall, but as you pointed out, there’s still plenty of questions.
I have a hard time imagining her being suicidal, torching her car, and wandering around rural SC looking for some way to kill herself and happening upon a training tower to jump off of. Unless she was on LSD or something I can’t see this.
Someone else is involved I think. Maybe they followed her out of MB and ran her off the road, then they took her and torched her car. They may have kept her for a day or she ran and they cornered her up there. That’s a crazy way to kill somebody though. And why would somebody take her unless it was sexually motivated, but LE hasn’t mentioned anything like that. But then they haven’t said much of anything.

This article I referenced used the phrase "multiple blunt force injuries," as in more than one. But neither article directly quote the coroner or the report.

"Sheridan Wahl, a Florida college student who was reported missing in Myrtle Beach before being found dead in Florence County, died from multiple blunt force injuries due to a fall, according to the Florence County Coroner’s Office.

Read more at: https://www.heraldsun.com/news/state/north-carolina/article255844871.html

I agree someone else was involved. Her car was torched and found on Sunday, the same day she went missing. She was not located until the Tuesday following. Was she outside the training tower for two full days or was she with someone during that time?

Body of missing 21-year-old last seen in Myrtle Beach found in Florence County; SLED investigating

At this point I feel maybe 50% that she was irrational in the call with her mom, that there is some error in the reporting of the early timeline, that Sheridan was or had recently been in the car when it went into the corn field and that she went up in the tower and went off largely on account of her mental state.

That mental state might have been intoxication or psychosis or depression or fury. Tox report? Mom please make a new statement?

She might have been alone or she might have had someone with her who may have just been a party friend or who may have had malicious intent. From simple irresponsibility all the way to conspiracy or even active homicide. Police statement with more details about how its known she left the city "safely"?

This case is just weird. Why is South Carolina so weird about this? Does the party atmosphere extend to young adults having the freedom to die under fairly bizarre circumstances and it go officially unexplained?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back