Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
"Deputies found Wahl’s burgundy 2018 Toyota Corolla burned in a cornfield at 1:56 p.m. on Sept. 19 off of Keith Lane in Scranton, S.C., a town with a population of about 900, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office report. That was just an hour after anyone last heard from Wahl."
https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article254583242.html

Based on this statement in the article, something happened to SW within an hour of her Facetiming with her mom. That's a very short window.

This timeline is so tight.

Has it been confirmed that Sheridan had the car in her possession when she was at the Scooter shop?

Could she have loaned her vehicle to someone?

Could her vehicle have been stolen and she didn’t even know it was gone when she was talking to her mom?

I know these scenarios are out there but trying to figure out how to open up the timeline a bit.

Has it been confirmed that Sheridan had the car in her possession when she was at the Scooter shop?

Could her vehicle have been stolen and she didn’t even know it was gone when she was talking to her mom?

I know these scenarios are out there but trying to figure out how to open up the timeline a bit.

I kept getting tripped on this because I was thinking “but she told her mom she was going to drive back home”

…but if she didn’t know yet that it was stolen….hmmm.

but then, what are the odds her car gets stolen AND she is killed within the same day?! That would be terrible luck.

I kept getting tripped on this because I was thinking “but she told her mom she was going to drive back home”

but then, what are the odds her car gets stolen AND she is killed within the same day?! That would be terrible luck.

I know right.

I think we are missing a great deal of information.

1. What was her state of mind at the time?
2. Why did she want to rent the scooter?
3. Was her father expecting her?
4. Did Sheridan suffer from mental illness perhaps with manic episodes?
5. Did Sheridan have a substance abuse issue?
6. She made it to MB. Why didn’t she go and visit her Dad?
7. Does MB LE have video of Sheridan in her vehicle leaving MB? Was anyone else in the car?

This is a quick scenario that could work in the timeline.

IF Sheridan met someone, and perhaps did drugs with them in her vehicle and overdosed quickly, that person may have panicked, dumped her, drove away and torched the car. There’s no accounting what people do when they aren’t thinking straight.

The fact that the autopsy was inconclusive leads me to suspect a drug overdose.

MOO

The timeline is really tight. And if the car was stolen without her in it how did she end up 45 miles away from MB and 10 miles from the burned out wreck. If it wasn't stolen she could have been driving by herself, erratically and ended up in the cornfield. Didn't the caller who discovered her body mention lividity? Blood pooling is visible within 2 hours of death with maximum lividity between 8 to 12 hours. Her body wasn't found for nearly 2 days after the car was discovered. That could suggest she was alive but injured for at least 30 hours before she expired. I'm basing that time frame from Sunday around 1:00 pm to Tuesday 8:30 am taking into account livor mortis. I really wish we had more to go on based on autopsy results.

There seem to be several possibilities:
1) she was pulled over while driving back (fake LE, fake accident, etc), kidnapped, and her car burned and she was taken somewhere else. But, why would perps disguise the car but leave her body where it could be found
2) She voluntarily left MB with someone else who had planned an abduction, but had an nefarious plan. But still, why burn the car but leave her body somewhere it could be found.
or
3) The timeline is wrong. The police report on the car is probably accurate as for time, but we have no verification of the time of the FaceTime call.

I have a suspicion that whatever happened, the body was meant to be found, but all traces of the perpetrator were not. But there is the problem with motive. If sexual assault was the intention, why leave the body where it could easily be found? If car theft was the intention, why was the car burned? If someone needed the car to escape from another person, why kidnap SW? If it was a drug overdose, who was driving, and why separate the body and car by 10 miles?

I suspect LE is withholding a lot of information that would clarify the situation. Especially since they seem to be not requesting information from the public.

Assuming the timeline is accurate, one plausible explanation for both that very short window and her sudden trip to Myrtle Beach under questionable reasons is that perhaps someone had borrowed her car in Florida, driven it to Myrtle and were refusing to bring it back. That could also explain the Instagram post (assuming she used an old picture of herself in the car). The Instagram post might have been a warning that she was going to call the cops. The person may have told her something like "You'll have to come to Myrtle to get it" so she did (somehow). The person told her that they would pick her up and take her to her car which they immediately set on fire in the corn field, drove into the city, picked her up, destroyed her phone and she died or was killed some time later. Maybe the unspoken reason for whatever drama s happening at the rental place wasn't because she was intoxicated but rather because she was furiously angry and had just had a confrontation with that person. Then, assuming she was about to get her car back, FaceTimed with her mom to tell her she'd be home and give some story that didn't quite add up. Mom might have wanted her to stay the night there to give her a chance to calm down.

There seem to be several possibilities:
1) she was pulled over while driving back (fake LE, fake accident, etc), kidnapped, and her car burned and she was taken somewhere else. But, why would perps disguise the car but leave her body where it could be found
2) She voluntarily left MB with someone else who had planned an abduction, but had an nefarious plan. But still, why burn the car but leave her body somewhere it could be found.
or
3) The timeline is wrong. The police report on the car is probably accurate as for time, but we have no verification of the time of the FaceTime call.

I have a suspicion that whatever happened, the body was meant to be found, but all traces of the perpetrator were not. But there is the problem with motive. If sexual assault was the intention, why leave the body where it could easily be found? If car theft was the intention, why was the car burned? If someone needed the car to escape from another person, why kidnap SW? If it was a drug overdose, who was driving, and why separate the body and car by 10 miles?

I suspect LE is withholding a lot of information that would clarify the situation. Especially since they seem to be not requesting information from the public.

I agree 100% with everything you have said.

What we DO know, doesn’t make sense.

If someone was with Sheridan doing drugs and she overdosed, I could see someone panicking and dumping her out of the car and wanting her to be found. The problem with someone who may have been with her is that their fingerprints and evidence of them can be found in the car. So dump her and torch the car and get out of there.

I’m not sure anyone wanted the car. I’m not sure anyone was after her either.

It hasn’t been ruled a homicide and the autopsy was inconclusive. I’m assuming no sexual assault as well.

It doesn’t leave us with much.

I agree that LE has much more info than we know.

Did Sheridan have any friends in MB?

On Page 20 of this thread, someone posted the link to Sheridan's memorial service. At the 46:40 mark, her friend from high school made several remarks about what can be learned from this tragedy. Paraphrasing, she mentioned people raising boys/men to respect women, women to love but proceed cautiously, and those in darkness to look for the light. This is all so tragic and I feel bad for Sheridan's family and friends.

Last edited:
Her body was found 2 days AFTER the car was burned. Isn't it possible that she had been held somewhere for 2 days prior to being placed behind the firestation? It seems to me that that same firestation would have responded to the car fire and should have found her that day if she was there.

So I think everyone assuming her car just plowed through a huge dense cornfield with stalks so high as tall as people in almost a perfectly straight line for a quarter of a mine is false.

It is a complete right angle off of the highway and you wouldn't be able to make that turn if you didn't slow down very slowly and then there is not enough of "running start" to speed up quickly enough to plow through them.

I believe that was always there and could have been cut down by a combine because in the photo of the path you can clearly see that there is a small driveway off the highway leading up to that cleared path.

When you go to that exact spot on google maps you can see it as well and then when you go to the street view you can see that path was already there and the piles of material they used to construct that small driveway leading up to that path. It was not created by her car.

244759388_10110205820595670_8000299458573866874_n.jpg

246494311_10110205823340170_3474195801462415348_n.jpg

245534663_10110205822377100_260934003994664573_n.jpg

244911113_10110205830495830_3804088902834110108_n.jpg

So I think everyone assuming her car just plowed through a huge dense cornfield with stalks so high as tall as people in almost a perfectly straight line for a quarter of a mine is false.

It is a complete right angle off of the highway and you wouldn't be able to make that turn if you didn't slow down very slowly and then there is not enough of "running start" to speed up quickly enough to plow through them.

I believe that was always there and could have been cut down by a combine because in the photo of the path you can clearly see that there is a small driveway off the highway leading up to that cleared path.

When you go to that exact spot on google maps you can see it as well and then when you go to the street view you can see that path was already there and the piles of material they used to construct that small driveway leading up to that path. It was not created by her car.

244759388_10110205820595670_8000299458573866874_n.jpg

246494311_10110205823340170_3474195801462415348_n.jpg

245534663_10110205822377100_260934003994664573_n.jpg

244911113_10110205830495830_3804088902834110108_n.jpg
I've driven through corn before. It lays down pretty easy, people make crop circles quickly with boards and their body weight. I wasn't in a Corolla but I wanted to drive back out again rather than just driving in as far as I could and torching my vehicle.

On the other hand, I have never in my life seen a six foot wide combine.

I have. We called it a bush hog though. :D
I actually googled after this and discovered that there are six foot wide combines. I've seen plenty of combines, I even live in a rural enough area that the mall has a farm equipment show but I've never seen one in person. People do have brush hogs I suppose but I still can't imagine any logical reason someone would mow a crooked path exactly as wide as a car through crops then carefully back out of the path again (since there's no indication of a turn around)

I've driven through corn before. It lays down pretty easy, people make crop circles quickly with boards and their body weight. I wasn't in a Corolla but I wanted to drive back out again rather than just driving in as far as I could and torching my vehicle.

On the other hand, I have never in my life seen a six foot wide combine.

I've never seen anybody make crop circles with 6 foot high corn rows. Crop circles are created in grain fields. I would be pretty impressed if two guys could make complicated designs using boards and their body weight in a corn field a few hours in one night. I saw crop circles in Wiltshire about 20 years ago. Amazing designs - in wheat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko
Back