SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even IF the officer believed that the victim took his taser...
That STILL doesn't justify shooting him in the back as he ran away.
It was a TASER not an AK47! :twocents:

Walter Scott's mother appears to be a lovely, forgiving soul.

She says she holds no hate, and forgives the man who shot her son because she depends on her God.

I wish I could be more like her.

I heard the officer meant to draw his taser and drew his pistol by mistake and fired.

I am thinking this is not true. Not sure your source, but having seen the video......God have mercy on his soul.

I am thinking this is not true. Not sure your source, but having seen the video......God have mercy on his soul.

:sigh:

Again, this was referring to another case where a 73 year old deputy shot a suspect instead of tasing him.
There are so many of the cases that TrackerSam just got them confused.
I wish we could clean up the thread and remove all references to it but I think it's too late.

'To see my son running, it just tore my heart to pieces':
Mother sobs as she talks of struggle to watch video of her son being shot dead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-video-son-shot-white-South-Carolina-cop.html

EXCLUSIVE: 'You took my Walter, why why why?'
Hysterical fiancée had to be torn away as Walter Scott's body lay lifeless on the grass after he was shot dead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...grass-shot-dead-white-South-Carolina-cop.html

I can't imagine burying my child. My parents lost two children before I was born due to birth trauma/ premature birth.

They never could speak of those babies without crying, even years later. It took a big piece of their hearts. My dad said it was the most unnatural thing, for a parent to bury their child.

I have only one child. If I lost her, I would not want to live. I just wouldn't.

Prayers and love to Walter's mother.

:sigh:

Again, this was referring to another case where a 73 year old deputy shot a suspect instead of tasing him.
There are so many of the cases that TrackerSam just got them confused.
I wish we could clean up the thread and remove all references to it but I think it's too late.

Aha! Thank you for clearing this up. I was a bit "whaaaaa?" because the video was so clear, but now I see there was another case, which is being confused with this one!

Here we go again! What is the hold-up on body cams? ALL LE needs them ASAP!

Hope this can be dealt with locally and without the interference and intrusion of the DOJ and other politicians and the various agitators who showed up for Ferguson.

Come to think of it, the live-streamers are probably gearing themselves up for action.

Hope this can be dealt with locally and without the interference and intrusion of the DOJ and other politicians and the various agitators who showed up for Ferguson.

Come to think of it, the live-streamers are probably gearing themselves up for action.

According to the AC360, it is also an issue of TURNING ON the body cams. Were I a cop, I would dern tootin have my cam on every minute of my shift.

I can't think of ANY reason not to. No legit reason.

This camera grab was from a bystander. Why wouldn't the officer have his own cam activated unless he was hoping to hide something?

and until we see it second by second, how do we know the Officer didn't drop it, thinking Mr. Scott took his taser.... Where it gets really good, you see the Officer going back and picking something up and then dropping it by Mr. Scott..... The Officer had the thought to cover his Arse!

There is no doubt the officer picks up the tazer and calmly walks over to the person he just shot in the back and then he drops the tazer right near the body. There is no doubt the officer did this to manipulate the scene and make it look like the guy was the one who had taken his tazer.

There is no doubt whatsoever of the reason that officer picked up that tazer and PLANTED it near the body.

That in and of itself is showing the officer knew he was in the wrong by shooting the unarmed guy in the back.

And on the video you can hear multiple shots in rapid progression. The guy starts falling down about the 3rd shot and the officer just keeps on shooting him in the back. So now you have excessive force with a likelihood of death since the guy was already in the process of falling down and he gets hit with about 3 more shots on his way down.
It was like the cop was trying to make sure he killed him so the guy could not recover and dispute the events.

I am thankful for the brave person who took the video. He is lucky the officer didnt spot him. Because if he had I would not be surprised if the officer would have ran over and forefully taken his cell phone from him.

And another thing about the alleged ground contact with the 2 of them before the video starts. It was said that the tazer was deployed and the guy was struggling to get away. Well, what the officers and their policies fail to take into account is a critical thing I have noticed with the use of mace or tazers. When some people get shot with a tazer or get sprayed with mace, then your body will sometimes have a natural and involuntary reaction to get away from the pain.

I get so upset in watching some police videos where they just blasted someone with mace or a tazer and then they start yelling at them to quit resisting. HELLO??? Its not like you can control your body when someone is hurting you. Your body will react involuntarily to get away from the pain of the mace or the tazer. Its not like your body wants to stay there and say "hit me with another".

So some of these sort of incidents where a person who is sprayed by mace or shot with a tazer I can fully understand a person wanting to get away from it.

With all that said, that could be the reason the guy ran in the first place if they did have a skirmish on the ground before the video starts.

Or it could even be worse and the cop may have told the guy he was fixing to kill him and that could be why the guy ran. We have no idea what happened so I am giving the benefit of doubt to the dead guy who was shot in the back by a cop who we know for a fact was planting evidence near his dead body.

I don't know if this officer had a camera on his person or not (it doesn't sound like he did.)
However, they have ordered more since the murder.

Summey told reporters that the city has ordered an additional 150 body cameras "so every officer on the street" in the city will have one. That is in addition to 101 body cameras already ordered, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-charged-with-murder/index.html

There really are bad people, from ALL walks of life and professions.
To me, this was an execution.
I have Zero empathy for this officer.

Yes, I want him tried for murder. AND, I want him to face whatever punishment any murderer would face.

With that said, my heart is broken,
i am not related to any law enforcement.

But, im pretty sure, that watching this video is beyond heartbreaking, for all of the good guys who take care of us every day

QUANEllieBee;11668996]I am thinking this is not true. Not sure your source, but having seen the video......God have mercy on his soul.[/QUOTE]

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — An eyewitness whose cellphone video put a South Carolina police officer in jail on a murder charge said Wednesday that he did not hear the white officer give any warning before he fired eight times at the back of a black man who can be seen in the footage running away before he falls to the ground.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34150365&ni...-man-before-he-shot-him-8-times&s_cid=queue-8

The dash cam video the police are going to release must have been pretty damning for them to have fired him already and the police attorney withdrawing so quickly. I know the video going around shows a murder, but I am curious about what happened before that video and hopefully they will release the dash cam video. You know it's got to be really bad.

I watched the video earlier today and couldn't believe what I was seeing. My stomach was in knots and my hands were shaking. The victim was about my husband's age and I started crying thinking of any man that age trying to run away. All I know, is my husband would have to be one scared man to try to outrun a cop. I just couldn't believe what looked like the cop's nonchalance. And why was he screaming for Mr. Scott to put his hands behind his back? He had just fired 8 bullets at his back, for crying out loud, what did he think he was going to do? Oh, this was so disturbing...I've never seen anything so flat and emotionless in my life. This was a human being pulled over for a taillight and he was gunned down for what looks like no good reason. I can't figure out WHY, because the cop didn't even look mad or anything, just flat. Thanks for all the links guys. All I can say is, Isn't it aMAzing how different the initial report looks compared to the video? moo

The dash cam video the police are going to release must have been pretty damning for them to have fired him already and the police attorney withdrawing so quickly. I know the video going around shows a murder, but I am curious about what happened before that video and hopefully they will release the dash cam video. You know it's got to be really bad.
I'm curious too, but I can't think of one single scenario that would justify what that cop did. And from the little video and few pictures I've seen of the cop since he has been incarcerated, I'm still not seeing any real emotion. I'd expect him to be torn up about killing a man and worried about what was going to happen to himself and his family. I think he thinks he's going to walk away from this. Who knows, maybe that's what he has been told, because there is plenty of reason to think so, based on similar cases. moo

Documents relating to Michael Slager:

• North Charleston Police Department incident report (PDF): link
  • South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) murder charge press release (PDF): link
  • Supervisor observation of his training (PDF): link
  • Employment application (pdf): link
  • Training records (PDF): link

3202d77f.gif

Shocking video of killing, but criminal case more complicated, analysts say

Shocking video of North Charleston Patrolman Michael Slager fatally shooting 50-year-old Walter Scott as he ran from a traffic stop Saturday resulted in a murder charge and nationwide criticism, but legal experts said the video doesn’t guarantee a conviction.

“You’ve got eight shots fired at a guy who’s running away,” said Charleston School of Law Professor Miller W. Shealy Jr., a former prosecutor. “It is horrific footage and very difficult to watch, and there doesn’t appear to be any excuses.”

But despite the video, said Shealy, “Based on my experience I wouldn’t say any case is easy, or a slam dunk.”

[...]

Wilson said her office is working with the State Law Enforcement Division to prepare to seek an indictment when the Charleston grand jury next meets, in May.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

From my read, it sounds like they're going to convene a grand jury, seeking an indictment? In other words, the same process as the other officer involved shootings. Or, am i misreading this article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap