SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the community will riot and destroy property is really discriminatory IMHO. The family has asked that Rev Sharpton stay away. The community seems to be reacting quite well to the events.

"There has never been a discussion about me attending or participating in the funeral on Saturday, since everyone knows that (National Action Network’s) convention with thousands of delegates is happening in New York and doesn’t end until Saturday night," Sharpton said in a statement, CBS reported.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/al-sharpt...-carolina/2015/04/10/id/637764/#ixzz3Wvrb31u8

Ok but that attorney was acquired by Slager and we can't hold the whole department responsible for what media reports. They did what they were supposed to do. The first response should be to accept the report, read it, and respond. They don't automatically doubt what the officer reports until they have had time to read it. JMHO.

I just don't see evidence of an attempted cover up here.

I meant Slager. He was definitely covering his tracks.

Assuming the community will riot and destroy property is really discriminatory IMHO. The family has asked that Rev Sharpton stay away. The community seems to be reacting quite well to the events.
My fear is not the community, its the outsiders who come in because it is a good opportunity for them to do what they do. I have an investment in the community. I want them to work thru this, peacefully, and understand that what should have happened, has happened. Voicing my opinion is not being discriminatory.

I'm talking in general. This is also a clear risk when you run from someone carrying a gun.

"There has never been a discussion about me attending or participating in the funeral on Saturday, since everyone knows that (National Action Network’s) convention with thousands of delegates is happening in New York and doesn’t end until Saturday night," Sharpton said in a statement, CBS reported.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/al-sharpt...-carolina/2015/04/10/id/637764/#ixzz3Wvrb31u8

His VP of NAN definitely told media Sharpton would attend. I will find the article and post it.

Sounds like the Reverend is a little embarrassed that he was asked to stay away? Womp womp.

Has there been ANY report or evidence this car was stolen? I see people making little references to questioning whether he actually owned the car, implying it could have been stolen? Where is this information coming from?
On the local news here, when asked for drivers licence and car registration, he didn't have any registration and said that he had not yet bought the car. That is an automatic run on the car by the cop, just to see if it is reported stolen. (but that story had to be told by the cop, or maybe on the police car camera)

My fear is not the community, its the outsiders who come in because it is a good opportunity for them to do what they do. I have an investment in the community. I want them to work thru this, peacefully, and understand that what should have happened, has happened. Voicing my opinion is not being discriminatory.

So far rob, your community has acted with absolute decorum. Commendable. If that changes, pretty sure people will recognize where it came from.

If you read the articles, the Reverend states he was not asked to stay away.

What the reverend states, and what Slager states, is not true. Slager is obvious - there is an article posted within the last page or two, paraphrasing 'Stay away Al'.

Pretty clear.

http://www.counton2.com/story/28769463/walter-scotts-funeral-arrangements

Walter Scott's funeral arrangements
By News2 Staff
Posted: Apr 10, 2015 4:36 AM PDT
Updated: Apr 10, 2015 6:52 AM PDT

CHARLESTON, SC -

"Walter Scott's wake will be held ... on Friday. The visitation is open for friends, family and the public."

”The Funeral of Walter Scott will be Saturday, April 11th at 11:00. A.M. ... The funeral is open to the public.”

"This weekend (Saturday), 8 North Charleston United Methodist Churches will hold a prayer vigil at 5:00 P.M. at the site of Walter Scott's shooting ..."

”Civil rights leader, Rev. Al Sharpton is expected to speak about Walter Scott's death at Charity Baptist Church in North Charleston on Sunday

Hopefully no one from the community will show up on Sunday. Nothing but trouble on the horizon. Jmo.

I can agree to a certain extent dodie20 - but the part about cops are used to this, and are trained to deal with it isn't making sense these days. It is common for people to run and should be no big deal - so what's going on? Why are cops shooting at people left, right and center?

Is it me or are male cops doing all the shooting at people on the run these days? Why no female cops? Have to think they are too smart for this. Jmo.
I would guess partly, it's because there are less female cops out there patrolling so the odds just aren't there. I have read about a few female cops in trouble for stuff like this, but they are usually portrayed as kind of jumpy and nervous-like they shouldn't have been a cop in the 1st place. Idk, I think it's probably an individual personality thing. I remember reading about a female cop in New Orleans that was just awful. It sounded like, (if I remember correctly), she was was an awful person who took the job in order to protect her criminal lifestyle. Hopefully, not too many of those applicants slip through the cracks. She was a true psycho. moo

SABBM

Yes, I read that as well. Very sensible. As far as the rioting... time will tell---it would be to that town's detriment if they decide to riot and burn ; but maybe they'll exercise some caution ?

The part that bothers me is where Slager appeared to place something by the deceased --- Wrong on so many levels !!! It's one thing to 'lose your cool' , but when the suspect was down -- he should not have touched anything.
:moo:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034169/Al-Sharpton-denies-banned-Walter-Scott-s-funeral.html

Hmmmm.... embarrassed much Al ?? ;)

That broken tail light story is typical attorney tale-telling,

I don't believe that is attorney tale-telling. For what it is worth, I have been pulled over and quested by the police more then once, and given a warnings for my tail light being out. I do not drive a car without working lights. If my tail light is out, I fix it immediately myself. So when the cops left I checked my lights, and found them all to be illuminating properly.

So I know for a fact that cops do make this stuff up, to pull cars over.

I would guess partly, it's because there are less female cops out there patrolling so the odds just aren't there. I have read about a few female cops in trouble for stuff like this, but they are usually portrayed as kind of jumpy and nervous-like they shouldn't have been a cop in the 1st place. Idk, I think it's probably an individual personality thing. I remember reading about a female cop in New Orleans that was just awful. It sounded like, (if I remember correctly), she was was an awful person who took the job in order to protect her criminal lifestyle. Hopefully, not too many of those applicants slip through the cracks. She was a true psycho. moo

With all due respect how do jumpy, nervous females quality as cops in the first place? Sounds like a stereo-type to me. A male one at that.

I agree with the personality thingy though - but have only seen that attributed to male cops. Neither one of us is putting forward facts though, so jmo.

Have you seen the video with male cops running into a California desert unprepared and with no plan, chasing a guy on horseback, even though there was a helicopter present to advise them where the guy was headed? At least 8 - 10 male cops, no females that I could determine. Gotta figure the females were to smart to put themselves in such a stupid, imo, position. Surely they were waiting for further info before putting themselves in harms way? Atta girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member