SD SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 4, 2019
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
69548156_2593977787330963_6902318813279158272_n.jpg
69921169_2593978083997600_7872380655034695680_n.jpg
69956074_2593978467330895_7146273934944501760_n.jpg

69618112_2593978427330899_9207558302278352896_n.jpg
69692530_2593978530664222_6453732345617842176_n.jpg

SEP 4, 2019
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
69548156_2593977787330963_6902318813279158272_n.jpg
69921169_2593978083997600_7872380655034695680_n.jpg
69956074_2593978467330895_7146273934944501760_n.jpg

69618112_2593978427330899_9207558302278352896_n.jpg
69692530_2593978530664222_6453732345617842176_n.jpg
Wow those photos certainly put things into perspective. Beautiful country but so much rugged area to search :(

Wow those photos certainly put things into perspective. Beautiful country but so much rugged area to search :(
And how!!!!! Imagine trying to search that terrain in the winter time? I can't say enough about all of the searchers back then. Also, kudos to that restaurant that donated a nice hot meal every day for them and a chance to sit down and warm up. So many wonderful people involved in searching for her- bless their hearts.

I know this is a ridiculous long shot, but here goes:

So some of the search dogs have picked up Serenity's scent- a deceased scent, unfortunately. Is it possible that she might have been killed by someone out there where they are picking up the scent of her death, and that person responsible moved her body to another location?

I know there are some cases where killers have moved bodies in the past. Could this be why they have a scent, but no evidence of her- a boot, sock, something, and most of all, no body?

I know it's a long shot, but it just has me wondering.

In
I know this is a ridiculous long shot, but here goes:

So some of the search dogs have picked up Serenity's scent- a deceased scent, unfortunately. Is it possible that she might have been killed by someone out there where they are picking up the scent of her death, and that person responsible moved her body to another location?

I know there are some cases where killers have moved bodies in the past. Could this be why they have a scent, but no evidence of her- a boot, sock, something, and most of all, no body?

I know it's a long shot, but it just has me wondering.

In February there would be no scent for at least four days and probably more due to the delayed decomposition. If the temperature was below freezing for an extended time there would be little to no decomposition. The killer would have to wait weeks in your scenario. Not likely.

In

In February there would be no scent for at least four days and probably more due to the delayed decomposition. If the temperature was below freezing for an extended time there would be little to no decomposition. The killer would have to wait weeks in your scenario. Not likely.
Thank you, @Falcon500.

So thankful for the many dogs and their handlers searching for Serenity. Also for the many volunteers who are giving time to help find this precious child.

May she be found before winter starts setting in. She has already spent enough time out in the bitter cold.

I don't know that the rare scent or reaction they have even gotten has necessarily been confirmed to be that of Serenity in particular has it? I can't recall but I don't think that has ever been stated...

It is a rugged terrain but we have been told by many that she could not have gotten far which would limit the area--if she ran on her own and died from the elements that is.

Not in response to any particular posts just general observations/questions/opinion.

And jmo.

@PommyMommy does an excellent job updating this thread with Sheriff Office releases. Thank you!

IMO, the only dogs that would be out there searching under an official capacity for Serenity are HRD dogs (Human Remains Detection). That's their focus - human remains. Smelly decaying critters, other dogs scents, live sweaty human scents, animal scat, as an example, they can smell it but disregard it. It doesn't matter.

It's been reported by the Sherriff's office, if I recall correctly in separate releases, that several dogs over the last couple of months are alerting. My take away, is that it's human remains but the original source has not been found yet. Scent travels, the surroundings, environment & wind all impact the way scent moves. Ideally, you would be looking for remains in a building with all the windows and doors closed but we know that most searches are not this way.

Also, IMO, it cannot be said the scent belongs to Serenity or anyone specific. Human remains can belong to anyone. If the HRD dogs are alerting, that would be very compelling considering this is within the search area of her PLS. I totally understand their big push to bring in countless resources and keep boots on the ground.

IMO, someone is sadly deceased out there. I personally believe it's Serenity.

SEP 13, 2019
Serenity Dennard's family raises money to support searchers

Still0913_000032.jpg

Serenity Dennard's family thanks officials, volunteers, and dogs for time and effort at a fundraiser in Sturgis (KOTA TV).

[...]

"Every day you just wake up thinking today is going to be the day you're going to find Serenity," said Chad Dennard, Serenity's adoptive father.

We asked Chad what would he want Serenity to hear if she was listening to our interview and he said "Little Ms. Serenity, I love you. Come home. We miss you."

[...]

Heather Tullis, Serenity's aunt, says the family is pulling in support the best way they know how.

"They are the ones that are logging the miles and getting out there to find her and they are literally donating all of their free time to finding her and they're not going to stop so we have to keep them going," Tullis said.

[...]

Serenity's adoptive parents have been on the search four times and said the process is difficult alone, and even more daunting not knowing what you might find.

"You go up there and you think 'how can they not find anything?' and then you get up there and you start looking around and how can anybody find somebody up there. There are just so many places she could be," Chad said.

[...]

Crews are set to continue searching this weekend.

Hmm. I am turning myself on mute. It reminds me of a child's dad in another case and the use of news.

Jmo though. Enuf said.
To me, this is different because so much time has gone by. I can understand using the media to keep the investigation and searches too of mind. IMO Very different from guilty family members who give interviews to convince people of their innocence or narcissistic fame wh*res who just like attention regardless of tragic circumstances.

To me, this is different because so much time has gone by. I can understand using the media to keep the investigation and searches too of mind. IMO Very different from guilty family members who give interviews to convince people of their innocence or narcissistic fame wh*res who just like attention regardless of tragic circumstances.

Anything that keeps her in the news is great.

However, the behavior throughout of some I dislike regardless and apparently you feel that way about others.

To each their own :)

Jmo.

Ugh this case really bothers me. I wish it would get picked up by HLN or have a special done....leaving a Children's Home never to be seen again at 9 yrs old is just so wrong.

I follow the Savannah Spurlock case and the scent of her body became overwhelming when the weather warmed up. I know the cadaver dogs hit on something here and there, but if Serenity was in the search area would the scent be quite strong to the searchers as well? How long do bodies smell for and how far does the scent travel (to a regular human nose)?

I have read the articles and know search warrants have been served and leads followed, but the focus seems so heavy on finding her body by the home. But she was last seen on a pubic, yet remote road and the last live scent was by the road! From the beginning I thought what a perfect setup for an opportunist driving by.

In the Salem Sabatka case, it was a hotel clerk that first alerted authorities about a suspicious man and young girl. I don't know what the local media coverage was like, but I truly hope Serenity was presented as a MISSING child, not a runaway lost cause frozen in the woods. Every hotel clerk, gas station attendant, bank teller, in the area should have been on the lookout.

SEP 19, 2019
Children’s Home Society gets new CEO
[...]

The Children’s Home Society has named Michelle Lavallee as new chief executive officer, replacing Bill Colson who retires at the end of the year.

Michelle Lavallee will have her primary office in Sioux Falls but “will be regularly serving within the Black Hills campus as well,” according to a Children’s Home Society release.

[...]

The Black Hills Children’s Home has been under the microscope since the beginning of February, when 9-year-old Serenity Dennard ran away from the home near Rockerville. Despite months of extensive searches, Serenity is still missing.

[...]

Increasing workforce development services and expanding Children’s Inn, an emergency shelter for women and children, are Lavallee’s immediate priorities. according to CHS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back