ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are everywhere! Researching SO's in Rapid City prompted me to check out my own neighborhood. Eye opening and I would suggest everyone check their own areas out!

Serenity. What a beautiful name. Dearest Serenity, I hope you are safe, and warm, and being cared for in a healthy manner. No negative thoughts! Only positive vibes sent to your direction :)

First SO is 10 Minutes away from CHS Pennington:

Crimes Convicted: RAPE-1ST DEGREE
Crime Description: SUBJECT RAPED A 9 YEAR OLD FEMALE.

Second SO is 11 Minutes away:

Crimes Convicted: POSSESS/MANUFACTURE/DISTRIBUTE CHILD *advertiser censored*

Crime Description: CONVICTED OF POSSESS, MANUFACTURE OR DISTRIBUTE CHILD *advertiser censored*.

Third SO is 17 minutes away:

Crime Description: 32 YEAR OLD SUBJECT RAPED 15 YEAR OLD FEMALE.

Fourth SO is 20 minutes away:

Crimes Convicted: CA - LEWD/LASCIVIOUS ACTS

Crime Description: 20 YEAR OLD SUBJECT WAS CONVICTED OF LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS ACTS. THE VICTIM WAS A 7 YEAR OLD FEMALE.

Fifth SO is 31 minutes away:

Crimes Convicted: WA JUVENILE-CHILD MOLESTATION 1

Crime Description: SUBJECT WENT THROUGH JUVENILE COURT IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR CHILD MOLESTATION WHICH INVOLVED AN 11 YR OLD GIRL.

(Source: South Dakota Sex Offender Registry)

The website is glitchy. You will also fill in a capcha to acknowledge understanding usage rules.

ETA: Additional SO's & Note: I would certainly hope they looked into all SO's in the area!
Oh my.... And here is sweet Serenity just walking down the road. Please don't let harm come to her like this!

So the SO I was referring to is literally 8 minutes away and lives in Keystone. So he would need to take Rockville Rd to get anywhere. That is the one that worries me because chances of him being on that road are high.

The other SO posted that raped a 9 yr old girl just sent chills through my spine.

So the SO I was referring to is literally 8 minutes away and lives in Keystone. So he would need to take Rockville Rd to get anywhere. That is the one that worries me because chances of him being on that road are high.

The other SO posted that raped a 9 yr old girl just sent chills through my spine.
Mine too.

Aren't the cadaver dogs from east South Dakota and Colorado arriving today?
One article I saw said Saturday, another said "this weekend".
As for if she would have wandered off the main road, this article on the plane efforts is interesting:

The Civil Air Patrol plane used in the search to find 9-year-old Serenity Dennard

They say they would be able to see footprints in the snow on the terrain, but none were detected. And they went in all directions from the Home.

Welcome to Websleuths, Monkey boy! :)

I could swear I remember reading or hearing that Serenity ran in the opposite direction but I can't seem to find it, so JMO. It may have been in the video with the director of the children's home. ?

In any case, it could be possible that the staff didn't even know Serenity went outside and they spent some time looking inside the building before their search turned outdoors.

Children's home focused on supporting children and staff | Local | rapidcityjournal.com
Dennard and three other children were being supervised by two staff members when one of the other children ran away but stayed inside the building, Colson said. As a staffer ran after that child, Dennard then took off herself, running outside. Because the remaining staff member was still supervising two other children, the staffer stayed put and called for help rather than follow Dennard and leave the others behind.
Welcome to Websleuths, Monkey boy! :)

I could swear I remember reading or hearing that Serenity ran in the opposite direction but I can't seem to find it, so JMO. It may have been in the video with the director of the children's home. ?

In any case, it could be possible that the staff didn't even know Serenity went outside and they spent some time looking inside the building before their search turned outdoors.

Children's home focused on supporting children and staff | Local | rapidcityjournal.com
Dennard and three other children were being supervised by two staff members when one of the other children ran away but stayed inside the building, Colson said. As a staffer ran after that child, Dennard then took off herself, running outside. Because the remaining staff member was still supervising two other children, the staffer stayed put and called for help rather than follow Dennard and leave the others behind.

Yes serenity ran out the door on the opposite of the gym

After Weather Delay, Search Resumes for South Dakota Girl
Recovery teams are resuming their search for a 9-year-old girl who ran away from a residential youth home in South Dakota amid frigid weather last weekend.

The search for Serenity Dennard had been stalled for two days because of a winter storm that hit the region. The girl went missing Sunday in subfreezing temperatures from the Black Hills Children's Home near Rockerville.

The Pennington County Sheriff's Office says if the girl was outside, it's unlikely she survived because she wasn't dressed for the weather. Authorities say their efforts are now focused on finding her body.

On Friday, searchers headed back outside with specially trained dogs to go over the territory near the children's home. Additional dogs and handlers are expected to arrive from out-of-state for the weekend.

Crime Description: CONVICTED OF POSSESS, MANUFACTURE OR DISTRIBUTE CHILD *advertiser censored*.

Crime Description: 20 YEAR OLD SUBJECT WAS CONVICTED OF LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS ACTS. THE VICTIM WAS A 7 YEAR OLD FEMALE.

Crime Description: SUBJECT WENT THROUGH JUVENILE COURT IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR CHILD MOLESTATION WHICH INVOLVED AN 11 YR OLD GIRL.

The website is glitchy. You will also fill in a capcha to acknowledge understanding usage rules.

ETA: Additional SO's & Note: I would certainly hope they looked into all SO's in the area!

Sickening. Would staff at the school be aware of how many SO's there are in the area?

One article I saw said Saturday, another said "this weekend".
As for if she would have wandered off the main road, this article on the plane efforts is interesting:

The Civil Air Patrol plane used in the search to find 9-year-old Serenity Dennard

They say they would be able to see footprints in the snow on the terrain, but none were detected. And they went in all directions from the Home.
They're resuming the search today (see post #392) and additional dogs and handlers are arriving tomorrow.

"Search and Rescue Team Leader Tammy Stadel told KOTA that seven dogs teams -- typically one dog and one handler -- are coming in from out of the area to join the search on Saturday.

All of the out-of-area dog teams are trained to detect people who are deceased."

Search for missing 9-year-old to resume Friday

I don't know why but I am getting a strange feeling about Serenity that someone wanted her to be missing. Not pointing fingers at family or making hints toward anyone person specifically
It's just this odd feeling I cannot shake :eek::confused:

After Weather Delay, Search Resumes for South Dakota Girl
Recovery teams are resuming their search for a 9-year-old girl who ran away from a residential youth home in South Dakota amid frigid weather last weekend.

The search for Serenity Dennard had been stalled for two days because of a winter storm that hit the region. The girl went missing Sunday in subfreezing temperatures from the Black Hills Children's Home near Rockerville.

The Pennington County Sheriff's Office says if the girl was outside, it's unlikely she survived because she wasn't dressed for the weather. Authorities say their efforts are now focused on finding her body.

On Friday, searchers headed back outside with specially trained dogs to go over the territory near the children's home. Additional dogs and handlers are expected to arrive from out-of-state for the weekend.
Outdoor searches. That leads to mixed feelings. I want them to find her, but not outdoors.
But it seems the few houses up the road (a mile or so) in the direction she was heading have already been searched for signs that she may have found shelter, to no avail. There just have been no signs of her anywhere.

Do we know for a fact that the SO exists? My original post on the subject was me asking a question about the possible presence of one. Other than the post I read here, I haven't seen any independent information about whether there even is one? I still haven't had that question answered.
I am so sorry- for some reason, I thought it was you who said earlier in the thread that there was an SO about 8 minutes away from the home. I must have been tired and misread your post!

OMG, that's quite a list. Thank you so much for posting this. Giving me the goosebumps.

Ah, thanks, flashy09- it was you that brought this up earlier in the thread. This is who I was concerned about, being so close to the home. 8 minutes isn't far away for an SO, especially if they are aware of a Children's Home up the road, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho