Seaching for Anna - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic: Most of you probably already know this but I found it interesting. This is just FYI, for anyone who would like to know how old UIDs actually end up in CODIS. This cold case detective was very helpful and a really nice guy. I'll paraphrase his comments, as I was taking notes as quickly as I could.

"We have hundreds of UIDs in our system from the 60's, 70's and the early 80's that have not been entered into the CODIS network, simply because DNA didn't exist to us in that time frame. If the Doe Network or other UID web sites says DNA is available, it usually means that the body was buried and not cremated, in which it can be exhumed to harvest DNA. With time constraints and budget issues we only exhume a body after a preliminary investigation with the family of a missing person and we (LE & family) feels it warranted."

He went on to say that after the a body is exhumed, and if it's not a match with the intended missing, then the DNA goes into CODIS, and they try to get various sites updated relaying the information.

INH, is there anything more you found out about this person? (Sherlock)
Actually, This person has the exact birthdate, BUT, to date I cannot trace if she is carrying a maiden or married name, at least not yet. Because Brody was able to change his identity successfully (theory) I think he was able to instruct how to change Anna's...so I think if we find out what exactly he did, we will know how he changed Anna's and that will help us a great deal...and so I keep working...will post more when I know more...

INH, is there anything more you found out about this person? (Sherlock)
Actually, This person has the exact birthdate, BUT, to date I cannot trace if she is carrying a maiden or married name, at least not yet. Because Brody was able to change his identity successfully (theory) I think he was able to instruct how to change Anna's...so I think if we find out what exactly he did, we will know how he changed Anna's and that will help us a great deal...and so I keep working...will post more when I know more...

This particular woman used to live in Pa. It appears her married name is Waters.

I spoke with Marri at the ISRR a couple weeks back to see if it was worthwhile to send in an application in this circumstance. She explained they use a 10 point matching system. So, for example, if Anna is using a different date of birth, she would not be eliminated immediately. Marri also told me that "if" they find a match, it's usually within a couple weeks. I then sent Annasmom the information and found out that she had already sent the application when INH posted this. The sad part now is that Annasmom has not heard back from ISRR, which tells me they were not able to find a match.

I must have missed this post earlier. I have to comment. I have helped several people find loved ones separated by adoption and can think of two cases where one party had registered quite some time before the second party along and matched. Both times, the first parties felt like they had wasted time only to be nicely surprised later. One was almost five years, the other was about 2 or so. So, I guess you never know. There are many people who search who really do know so little and even though I have been skeptical that it was even worth it registering, it can indeed be. There are so many adoptees that feel unable to search until their adoptive parents have passed on.

MTCW

"This particular woman used to live in Pa. It appears her married name is Waters"(Sherlock)

The woman I am working on Never lived in Pa.

Medusa, I agree, I have heard of several folks as well that have contacted years later..its definitely worth it to be registered! You never know, it could be a great thing! :-)

I must have missed this post earlier. I have to comment. I have helped several people find loved ones separated by adoption and can think of two cases where one party had registered quite some time before the second party along and matched. Both times, the first parties felt like they had wasted time only to be nicely surprised later. One was almost five years, the other was about 2 or so. So, I guess you never know. There are many people who search who really do know so little and even though I have been skeptical that it was even worth it registering, it can indeed be. There are so many adoptees that feel unable to search until their adoptive parents have passed on. MTCW

Perhaps I wasn't clear what I posted. When an adoptee or birthfamily sends in an application to the ISRR, their application is kept on file FOREVER. So if the birthfamily sent their application in a long time ago and the adoptee just now sends in his/her application, it usually takes about two weeks to go thru all the applications to find a possible match. Most states have been entered into their computer at ISRR with the exception of a few. CA & NY just to name a couple, but they are in the process of adding them into their computer system.

Did anyone in Anna's family ever lovingly call her call her by the nickname Anna Anana, or Anna Banana? (I sometimes call my niece Hannah Banana). Did Dr. Waters have any ties with Standford University? Did she ever visit the annual Mission Carnival? If so, would these be things she might remember? Oh...and what are the odds that Anna might have to ware glasses at some point in time? Thank you to anyone who may be able to answer.

Did anyone in Anna's family ever lovingly call her call her by the nickname Anna Anana, or Anna Banana? (I sometimes call my niece Hannah Banana). Did Dr. Waters have any ties with Standford University? Did she ever visit the annual Mission Carnival? If so, would these be things she might remember? Oh...and what are the odds that Anna might have to ware glasses at some point in time? Thank you to anyone who may be able to answer.
Joe Ford used to call her Anna Banana. Dr. Waters had no ties to Stanford. The Mission Carnaval started many years after Anna disappeared, but it is possible she may have attended a Bernal Heights fair. Chances are pretty good that she might have to wear glasses, since I am blind as a bat without mine. (Her father never wore glasses; one of my sons is near-sighted and the other doesn't wear glasses.)(There is a performance artist who calls herself Anna Banana. She is not our girl; she's much too young...looks like a fascinating person, though.)

Thank you for your quick response

There used to be a family picture of Anna Sitting on Annasmom lap floating around, has that picture been removed? I can't find it anywhere.

iW, are you in touch with a person who was born in CA?

Annasunc is going to contact the artist to see if we can pry another age- progression of Anna to the age of 17 or 18. We would love to be able to use this with high school yearbooks.
I am in contact with an forensic artist who would do it if you need her to. Her name is Karen Elyse White. She just did Lori Peugeot's progressions to the ages of 4,10, 16 and 21. Someone let me know if you want me to contact her.

I am in contact with an forensic artist who would do it if you need her to. Her name is Karen Elyse White. She just did Lori Peugeot's progressions to the ages of 4,10, 16 and 21. Someone let me know if you want me to contact her.
Absolutely, itsreenw; we'd really appreciate it. SherlockJr's husband thinks it would be good to post a high school-age picture on Classmates.com which people could compare to their yearbook pictures.

iW, are you in touch with a person who was born in CA?

I don't know where she was born yet. All I know FOR SURE is her name is Anna, She looks kind of Hippie/Artsy she lives near Palo Alto, she will be 40 this year, and she has some sort of a gluten (Wheat protein) intolerance, (maybe celiac not sure). Her hair is light brown wavy & she wares glasses, thin and average height (5'5" ish).

I don't know where she was born yet. All I know FOR SURE is her name is Anna, She looks kind of Hippie/Artsy she lives near Palo Alto, she will be 40 this year, and she has some sort of a gluten (Wheat protein) intolerance, (maybe celiac not sure). Her hair is light brown wavy & she wares glasses, thin and average height (5'5" ish).

Searching for any Anna born in 1967 living in Palo Alto, I have 2 names that came up in the results.

Here's the first of 40 candles to blow out after making your wish. Our wish is to find you! (I never realized we had a limit of smilies we were allowed to use.)

:HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday

Here's the last ...
:HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday

I'd like to share a poem that was posted on my MySpace page from user "Martin's Mom":

Happy Birthday Anna!

Where ever you may be
May you hopefully soon see
Your way back home
To your Mom you used to know
For each year you've been gone
has been one day too long
Your Mom loves and misses you each day
Every second along the way
Happy Birthday Anna dear
Please come home this year!

mary l cross