Search Warrant Sought Items From Anthony Home Dec. 20th

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I was a child I thought monsters lived in my closet. At night I'd have to sneak out of bed and take a peek to prove to myself that they weren't really there. Of course I was ready to take off running if one of them reached out to grab me when I opened the door.

One look was all it took to convince me that my fears were silly and that the monsters existed nowhere but in my imagination. I think it was the same way for George when he looked in the trunk. He may even have laughed at himself for having such a ridiculous thought.

BUT could you smell the monsters...that is the question:crazy:

Using that same logic, I would think the detectives who went to the Anthony home on the night of the 16th would have also recognized the smell and would have impounded the car on the spot, yet they didn't.

Actually this is something I never even thought of..hmmm

Using that same logic, I would think the detectives who went to the Anthony home on the night of the 16th would have also recognized the smell and would have impounded the car on the spot, yet they didn't.

True enough! Did we know if the detective looked at the car in question that same night?

Did cindy throw a few air freshners and freshly fabreeze it just prior to their arrival?

We know for a fact the car was brought home, and the A's returned to work without contacting LE immediately.

According to LA they were airing out the car in the garage when he arrived to confront Casey, prior to calling LE..

From what I can remember they didn't send homicide police the night LE were called, it was a different division.

It just seems all too weird. I personally have smelled decomp, and it's a smell you never ever forget.

When I was a child I thought monsters lived in my closet. At night I'd have to sneak out of bed and take a peek to prove to myself that they weren't really there. Of course I was ready to take off running if one of them reached out to grab me when I opened the door.

One look was all it took to convince me that my fears were silly and that the monsters existed nowhere but in my imagination. I think it was the same way for George when he looked in the trunk. He may even have laughed at himself for having such a ridiculous thought.

They DO live in the closet.

But when you're looking for them they hide with the lost socks.

I don't know about you, but if I got in my kid's car and it smelled bad the absolute last thing that would go through my mind is that they killed someone and hid the dead body in the trunk, especially when I didn't have any real reason to believe that anyone was dead or missing. I would, just like Cindy, start cleaning out the car in an attempt to find and remove the source of the odor. Sheesh, if having a stinky car was a crime, my sons would have a record as long as your arm. I only wish I could have had them arrested when their rooms stunk.

There is no reason whatsoever to believe that there was any evidence on those pants other than the decomp smell that permeated the entire car. People refuse to believe George's story about Casey wearing those particular pants on the day Caylee disappeared, yet they insist that, because Casey was wearing them that day, they must have contained evidence. For the life of me I can't figure that one out.

Someone posted a video to Cindy's explanation about the hair brush as well as the clothing and it makes perfect sense. I hope whoever it was reads this and will post the link again. The brush is such a non-issue anyway. LE asked Cindy for a brush with Caylee's hair and she gave them one voluntarily, along with many other items containing Caylee's DNA. She wasn't trying to hide anything or mislead anyone. Yuri knew up front that it was a brush used by both Casey and Caylee.

It was Simon B, not George, who threw the trash bag in the dumpster. That's what most people do with smelly trash. They don't save it in case they might learn later that a crime was committed and the trash might be considered evidence....although I'll try using that excuse next trash day and see how far it gets me.

Have the A's cooperated completely? Probably not, but I don't think the extent of their non-cooperation is nearly as great as some posters here like to believe it is. They have done nothing to hinder the prosecution in their case against Casey and have willingly provided much evidence and information that will be used against her.

Chilly, that's not what I was saying. I never once suggested that GA or Ca originally thought KC killed someone, not in the least. What I did say is that they both know the smell of a dead corpse and they must know that KC could have been involved in something by the smell of the car. I do know the smell of a dead corpse, as a matter of fact on more than one occasion, and it is a smell like no other. It cannot be confused with the smell of anything else. That's why I stated that they should have called LE right away. I absolutely mean no disrespect to you whatsoever, so please do not misconstrue this for being argumentative, I'm only trying to sort through the facts just as much as you are. Keeping in mind that we are not privy to all of the evidence collected thus far, we can only deduce based on our opinions only. One opinion is not more right than another's, however, what about if Law Enforcement actually looks here to check out some working theories of ours? Wouldn't it feel good to have been able to help out or be a part of it? Having said that, if in fact KC is innocent and not guilty like I think she is, then wouldn't it equally be nice to have helped out the Defense? If us posters go back and forth with mundane views of saying the same thing over and over again, eventually getting lost in the several thousands of posts collectively gathered by multiple posters, how could that in fact help anybody? I really do agree with you on several aspects regarding this case, but I respectfully disagree with the your point of view regarding the A's forthcoming and compliance in relation to handing over evidence...and or contaminating evidence erroneously...starting when they picked up the car. They both know the smell of a dead body, no matter what either of our opinions are, that's a fact. Hugs & I apologize if I offended you. I mean no harm but I stand strong with knowing myself what a corpse smells like. If you take it all the way back to the beginning, then ultimately one would conclude that they were not forthcoming in the least. Maybe after the pants were taken out of the car and washed, after the knife was taken out of the car, after the bag of trash was thrown away (which by the way I thought GA told LE that he threw something away at their house, also - besides at the tow yard, which is what I was referring to, so sorry if I was mistaken), after CA found AH's phone # in the car, after CA cleaned out some other trash, after the boots were removed and brought inside, etc. It is these actions alone that makes me question their intentions. I feel sorry for them as I believe they were raised to be dysfunctional, as well as passing it onto their children to live the same kind of dysfunctional life, and now there's a beautiful dead angel out there that 100% deserves justice. IMO, it shouldn't matter that KC is their daughter, they should want to find out the truth no matter what. They can still love KC unconditionally even if she's found guilty of murder, so why this level of protection from CA so soon in the game? Shouldn't she be more worried in justice for Caylee? I'm thinking she went into defense mode right away b/c she knows she had something to do with creating the KC that we see on tv, the perp that's in a jail cell as we speak, and maybe CA feels a little guilty about that. IDK, just a thought, and of course moo. Again, thank you for reading.:)

Chilly, with all due respect, when someone is cooperating with someone else, shouldn't they cooperate to the fullest extent with no hidden meaning or agenda? Shouldn't they cooperate purely without contamination? It it my very honest opinion, given the fact that CA is a nurse & GA is an ex cop, they both know the smell of a dead corpse and should have called LE before even leaving the tow yard. To make matters worse, even if it seems superficial, GA contaminated evidence by throwing the trash from the trunk directly into the trash can. CA contaminated evidence (& probably rendered useless) by picking up the gray slacks & washing them b/c they smelled like the car. She also found a knife in the car & took it in the house to wash it. Heck, GA contaminated evidence just by getting into the car & driving it home, knowing it smelled "like a damn dead body's been in the car". Those are CA's words quoted, not mine. So if they knew what the smell was, heck even suspected what the smell was, and given their backgrounds, how could that be seen as cooperating? CA informed that her email was hacked and that was the result of the message regarding the wrong hairbrush. Sure, the A's might have cooperated with some things but definitely not all. Of course this is JMHO and I honestly do not believe they cooperated to the fullest extent, be it willingly, honestly and purely for the sake of little Caylee. In my opinion, they must have suspected all along otherwise they would have called law enforcement right away. Thanks for reading.

My first post! But I've been reading for weeks and I'm addicted to this great site. Anyway, I just have to say, I've been an RN for 25 yrs and I've never smelled a decomposing body. I seen many, many newly deceased bodies, but they are always picked up within an hour or two and taken to a funeral home. But besides that detail, I agree with your post.

I don't know about you, but if I got in my kid's car and it smelled bad the absolute last thing that would go through my mind is that they killed someone and hid the dead body in the trunk, especially when I didn't have any real reason to believe that anyone was dead or missing. I would, just like Cindy, start cleaning out the car in an attempt to find and remove the source of the odor. Sheesh, if having a stinky car was a crime, my sons would have a record as long as your arm. I only wish I could have had them arrested when their rooms stunk.

There is no reason whatsoever to believe that there was any evidence on those pants other than the decomp smell that permeated the entire car. People refuse to believe George's story about Casey wearing those particular pants on the day Caylee disappeared, yet they insist that, because Casey was wearing them that day, they must have contained evidence. For the life of me I can't figure that one out.

Someone posted a video to Cindy's explanation about the hair brush as well as the clothing and it makes perfect sense. I hope whoever it was reads this and will post the link again. The brush is such a non-issue anyway. LE asked Cindy for a brush with Caylee's hair and she gave them one voluntarily, along with many other items containing Caylee's DNA. She wasn't trying to hide anything or mislead anyone. Yuri knew up front that it was a brush used by both Casey and Caylee.

It was Simon B, not George, who threw the trash bag in the dumpster. That's what most people do with smelly trash. They don't save it in case they might learn later that a crime was committed and the trash might be considered evidence....although I'll try using that excuse next trash day and see how far it gets me.

Have the A's cooperated completely? Probably not, but I don't think the extent of their non-cooperation is nearly as great as some posters here like to believe it is. They have done nothing to hinder the prosecution in their case against Casey and have willingly provided much evidence and information that will be used against her.

Bolded by me. I agree with this completely and I'm not one of those A bashing people in a general sense. I feel very sorry for them and have them in my daily prayers. But still, Caylee is the focus...which is why we're all here.

The only problem with this assumption is the fact that GA reiterated what he originally thought in his initial & official videotaped police interview, even went onto saying something about how he "didn't want to think that he could bring such a monster into this world" if KC was even involved. His videotaped interview belies his actions after the fact. Maybe CA was controlling as most people think. Maybe the poor man was broken and couldn't stand on his own without the guidance of his wife. Who really even knows? We can only speculate, but the interview isn't a lie, and it's part of the evidence now.

Actually this is something I never even thought of..hmmm

I thought of this. It's my belief that a search warrant was needed for cadaver dogs to enter the scene and sniff out any evidence, is this true? Do we know if the car was in the garage at that time? Does it even matter? IMO, LE didn't cover all their bases from the beginning. They left a bunch of tiny holes. Hopefully we'll all learn the truth someday and justice will be served.

BOLD BY ME- If I recall correctly, Cindy could not reach her daughter(didn't she think she was in Jacksonville with Jeff H), she had to have Amy take her to where kc was, she also had not spoken or heard Caylee in 31 days. And then there is the my space posting by Cindy on July 3rd that her Caylee was missing, not to mention the comments she made to her coworkers on the day the car was picked up from the tow yard. I think CA did have reason to think someone was missing, perhaps dead.
moo

I thought of this. It's my belief that a search warrant was needed for cadaver dogs to enter the scene and sniff out any evidence, is this true? Do we know if the car was in the garage at that time? Does it even matter? IMO, LE didn't cover all their bases from the beginning. They left a bunch of tiny holes. Hopefully we'll all learn the truth someday and justice will be served.

When they (le) were first called to the Anthony's home, KC told them she spoke to her daughter on the phone that earlier that day, and she also took them on a wild goose chase with her lies about work, addresses for Zanny etc. Once they had grounds, they set about sealing the car and bringing it in. (I am sure once they smelled the car they were immediately suspicious but had to follow protocol as you stated) I am going to look up the date they received the car into evidence.

BOLD BY ME- If I recall correctly, Cindy could not reach her daughter(didn't she think she was in Jacksonville with Jeff H), she had to have Amy take her to where kc was, she also had not spoken or heard Caylee in 31 days. And then there is the my space posting by Cindy on July 3rd that her Caylee was missing, not to mention the comments she made to her coworkers on the day the car was picked up from the tow yard. I think CA did have reason to think someone was missing, perhaps dead.
moo

I'm asking this because I don't really know: Assuming GA did recognize the odor of a dead body and did think that the car could have contained a dead body... could he have imagined that the dead body could have been KC? Did he have any specific reason to fear a dead Caylee instead of a dead Casey?

I'm asking this because I don't really know: Assuming GA did recognize the odor of a dead body and did think that the car could have contained a dead body... could he have imagined that the dead body could have been KC? Did he have any specific reason to fear a dead Caylee instead of a dead Casey?
According to George, he did. He said he wasn't sure if he said it outloud or not, but he was thinking to himself something like please don't let it be my Caylee or Casey in there before he opened the trunk at the tow yard. It was his first and only thought of who could be dead in the trunk.

There is no "assuming" George thought it was decomposition. He said he recognized the smell when he opened the door to the car and leaned over to open the other window.

SS, I thought he said something like "Please don't let this be my grand-daughter."

Why didn't he imagine that he might find both of them dead in the trunk?

I thought he did mention both of them. The point being...why would his first thought be either one of them and only them? (I recall he mentioned her as "My Caylee", btw~)

I can see we are way, way off topic here since we are supposed to be on the subject of the SW.

So...back to the SW. When will we get to see the return or will we?

LE impounded the car on 7/16/08 at 19:46 hours.

Link:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/3710760/Evidence-to-FBI-Casey-Anthony-Jan-2009

ETA: This is in response to poster Chilly Willy post#120 of this thread (forgot to hit quote)
was it ever documented whether or not they taped off the car or restricted access to it between the late hours of the 15th and 19:46 on the 16th? This time lag of taking the car has always bothered me. But if they sealed the car off on the 15th and just did not impound it until the evening of the 16th it would make a bit more sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj
Back