Searches for Lisa Irwin/ merged thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBCActionNews NBC Action News
BREAKING NEWS | FAA officials close airspace over #LisaIrwin search area.
More on NBCActionNews.com

. pub.vitrue.com/lQl

36 seconds ago

From KCPD: Officers are searching the area near 210 Hwy and N Brighton. A no fly zone has been put in effect until 8 p.m.
by Karen Yancey/Staff 10/18/2011 8:20:52 PM 4:20 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bAPVtLcK

I dont recall them ever stopping the copters either, usually they left because they couldnt see anything.. This is odd.. not good at all. Someone said a copter was up though, which feed.. I am assuming they are far enough away though.

I just want them to find something. I don't know if "no fly zone" means anything at this point.

Media was asked not to film yesterday. Yesterday everyone was watching, even though asked not to film. Guessing no media filming is the biggest reason for no fly.

I dont remember about the helicopters. They stopped flying because they couldnt see anything. moo
The area where all of the action 'appears' to be, the helicopters would not be able to see much anyway. Just treetops.

Oh, CARP.. after all the media hullabaloo I wasn't even thinking they may have found something!

The no-fly zone is making me worry that what they have found, is not good. I hope Im wrong.

The no fly may have NOTHING to do with the case specifically.....this area is very close to the KC downtown airport that does have a considerable amount of air traffic to control with small private aircraft, private jets, and even some commercial traffic from shipping companies. Having choppers randomly flying in circles at low altitude would be a nightmare for air traffic controllers and a danger to planes landing and taking off in that area.

I'm shaking like a leaf.

I really do hate the month of October now.

The no fly may have NOTHING to do with the case specifically.....this area is very close to the KC downtown airport that does have a considerable amount of air traffic to control with small private aircraft, private jets, and even some commercial traffic from shipping companies. Having choppers randomly flying in circles at low altitude would be a nightmare for air traffic controllers and a danger to planes landing and taking off in that area.

That has to be it. They don't want media to interfere with regular traffic.

Would locals/reports be able to see the medical examiner van drive in if it is called?

The no fly zone is until 8pm though, so who knows if they found anything and they need that time for CSI to do their jobs. I hate to speculate, well actually i dont hate it at all, I just dont want to in this case. I want this baby found in the worst way though. Its the only way justice will be served.. I hope the news keeps us updated.. They should have a news van parked outside the house that DB and LI are in so we can see what is going on there.

Anyone have any theories as to WHY they would enforce a "no fly zone?" I'm baffled unless LE has just grown weary of the media!! Which I can understand..

They did that in the Zahara case because they did not want anyone to take pictures of any thing they were retrieving. Sadly so. :rose:

I had to go to hospital for 10 days. I just got out yesterday - trying to catch up and find this.
Poor sweet little girl.
I'm afraid this is her and I feel like 12/11/2008 all over again.
:(

Anyone notice that Ft Riley isn't far away from this search area?

Ft. Riley is not close to the KC search area, it is however, very close to Manhattan which is where the supposed sighting of the baby at McAlister's occurred.

I have to go to work, but I do so with a heavy heart. I think I know what the news will be when I get off. Peace be with you all. Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member