Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Anna on her 39th birthday and wishing her well wherever she is. I'm also thinking of her lovely and devoted family and praying they recall the lovely memories Anna's first 5 birthdays brought them.

Happy Birtday Anna!

:woohoo: :blowkiss: :dance: :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :dance::blowkiss: :woohoo:

Annasmom said:
Well, here I am, wiping my eyes and blowing my nose, and on the table next to me is an enormous basket full of peace lilies with a message which says LoLoLo from friends at Websleuths. I am picturing this huge loving heart. Thank you so much.

The "thank you" goes to you, Annasmom. We want to thank you for your courage, dedication, inspiration, and love you have for your family. We want to "thank you" for sharing your life, Anna's life, and your family with us. Even though you have not taught us to play the piano, we want to "thank you" for what you have taught us here in the last year.

Lololo,

Posted Anna's links on the candle forum, there is a discussion board, pop in and say something so that we can keep her name on the top! Maybe someone will see her poster and recognize her, this site is all over the world.

http://my.gratefulness.org/forumid_5/p_1/tmode_1/smode_1/tt.htm

ETA, I thought that was a BUSY website, however, I just looked at the most users online was 28...hmmmm, is there another candle site that I am thinking of??? I'd like to get Annas links out there, but, doesn't seem like much traffic there?

christine2448 said:
Posted Anna's links on the candle forum, there is a discussion board, pop in and say something so that we can keep her name on the top! Maybe someone will see her poster and recognize her, this site is all over the world.

http://my.gratefulness.org/forumid_5/p_1/tmode_1/smode_1/tt.htm

ETA, I thought that was a BUSY website, however, I just looked at the most users online was 28...hmmmm, is there another candle site that I am thinking of??? I'd like to get Annas links out there, but, doesn't seem like much traffic there?
Wonderful idea christine!

I've followed this thread from the beginning, but have never had anything useful to post.

Where is the aged progression photo posted? I was watching TV Saturday evening and I saw a woman they were interviewing and I immediately thought it looked like that aged photo. I hope my eyes weren't playing tricks on me!

PaulaKay said:
I've followed this thread from the beginning, but have never had anything useful to post.

Where is the aged progression photo posted? I was watching TV Saturday evening and I saw a woman they were interviewing and I immediately thought it looked like that aged photo. I hope my eyes weren't playing tricks on me!
PaulaKay, probably the quickest way to see that picture is to look under the Media thread and press the link to the Half Moon Bay Review article. All the age-advanced pictures are in the Searching for Anna download, but it's a big book and you'd have to wade through it to get to the pictures. Thanks for your post.

PaulaKay said:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/176dfca.html

OK, so I've reviewed the aged photo, but I cannot find the photo of the girl on the show I watched. I thought it was America's Most Wanted that appeared on Saturday night. Usually I record the program, but I was home, so I didn't. I went to their website, but didn't find anything.

From what I remember, this woman was a victim of crime in California. All of the men listed on the AMW website for Saturday's show...nothing seems to fit. There is only 1 man that did a crime is CA, and that was in San Diego. That's not the right guy.

I'm fairly positive it wasn't any other show I was watching. I'm so disappointed I cannot find anything!

Sex Offenders:

I have been searching for sex offenders around Half Moon Bay around the time Anna disappeared. I looked up on newspaper archives and found about 2 or 3. Has anyone gone this direction yet? There is still a lot of information to look through. Also, I looked up on www.meganslaw.ca.gov and found about 3 offenders who currently live around Hatch Elementary school but 2 of them are way too young. 1 of them could have been old enough in 1973 but I dont know how long he has lived there. Is there a way you can find sex offenders in the area from 1973 other than on newspaper archives? Thanks in advance!

GraceBlue said:
I have been searching for sex offenders around Half Moon Bay around the time Anna disappeared. I looked up on newspaper archives and found about 2 or 3. Has anyone gone this direction yet?
Grace, please forward to me the names from around 1973 that you have found. Thanks!

GraceBlue said:
...I looked up on www.meganslaw.ca.gov and found about 3 offenders who currently live around Hatch Elementary school but 2 of them are way too young. 1 of them could have been old enough in 1973 but I dont know how long he has lived there.
I looked at the current Megan's List before - no one jumped out as an obvious possibility (not knowing when and where the offenses shown occured is a big flaw in the ML listings). Please send me the name of the one that is old enough and I'll see what info I can find.

One problem is that 30-45 minutes away in eastern San Mateo County there are hundreds of SRO's listed, so there remains the possibilty that any of them could have travelled that far and been involved (too many to investigate each one).

Doogie I sent you an email titled 'Newspaper Articles'

If anyone else is interested in some newspaper articles of sex offenders and kidnapped children in San Mateo County around 1969-1979 that I found, please PM me I will be happy to email them to you as well.

Annasmom said:
The amended birth certificate has a bottom line which says "date on which name added by supplemental name report", and the date is Oct. 3, 1967. The "original informant" has my signature and then the obstetrician's signature, but is not dated. I don't believe I could have made the trek to Public Records only a week after Anna was born, and I don't remember any such trek, so I am pretty sure GW did this, though his signature doesn't appear on the birth certificate. Also, the original "date signed by informant" (me, at the hospital, I believe) is left blank. Remember that I got an official copy of this this past May when we were looking to see if anyone had closed the file because of an adoption.

I found this on a forum for late discovery adoptees (known as LDA):

When California amends birth certificates after the
finalization of an adoption it just creates one that
has the adoptive parents name in the parents field and
Certificate of Live Birth across the top. I had a copy
of my birth certificate ever since I started living on
my own and nothing on it would indicate that it was
amended or that I was adopted.

My oldest daughter has an amended birth certificate
because the hospital clerks took a look at her name
and decided that Reed was a boy's name, therefore she
was a boy. When went to pick up her BC I noticed the
mistake, and they amended it by adding an amendment
certificate, stapled to the original.

Hi all,

I haven't posted much, and have been busy lately, but I am always thinking of Anna. I have been wondering something which maybe Annasmom can answer for me. (Or anyone else who may know the answer to this!) Did Anna write/draw with her left hand or her right hand?

Gina_M said:
Hi all,

I haven't posted much, and have been busy lately, but I am always thinking of Anna. I have been wondering something which maybe Annasmom can answer for me. (Or anyone else who may know the answer to this!) Did Anna write/draw with her left hand or her right hand?
Definitely the right hand, Gina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members