Searching for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "lurker" stated, at first, that there were no pictures. She later emailed back that pictures may exist and had to check with her family if they have any pictures from the event. I am awaiting that information.

Since the topic of robbery/burglaries came up I thought this may be somewhere worth contactinghttp://www.robberycria.org/

Intro on site:

The California Robbery Investigators Association
was founded in 1972 with the objective of promoting closer, coordinated relationships among robbery investigators and private industry throughout the State with a view towards a more extensive and rapid dissemination and exchange of information concerning robbery suspects and investigations.

I just returned home from Tennessee. My parents, husband and I drove to MTSU to watch my 2 high school children compete in a marching band competition. On our way home today we made a detour. I am pleased and honored to have met Annasgram and Annasaunt. We were welcomed like we were part of the family. Annasaunt had driven almost 2 hours just to meet us. They truly are beautiful people and are also hopeful in finding Anna. They recalled memories of the last time they saw Anna and what a bright little girl she is. I wish our visit was longer, but we had a 5 hour drive ahead of us. I hope someday when Anna reads our forum, she will certainly know how much she is loved.

How wonderful, Sherlock!

I am sure it meant so much to them to meet you, as it did to you to meet them! I have no doubt that they are lovely people, based on what we know of Annasmom! I am so happy that the gathering took place. :)

Detective Gilletti of the San Mateo Sheriff's Department just called me to say that they were getting kits to collect DNA samples for the national database. They will be testing Anna's brothers and me when the kits arrive. I got the impression that this is something brand-new for the department, but since many of you have suggested all along that this be done, I wanted to let you know that we're getting there. Still no word from the Passport office.

Hip-hip-HORRAY! :woohoo:

It also means that they are still treating the case seriously! Until now, any movement at all has been by our pushing...

great progress hopefully some good news will come out of all of this. kinda off topic but if an agency that dealt with adoptions has closed would they have saved any reccords and if so how could u get access to them

That is great news! There seems to be a lot happening right now, media attention, the DNA data base, all of the myspace pages for Anna, the truckers board We are definitely moving in the right direction. There are so many people working and supporting the effort to find Anna and bring her home. I am proud to be a part of it.

I remember reading of the first Halloween Anna went trick or treating...after she collected some candy, she went home, sat by the door, and gave her candy away to other trick or treaters. What a generous heart :)

Gina_M said:
I remember reading of the first Halloween Anna went trick or treating...after she collected some candy, she went home, sat by the door, and gave her candy away to other trick or treaters. What a generous heart :)
Gina, how sweet of you to remember this. I was thinking of it too. I would imagine this kind of personality trait would have remained with her, as well as other characteristics: Loving gardens, rocks, animals. Being sociable (not shy, the way I am), singing and drawing.

Hi to you all Im suzanne from England and Ive been following the threads ever since I came across Annas picture .Im in total astonishment on all the work you guys do and how clever you all are.Quite a few pages ago (sorry I cant remember what one ) someone stated that Anna would have been probably been told by her kidnappers that she was unwanted or maybe abused by her natural parents hence the reason she is with them .Well I dont know about where you are but is there anyway of accessing sites for victims ? (being she thinks she is one,possibly of abuse).I would presume that when Anna has or had children questions would form in her mind or why when or how. I thought possible blogs ,victims of abuse web sites .Sorry if you think Im totally off key it was just a thought .
I pray with all my heart Annas mum that you will be reunited with your darling daughter .You are so special.
If you want me to help distribute your books here in the uk just shout .I live in the southeast but can get some up to london if you wish .
Take care Sue x

Welcome Suzanne from England. My mum was from Ipswich. Your idea is great however the support groups are strictly confidential and only for actual abuse victims to get support for themselves. We would not be able to join a group or even post a message to look for her. BUT your suggestion brings to mind another idea. I have never searched for support groups for people that think they were abducted as children.

I, as have many others, checked the adoption forums and missing person forums but never the Yahoo or MSN groups for adults that think they were abducted as kids. Has anyone checked on that yet before I go on a wild goose chase??

itsreenw said:
I, as have many others, checked the adoption forums and missing person forums but never the Yahoo or MSN groups for adults that think they were abducted as kids. Has anyone checked on that yet before I go on a wild goose chase??
I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. Although you may not be able to join/post...I bet you a thousand bucks you can email the admin of each group and ask them to post info about Anna, maybe a link here or send them the PDF of the book.

huh, huh?

suzannej said:
Hi to you all Im suzanne from England...
Welcome, Sue. As you have probably already seen (depending on how deep into the "Anna Archives" you have dug), we have even had at least one possible match for Anna in England. There is an Anna Waters who is a sports pyschologist who looked quite a bit like our Anna, but it turned out to not be a match. It will be great to have someone "on the ground" in England if we should find that our search leads there.

Thanks for joining us!

itsreenw said:
Welcome Suzanne from England. My mum was from Ipswich. Your idea is great however the support groups are strictly confidential and only for actual abuse victims to get support for themselves. We would not be able to join a group or even post a message to look for her. BUT your suggestion brings to mind another idea. I have never searched for support groups for people that think they were abducted as children.

Here's another possibility...there are (probably several) MySpace groups and profiles dedicated to abuse victims. I've come across them now and then, sometimes on the Friends lists of the Missing Children profiles. Here's one for example:

http://www.myspace.com/preventabuse

I hadn't added any of them to my Friends list...but maybe it'd be a good idea to email the owners of profiles such as this one and give them Anna's info.

Welcome to the group, Suzanne!

suzannej said:
Hi to you all Im suzanne from England and Ive been following the threads ever since I came across Annas picture .Im in total astonishment on all the work you guys do and how clever you all are.Quite a few pages ago (sorry I cant remember what one ) someone stated that Anna would have been probably been told by her kidnappers that she was unwanted or maybe abused by her natural parents hence the reason she is with them .Well I dont know about where you are but is there anyway of accessing sites for victims ? (being she thinks she is one,possibly of abuse).I would presume that when Anna has or had children questions would form in her mind or why when or how. I thought possible blogs ,victims of abuse web sites .Sorry if you think Im totally off key it was just a thought .
I pray with all my heart Annas mum that you will be reunited with your darling daughter .You are so special.
If you want me to help distribute your books here in the uk just shout .I live in the southeast but can get some up to london if you wish .
Take care Sue x
Hello, and welcome to the forum Sue! Angels do have their way of working. I have a job for you already. Awhile back ago, I found an Anna Waters who worked at this company. http://www.capitallaw.co.uk/cms/staffsearch/stafftype/staff
She is no longer an employee there. If you can contact this law office and see if they can tell you when she left or where she went to. I attached her photo, but it is sooooo tiny.

As far as Yahoo & MSN groups, I have joined a few. I had to lie :liar: and say that I was adopted just to join the LDA (late discovery adoption) group. I don't post much on the groups, but I read every thread that is e-mailed to me.

P.S. If you know Elaine who loves to play Euchre, tell her Hello for me and that I am still alive.:)

Attachments

• capitallaw.co.uk.jpg
    capitallaw.co.uk.jpg
    679 bytes · Views: 142
hi have called the company who have told me they do not know of her .do you know where she worked within the company ?i have also done a search on friends reunited and come up with 2 Annas which fit our annas age.( sorry to sound thick) but dont know how to copy the page onto here so will have to wait for hubbie to finish work so he can do it .both annas on f/r havent done law in further education, so could be a possibly 3 to look into .thankyou all for your kind greetings . x

UK member

View profile

Send message

Anna's Places1987 - 1984University of Hull
(Cottingham Road, Hull, England) 1979 - 1986Lowton High School
(Newton Road, Lowton, England)
Anna's Profile (preview)
I'm now married with 2 kids. Lived in Austria for 10 years before returning home to sunny ol' Lowton...
Anna Walters

UK member

View profile

Send message

Anna's Places1988Hythe Primary School
(School Road, Hythe, England) 1993Applemore College
(Roman Road, Dibden Purlieu, England) 1995Rednock School
(Rednock Drive, Dursley, England) 1998The University College of Ripon and York St John
(Lord Mayors Walk, York, England)
Anna's Profile (preview)
Working as the production controller for an architectural book publisher. I control production using...

Search again

think this is it .i done it ohhh.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members