Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About Benadryl (antihistamines) and TA's autopsy report.

The report doesn't exclude the possibility she gave him Benadryl. What the report says is that: no "drugs of abuse" were present, nor medications of "significance."

There's nothing there that says he was tested specifically for antihistamines, and I'm doubtful that antihistamines qualify as medications of significance.

IMO, it remains a (completely speculative) possibility she bought Benadryl at the CVS to slip to TA, and (further speculation) who knows, bought it at CVS rather than at WalMart a few hours later to separate her for-murder purchases.

Autopsy Report
Scroll down past past page 8 of 8

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/travis-alexander-autopsy-report.pdf

Page 9 Report of Toxicological Examination

No antihistamines in pleural blood
No antihistamines in gastric

Also no morphine, antidepressants, codeine, benzos, methamphetamines etc.

If she killed him at 10:30 she'd have been in Utah way earlier.
There was no reason for her to do anything to his camera. They took pics. She took shower pics. She deleted pics. Put bleach on the camera. IMO

Einstein Arias wasn't bright enough to realise deleted images could be recovered. It was a glorious moment of almost 'divine' justice that pointed the camera straight back at her.

I'm not sure if this info about cameras and timestamps applies to the type of camera Travis had, or if it's relevant, but here:

1. (Supposedly), the Sony camera TA owned allowed one to choose whether or not to enable the "time stamp" option. Choosing to enable the option had to be done manually (a menu choice), and could be changed beforehand ( on or off) for each and any pic.

Turning the time stamp option off didn't stop the camera from recording a timestamp in EXIF data. What turning it off did was to prevent a time stamp from being imposed/written on the image after the fact (like EnCase or other software is designed to do).

So...ever so possibly, the reason why 2 of the 6 photos don't have timestamps is because for whatever reason the turned off the option for just those photos? On purpose or because she has no idea how to use a real camera?

2. It's theoretically possible, apparently, for EXIF data to not only be altered but WIPED from pics that have been altered by software programs such as PhotoShop. Just saying.

I don't think time stamps were added to any of them by the camera, don't think that was enabled, Melendez said EnCase put the time stamps on them, also apparently why even the upside down pics had the time stamps in the correct place (right side up) and some time stamps were center justified and some right justified. I'd love to see any and all EXIF data they were able to attain from the nudes, if she had edited them in Photoshop it would show up (given any EXIF data is recoverable).

Autopsy Report
Scroll down past past page 8 of 8

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/travis-alexander-autopsy-report.pdf

Page 9 Report of Toxicological Examination

No antihistamines in pleural blood
No antihistamines in gastric

Also no morphine, antidepressants, codeine, benzos, methamphetamines etc.

Yep, I've been swinging for the fences wrong again. Stopped one page too soon with the autopsy, which I swore I'd never read.

In for a dime, in for a dollar, though, so looked up what ME's toxicology workups typically screen for. Was surprised to see that even the lowly aspirin is on the list, and very definitely and routinely, Diphen-blah blah blah, the main ingredient in Benadryl. ;)

I don't think time stamps were added to any of them by the camera, don't think that was enabled, Melendez said EnCase put the time stamps on them, also apparently why even the upside down pics had the time stamps in the correct place (right side up) and some time stamps were center justified and some right justified. I'd love to see any and all EXIF data they were able to attain from the nudes, if she had edited them in Photoshop it would show up (given any EXIF data is recoverable).

Don't think I said it right, then. Trying again.

Camera X has a time stamp option in the user's settings menu. Turn this feature OFF and the camera will disallow/prevent any kind of software used later from putting a timestamp on the image.

Timestamp OFF is a feature appreciated by photographers who tinker with their photos, apparently, because visible timestamps permanently degrade portions of the pic.

You're right...and that's probably where she parked the UHaul for the 3-4 nights when she didn't leave yet.

But here's a question. When did she turn the back license plate upside down if her car was parked there and she left in broad daylight after killing him?

(My guess has always been she turned it upside on purpose after she was in Utah, because she wanted to be pulled over in Utah as part of her never-in-AZ alibi).

If you pass a couple of houses to the west direction, there is a community mail box where she could have parked her rental car.
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.3468857,-111.5871804,3a,75y,4.05h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m4!1s1Xkwqe7GFmreWRN6hBGhSQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4b1!6m1!1e1

I think JA brought her AZ license plate (previously on Infiniti) and put it on the rental car while she was in AZ. Then she switched to the California plate when she was in Utah and like you said, she turned it upside down on purpose to get pulled over.

I was in Utah! I even got pulled over in Utah!

Camera X has a time stamp option in the user's settings menu. Turn this feature OFF and the camera will disallow/prevent any kind of software used later from putting a timestamp on the image.

Timestamp OFF is a feature appreciated by photographers who tinker with their photos, apparently, because visable timestamps permanently degrade portions of the pic.

Melendez testified EnCase put time/date stamps in red on the photos. The time/date was recovered from the internal memory EXIF information

If you pass a couple of houses to the west direction, there is a community mail box where she could have parked her rental car.
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.3468857,-111.5871804,3a,75y,4.05h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m4!1s1Xkwqe7GFmreWRN6hBGhSQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4b1!6m1!1e1

I think JA brought her AZ license plate (previously on Infiniti) and put it on the rental car while she was in AZ. Then she switched to the California plate when she was in Utah and like you said, she turned it upside down on purpose to get pulled over.

LOL. I've been there multiple times but was only stopped once. Of course, I WAS driving 87mph. :D. (In a 75mph zone, over 200 miles from my departure airport, with flight leaving in 5 hours, yep, hit down on that gas pedal hard. It was glorious, actually, driving like a demon on the straight flat highway, hadn't seen another car for hours, early evening glowing colors, wind in my hair.......and a bored cop hiding in plain view)).

Melendez testified EnCase put time/date stamps in red on the photos. The time/date was recovered from the internal memory EXIF information

Except for the 2 photos without stamps, right?

Tech talk is the language I kept meaning to take in college but never did. I must really be saying this wrong. Or missing the point.

Two pics didn't have external timestamps on them (the red timestamps), put there by Encase.

Why not?

If I understand correctly, TA's camera may have had a menu option that allowed the user to choose, photo by photo, whether or not to allow any subsequent software program- including Encase, from retrieving timestamp info from the EXIF raw data.

Like..an internal no-trespasing on the EXIF data feature.

So, theoretically, maybe the 2 unstamped pics could not be timestamped by Encase because for whatever reason she turned off the timestamp feature for those 2 photos.

Better?

And that sounds so right about bringing AZ plates! A car with CA plates sitting empty for hours in that neighborhood had a good chance of sticking out.

The reason two sex pics don't have the red date and time stamp is because he could not recover even the meta data, but Juan Martinez cleared this issue up by pointing out that the KY Jelly was in a dated pic by Travis' arm and pillow, and in a pic of Jodi, the KY was still in that same spot, though the pillow and travis were no longer in that spot.

Timestamp OFF is a feature appreciated by photographers who tinker with their photos, apparently, because visible timestamps permanently degrade portions of the pic.

'Time stamp off' would keep the camera from recording what time/date a photo was taken?

'Time stamp off' would keep the camera from recording what time/date a photo was taken?

It wouldn't keep the camera from recording the time in EXIF files. It would keep any software program from printing the timestamp data retrieved from EXIF on the image itself.

Tech talk is the language I kept meaning to take in college but never did. I must really be saying this wrong. Or missing the point.

Two pics didn't have external timestamps on them (the red timestamps), put there by Encase.

Why not?

If I understand correctly, TA's camera may have had a menu option that allowed the user to choose, photo by photo, whether or not to allow any subsequent software program- including Encase, from retrieving timestamp info from the EXIF raw data.

Like..an internal no-trespasing on the EXIF data feature.

So, theoretically, maybe the 2 unstamped pics could not be timestamped by Encase because for whatever reason she turned off the timestamp feature for those 2 photos.

Better?

Digital pictures are just a collection of files, one file is the photo itself, another is the thumbnails (small photo you see when scrolling through the view screen of the camera), another is the time/date, etc., in the nudes without time stamps, those files had been overwritten to such an extent they were destroyed and not recoverable, in the other pics, although they also had been deleted (sent to unallocated space in the memory card, which is space free to be written to by successive pics being taken) more files were recoverable. My question is - is the time/date info EnCase put on those files from the EXIF data or is it from information the memory card itself stored?

Thanks for the photos. You're amazing. I swear she said The Pam Desert house had a pool... There is no pool!

Sorry, the interior pics link I had posted was incorrect it should've been for 43755 not 43744. I must've scrolled too far when googling the first time. According to the overhead here there was/is a pool and from doing a search on that address it appears it had no wall to wall carpet... though at least my incorrect pic above does show that the carpet in the pic she is in is more similar to that than the one TA had.:/

http://www.estately.com/listings/info/43755-virginia-avenue--10

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/43...2!3m1!1s0x80dafeadf6e93f51:0xc19057733f6b18ea

The reason two sex pics don't have the red date and time stamp is because he could not recover even the meta data, but Juan Martinez cleared this issue up by pointing out that the KY Jelly was in a dated pic by Travis' arm and pillow, and in a pic of Jodi, the KY was still in that same spot, though the pillow and travis were no longer in that spot.

Noooooo. Not going there about the sex on the 4th thing.

Just mentioned the camera stuff because I think the photos are hinky, and am peeping ever so briefly down that rabbit hole.

Sorry, the interior pics link I had posted was incorrect it should've been for 43755 not 43744. I must've scrolled too far when googling the first time. According to the overhead here there was/is a pool and from doing a search on that address it appears it had no wall to wall carpet... though at least my incorrect pic above does show that the carpet in the pic she is in is more similar to that than the one TA had.:/

http://www.estately.com/listings/info/43755-virginia-avenue--10

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/43...2!3m1!1s0x80dafeadf6e93f51:0xc19057733f6b18ea

Well, that makes more sense. I kept thinking she lived in a much nicer house than the one you first posted but I figured my memory was wrong. That looks more like it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3