Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to jump in and say hello! I came across this case back in January (I'm in the UK living under a rock) and have since watched the entirety of trial videos on YouTube. I followed along on the old threads here while watching, so it feels like like I've been here for a very long time already and thought I'd sign up at last.

I have a question re the Princess ' Palace - who is the child killer being referred to in Perryville? TIA!

...and now I hit refresh and see that someone else just asked that very question - sorry!

Still hoping for a separate thread dedicated to the status of 's appeals.

For now am posting a reference framework of case, Court, and trial proceedings from 2008-2015 in this thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dia-timeline-thread-**no-discussion**/page107

(To use for anyone interested in cross-referencing COA rulings on Motions with the case/trial record).

Just posted the pre-trial Court record for 2009. Judge Duncan and the 's first counsel moved things along quite briskly. Enter Nurmi in August 2009 and.....the delays begin in earnest, from the get go.

Hope4More said:
Niner- still owe you links, sorry. Real life has been kicking my derriere as of late. Here's one related tidbit. The 's "book drive"? Because Perryville's inmate library is so lacking?

Don't worry about it - take your time! I know how real life can get!

Wondering how many books :jail: #whatever has gotten so far...

:welcome6: Cinnalauda!! To this thread and to Websleuths!! :greetings:

You know Hope4More - on the link you posted above - it has 16 pages (per my computer) and maybe one of the mods can start a "new" thread for this no discussion, since we'll be headed that way? Starting with what you posted on the appeals?

I'll alert my post, to ask a Mod for ya! :wave:

You know Hope4More - on the link you posted above - it has 16 pages (per my computer) and maybe one of the mods can start a "new" thread for this no discussion, since we'll be headed that way? Starting with what you posted on the appeals?

I'll alert my post, to ask a Mod for ya! :wave:

Thank you & thank you. :loveyou:

Real life just splatted out of the blue and dictated we won't be retiring near you in the Sierra Nevada foothills next year. :(

Past 2 weeks have been mulling over the location of Plan B-- another place where we'd like to be older and oldest.

Guys, below is a message from Tanisha Sorenson - This Saturday marks 8 years since her brother Travis was murdered. She is asking his supporters to change their profile pictures to the one attached on Saturday. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
"It will be 8 years this Saturday June 4th since my brother Travis Alexander was brutally murdered by a monster....

More at the link:
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/

I will be gone tomorrow (June 4th) but wanted to remember Travis.

In memory of Travis.... I can imagine he and Mums dancing to this song:

[video=youtube;H2di83WAOhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2di83WAOhU[/video]

13339588_1407568522876094_7585401997249593382_n.jpg

Thank you TexMex. I appreciate your concern and expertise. I posted a pic of my boy as my profile, but he came out sideways, lol. He is my beautiful boy.

Thank you TexMex. I appreciate your concern and expertise. I posted a pic of my boy as my profile, but he came out sideways, lol. He is my beautiful boy.

Wow! He is a good looking dog. I bet he's smart too. I've always wanted one but felt it might be unfair to the dog in the Texas summers

Is that a Collie? I have a Collie. Such wonderful friends. My boy is Blue Merle. He will be 16 this year.

I have Travis and his loved ones in my thoughts often.

AZL was pretty sure the didn't have a juvenile record and she didn't have any convictions as an adult before becoming a murderer. Can't imagine what's in that envelope.....

It is hard to believe it isn't something...and as far as anyone knows Travis did not have criminal record. I suppose the possibility is strong that the DT made something up in their quest to smear the victim, and tried to get it in but the judge was onto them and said no, then sealed it.

?

It is hard to believe it isn't something...and as far as anyone knows Travis did not have criminal record. I suppose the possibility is strong that the DT made something up in their quest to smear the victim, and tried to get it in but the judge was onto them and said no, then sealed it.

?

During the trial it came out that one of Travis's brothers had been arrested and gave his name as Travis, not his own....Travis had to get it cleared up IIRC

During the trial it came out that one of Travis's brothers had been arrested and gave his name as Travis, not his own....Travis had to get it cleared up IIRC

I remember that, even saw the mugshot of the brother and IIRC it had TA's name associated with it. But it was cleared up. Of course, the DT could have taken that and tried to make something of it. I am not sure that alone would qualify to be labeled, "Confidential Criminal History Addendum in Sealed Manila Envelope."

Time will tell, I suppose.

?

But if the DT wanted to argue that TA had a criminal record, wouldn't they have to offer the evidence before it got sealed? Why would a judge order something to be sealed if there was no evidence it existed?

I've always thought had a criminal record. Soliciting? Theft from her job? Stealing credit card info? Animal abuse? More likely something as a juvenile, since those records are always sealed? This would be in addition to anything that Arpaio dug up. Sex trade? Money laundering?

A criminal record as an adult would surely be public. Someone would have dredged it up by now?

But if the DT wanted to argue that TA had a criminal record, wouldn't they have to offer the evidence before it got sealed? Why would a judge order something to be sealed if there was no evidence it existed?

I've always thought had a criminal record. Soliciting? Theft from her job? Stealing credit card info? Animal abuse? More likely something as a juvenile, since those records are always sealed? This would be in addition to anything that Arpaio dug up. Sex trade? Money laundering?

A criminal record as an adult would surely be public. Someone would have dredged it up by now?

It's hard to say why the judge would have sealed it if it was clear it was bogus. But that judge did a lot of things differently. For example, there were countless sidebars that probably didn't need to be; I have never seen another trial where virtually every objection led to a sidebar. In most trials the judge rules on objections from the bench and a sidebar is called only if clarification is necessary off the record. I find it hard to accept that it was necessary for every single objection, or almost every one in this trial. But it happened. So for me, it is easy to consider that some insignificant nonsensical baloney could have been brought in, then sealed just for the asking or at judge's discretion, even if it was not pertinent in any way.

I love me my new rabbit hole of looking so closely at the pretrial legal maneuvering. :)

I hadn't connected the dots before that the warfare waged by Sheriff Joe and District Attorney Thomas (Bill Montgomery's predecessor ) against specific sitting Superior Court judges took place during 's pre-trial years. One of those judges was involved in the 's case. DA Thomas was disbarred in April 2012.

The did not have a criminal record as an adult. The DT was allowed to argue no prior criminal history as a mitigator with no asterisks attached.

That sealed criminal history could theoretically be about any trial participant. Perhaps Gus Search, for example. ;)

The did not have a criminal record as an adult. The DT was allowed to argue no prior criminal history as a mitigator with no asterisks attached.

That sealed criminal history could theoretically be about any trial participant. Perhaps Gus Search, for example. ;)

Interesting idea about GS. Maybe he stole the patent?

Why couldn't the DT argue no prior criminal history if the juvenile records were confidential? The juvenile record gets expunged, correct? So, if had a juvenile criminal record, the DT could rightly argue she had no criminal history.

But if GS had a criminal history it would be public information. Why seal it in perpetuity?

could have had some criminal charges via a prior employer, but the charges were dropped?

The criminal history in question can't involve an adult, though, correct? 'Cos there'd be a public record. We'd know about it even if the jury didn't, but no one AFAIK has dug up criminal history on any player in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8