Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The did not have a criminal record as an adult. The DT was allowed to argue no prior criminal history as a mitigator with no asterisks attached.

That sealed criminal history could theoretically be about any trial participant. Perhaps Gus Search, for example. ;)

What about the woman who showed up to testify for Jodi and then fled the scene when Martinez threatened to expose her not reporting money she'd made off selling pics of Jodi...money she did not report to state welfare authorities? IIRC there was talk she also had a criminal history (drug charges?)...

RIP Muhammad Ali

The did not have a criminal record as an adult. The DT was allowed to argue no prior criminal history as a mitigator with no asterisks attached.

That sealed criminal history could theoretically be about any trial participant. Perhaps Gus Search, for example. ;)

There was that bit about her mom's lawyer friend taking care of that hotel/motel room incident(where she had bashed in walls or some such thing iirc)... would that qualify? I also recall that one of her first lawyers was allowed to leave citing conflict of interest and I had read speculation that it might have had something to do with one of her family members having had the same lawyer in the past(though I suppose it could have been MM or any one of her group of supporters that she hoped would testify for her).

Is that a Collie? I have a Collie. Such wonderful friends. My boy is Blue Merle. He will be 16 this year.

I have Travis and his loved ones in my thoughts often.

Yes that's my boy Shane, he's a sable collie. Our first was a tricolor. Merles are beautiful!
Good to hear he is 16! He is smart, stubborn and lovable. The Star of our neighborhood. Everyone from 2 yr olds to our seniors love him and vice versa.
Yes TexMex, he has a thick coat and hates the summer, so he stays in his airconditioned dog house and we gladly pay his mortgage, lol.

Yes that's my boy Shane, he's a sable collie. Our first was a tricolor. Merles are beautiful!
Good to hear he is 16! He is smart, stubborn and lovable. The Star of our neighborhood. Everyone from 2 yr olds to our seniors love him and vice versa.
Yes TexMex, he has a thick coat and hates the summer, so he stays in his airconditioned dog house and we gladly pay his mortgage, lol.

It's good to be Shane, lol
I've stuck to labs, right now my yellow and black Chase and Miss Kate (they can always cool off in the Gulf, the pool or the river) plus The Boss; our Boston Terrier puppy...she runs the place.

image.jpeg

RIP to a fellow dog lover, Travis

image.jpeg

Back in Corpus Christi. Looks like crabs for supper

To Travis Alexander, his family, friends and supporters all over the world. Truest solidarity and respect.

❤

Once again, wishing I could be your friendly next-door neighbor!

Just wondering, do people in the south use Old Bay? TIA

No ma'am. Pretty much everyone I know uses Zatarain's. It's seasoning from New Orleans.

But if the DT wanted to argue that TA had a criminal record, wouldn't they have to offer the evidence before it got sealed? Why would a judge order something to be sealed if there was no evidence it existed?

I've always thought had a criminal record. Soliciting? Theft from her job? Stealing credit card info? Animal abuse? More likely something as a juvenile, since those records are always sealed? This would be in addition to anything that Arpaio dug up. Sex trade? Money laundering?

A criminal record as an adult would surely be public. Someone would have dredged it up by now?
Maybe it's something she was charged with after being incarcerated, during her time in Perryville?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Maybe it's something she was charged with after being incarcerated, during her time in Perryville?

Wouldn't that be public information? I dunno; I'm just asking.

I realize the DA's office was not permitted to have access to ' visitor log while at Estrella—presumably after JM got hold of the magazines—but maybe there was something more going on than the magazines that JM had already sniffed out? Thus the heavy-handedness with the criminal record thing?

Maybe we could ask this way: do all DP or Life defendants have "criminal histories" that are part of the court record, even if they have no criminal history? In other words, is "criminal history" as a court document sort of like a deed search for a property. It's a certification that that defendant has been thoroughly researched?

There haven't been any intel leaks, though. That's what's weird.

It's good to be Shane, lol
I've stuck to labs, right now my yellow and black Chase and Miss Kate (they can always cool off in the Gulf, the pool or the river) plus The Boss; our Boston Terrier puppy...she runs the place.

My girl's a big Black Labby who is going on 12. I have a special place in my heart for Labs!

Wow H4M, nice timeline for State vs JA. Amazing how much taxpayer money was spent on that . She knows how to play the system, for sure and appears to be continuing on that same path. So, what's her appeal going to cost the taxpayers, another million?
This aggravates me to no end. Money spent to house her for the rest of her life as well as to fund her continued crusade to prove her innocence, get her another trial, or sentence reduced. How long will they indulge her? For as long as it takes, and she knows that.
I can only hope yesterday's temperature of 110 degrees F in Perryville coupled with the anniversary of her taking Travis' life had some effect on her in that she may have felt some remorse, but I doubt it.

Wow H4M, nice timeline for State vs JA. Amazing how much taxpayer money was spent on that . She knows how to play the system, for sure and appears to be continuing on that same path. So, what's her appeal going to cost the taxpayers, another million?
This aggravates me to no end. Money spent to house her for the rest of her life as well as to fund her continued crusade to prove her innocence, get her another trial, or sentence reduced. How long will they indulge her? For as long as it takes, and she knows that.
I can only hope yesterday's temperature of 110 degrees F in Perryville coupled with the anniversary of her taking Travis' life had some effect on her in that she may have felt some remorse, but I doubt it.

Our justice system could use an overhaul, imo, but in the meantime, we have to accept that it is what it is. Whenever the costs involved scream waste of taxpayer monies I remind myself of what Juan Martinez said when questioned about it: "How can you put a price on justice?"

For now, the cost is what the cost is in states all across America. It may change; it may not. But justice is a necessary commodity in a civilized society and if we want it, we have to pay for it. Is there monetary waste? Sure. But taxpayer dollars are wasted in a whole bunch of other venues as well.

Salberg7

My dog is thirteen. She got a limp in her front paw also and became lethargic and didn't even have the energy to eat or drink. I felt really mean just trying to take her outside to go to the bathroom. It was all she could do to muster the energy to do that and it was painful to watch. The vet thought it might it might be cancer, which knocked the air out of me, and took xrays. Turns out it was an infection and with antibiotics she was up and running about in her usual fashion within a week. Hopefully your dog just has an infection too.

Hope4More said:
Real life just splatted out of the blue and dictated we won't be retiring near you in the Sierra Nevada foothills next year.

Oh that's too bad - but I won't be here for too long - my beautiful husband and soul mate died Friday night from his cancer. So I'll be heading to Latvia! You would have enjoyed the Sierra Nevada foothills!

:wave:

Oh that's too bad - but I won't be here for too long - my beautiful husband and soul mate died Friday night from his cancer. So I'll be heading to Latvia! You would have enjoyed the Sierra Nevada foothills!

:wave:

I'm very sorry Niner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members