Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Tex Mex.... make it a great one. I'll drink a few for you as I celebrate my best friends VD... OOPS, meant BD.

OMG, I don't know how do find the time and patience to pull all this info together, but I appreciate it!

Yep. Upside: cooler. Downside: makes conversations via vents impossible. Though....given the 's ongoing feuds with other murderers, maybe that's a good thing for her too. ;)

They removed the vents when they installed the AC? That's gotta keep down conspiracies against the guards.

It seems another upside from this AC installation is that every room can be a different temperature. I am imagining hopefully that has an evil guard who likes to toast her charges.

She has zero control, and that's what must chap her butt royally, because she's a control freak.

Do I hear you saying that lack of control is the reason got hemorrhoids? Interesting theory....

Good job, Hope; the secrecy was worse than I knew or remembered.

The secrecy imposed for PP2 was remarkable, highly unusual, and as media attorneys have said, perhaps unconstitutional at times.

We'll never know if secrecy passed into the unconstitutional because only the media had standing to file suits (requests to the COA for special actions) and until October 2014, refrained from doing so.

This issue for me is much larger than the 's trial and JSS. I have the deepest respect for AZL, a practicing appellate attorney in AZ, and I accept her opinion that in general, AZ criminal judges and courts have a bad track record and penchant for favoring secrecy.

The secrecy of PP2 yielded exactly the results Supreme Court justices for many decades could have predicted: a loss of faith by many that the second trial was the slightest bit "fair," a second mistrial that most trial watchers believe to be tainted, and a storm post- verdict that included hunting down the juror believed to be tainted.

IMO, only in the most extraordinary situations is it justified for the State to take action against an individual (s) in secrecy, no matter how "good" the intentions are of those wielding the power to shut us, the public, out.

Happy Belated Birthday TexMex! Hope you had a great day!
I did have intentions of writing this to you yesterday but we had thunderstorms from 4-8pm & I was too busy holding and soothing a restless 89 lb dog who will not tolerate his owner using a smartphone between hugs. Like the herding breed he is, my collie will nip me like a sheep to get my attention, elbows included.
Here's to a great year ahead! Father of the Bride!

Happy Belated Birthday TexMex! Hope you had a great day!
I did have intentions of writing this to you yesterday but we had thunderstorms from 4-8pm & I was too busy holding and soothing a restless 89 lb dog who will not tolerate his owner using a smartphone between hugs. Like the herding breed he is, my collie will nip me like a sheep to get my attention, elbows included.
Here's to a great year ahead! Father of the Bride!

Thanks salberg7. The soccer game was fun even though we lost 4-0. Watching Messi play was amazing.

So far the father of the bride stuff is being treated to many discussions about center pieces and table linens. I could care less as long as my daughter and wife have fun planning the thing so my strategy is to just agree with whatever it sounds like they want and write the checks.

How's Shane? Meds helping?

Yes we think so, TexMex - he has good days and bad. Today is a bad day but overall there are more good days for my lovebug. He is all heart! We'll take it day by day.

Update on Archer, the dog rescued from Brazos River flooding. The dog, under two years old, was rescued, bathed and vaccinated. Then she was found to be heartworm positive and is being treated for that.
She was adopted by the Sheriff, Troy Nehls.

image.jpg

Archer now lives with the Fort Bend County Sheriff, his wife and three daughters

image.jpg

What a nice happy ending for Archer, that handsome lad! I hope the memories he had of that awful time are gone for him!

Update on Archer, the dog rescued from Brazos River flooding. The dog, under two years old, was rescued, bathed and vaccinated. Then she was found to be heartworm positive and is being treated for that.

View attachment 97146

Archer now lives with the Fort Bend County Sheriff, his wife and three daughters

View attachment 97148

Those pictures - heartwarming, joyful and uplifting after the horror of the rescue image.

View attachment 97146

View attachment 97148

She's a lovely dog. And God bless Sheriff Nehls and his family!

This is such a great post, Hope! Sometimes, when I can't sleep and want to tear my hair out in frustration, I go downstairs and make a peanut butter and fig jam sandwich, and I feel grateful that I can do this simple thing and remember that can't. CMJA cannot even have control over the basic elements of her diet, watch whatever she wants to on tv, read any book she chooses, travel to some awesome destination to take photographs, or plot an indulgent bath and body order, or splurge on exotic teas or face creams. She can't enjoy a super long hot shower on icy nights, go outside to stargaze or book a facial or massage as a spa treat. CMJA will never get dressed up for a date, plan to enjoy a new restaurant or spend hours researching an adventurous expedition to a far off land to take photos of icebergs and penguins rookeries. CMJA will never experience the joy of Paris in springtime, or visit Italy and gaze in awe at the incredible art, history and food. She can have her shadow board post about how well she's handling the slammer, and how she is enjoying her new life but we all know its not true and that she's only saying this to spite TA's family. She has zero control, and that's what must chap her butt royally, because she's a control freak.

Thank's for the reminder

Leaving in a few days for a just under 4 weeks, approx. 6,000 mile road trip, half of which will be just with my DS.

Our first leg is 500 or so miles, ending up in Knoxville, TN, then: Memphis; Little Rock, Arkansas; Oklahoma City, OK; Amarillo, TX; Albuquerque, NM; an extended zig zag through Utah; picking up DH in Salt Lake City....

then:. Pocatello, Idaho; Yellowstone; Grand Tetons, Wind River Range, Wyoming;, Dinosaur Ntl. Monument, Leadville, and the Great Sand Dunes, Colorado; Mesa Verde, Colorado; 4 Corners; Navajo reservation,New Mexico; Albuquerque, New Mexico, then back East via the same southern route.

I'm very familiar with the NM, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado portion of the trip- have driven all over all those states multiple times, but know little about the route from Knoxville to the NM border.

Any suggestions for what shouldn't be missed/must be seen along that route? Great places to eat? Funky stops of whatever sort?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Leaving in a few days for a just under 4 weeks, approx. 6,000 mile road trip, half of which will be just with my DS.

Our first leg is 500 or so miles, ending up in Knoxville, TN, then: Memphis; Little Rock, Arkansas; Oklahoma City, OK; Amarillo, TX; Albuquerque, NM; an extended zig zag through Utah; picking up DH in Salt Lake City....

then:. Pocatello, Idaho; Yellowstone; Grand Tetons, Wind River Range, Wyoming;, Dinosaur Ntl. Monument, Leadville, and the Great Sand Dunes, Colorado; Mesa Verde, Colorado; 4 Corners; Navajo reservation,New Mexico; Albuquerque, New Mexico, then back East via the same southern route.

I'm very familiar with the NM, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado portion of the trip- have driven all over all those states multiple times, but know little about the route from Knoxville to the NM border.

Any suggestions for what shouldn't be missed/must be seen along that route? Great places to eat? Funky stops of whatever sort?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

What, no Manitoba? ;)

What, no Manitoba? ;)

LOL. Yah, we could have throw in a quick jog over to Oregon, then up along the coast all the way to Alaska, down again to Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, up to Winnipeg (for old time's sake), then back down to the USA, but that seemed just a TAD extreme. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove