Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just hit "Reply" and the quote will go into your Reply Box. And then the next post you want to quote - just hit the "Reply" button. BUT!! Be sure to remember which post you were on last, as it takes you to the bottom of the page where the Reply Box is. Also you can just high-lite what you want in the post and you'll see a pop-up thingy say "Reply" - hit that and that section will be in your Reply Box.

When I read a thread - I just hit reply on all the ones I want to quote, and then when I'm finished I go to the Reply Box and say what I wanted to reply to.

Hope that makes sense! LOL!

Thank you, Niner. :)

Hello.newbie here,just joined yesterday.i would like to thanks admins for letting me in.i tried to reply to the welcome message,but alas,I couldn't figure out how to reply back.(fng).a link I hit on Google sent me here and I spent two days reading a specific thread,and I got hooked! It is so amazing in here.usually I'm much more of a lookylucy but hopefully I'll have things to say again,thank you

But....timestamps on the shower photos are from 5:22-5:32, (4:22-4:32 PST).

A quick invasion of TA's privacy by the on his computer at 4:19PM is consistent with a camera on Pacific time & the rather than TA on his computer timeline, at least in speculative theory. ;)
:oops: Oopsie,
Yes, the shower started 5:22 so the 4:19 computer usage is theoretically and speculatively possible.:eek:

Hello.newbie here,just joined yesterday.i would like to thanks admins for letting me in.i tried to reply to the welcome message,but alas,I couldn't figure out how to reply back.(fng).a link I hit on Google sent me here and I spent two days reading a specific thread,and I got hooked! It is so amazing in here.usually I'm much more of a lookylucy but hopefully I'll have things to say again,thank you
Welcome, Ktblair! 'Reply' button is below the main text, right next to 'like' button. You've already liked my post so you figured it out? We use a lot of acronyms here so just ask if you have any questions.

But....timestamps on the shower photos are from 5:22-5:32, (4:22-4:32 PST).

A quick invasion of TA's privacy by the on his computer at 4:19PM is consistent with a camera on Pacific time & the rather than TA on his computer timeline, at least in speculative theory. ;)
TA's camera has no option for setting timezones. That according to:
There was no timezone setting available for TA's Sony.
He had an option to set year, month, day, time, am or pm.
I uploaded the manual for Sony a few posts earlier but now I can't find it.. ugh.
Just so I understand, TA's computer was set to the Pacific timezone because he bought it new when he was living in CA and set it up accordingly, right? And then he didn't bother to change it to the Mountain timezone after he moved to Arizona, right? But because we're dealing with the month of June here, and Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings, the time of day regarding computer activity would be the same either way, right?

As for the timestamps on his camera, I guess no one knows for sure if Travis set the time correctly or not. But why wouldn't he? He seems to have set the date correctly. At any rate, he bought the camera in May so the time of day (if he did it right) would have also been the same for California and Arizona, right?

I think we need to get that camera and take some pics to verify date, time and am/pm. lol

I wonder if L.E. took test pics to verify the day, date and time of day? If not, should they have?

Last edited:
I think Travis would be the type to correct the time on his camera. He did have good attention to detail & likes things orderly.
Look at his closet!
I can’t be convinced the time stamps are wrong.
Looks like the killer got an extension until June 20 for her appeal brief.
I’m not upset about the extensions anymore, lol, she isn’t going anywhere. But I truly can’t wait to read the brief!

The didn't have much to haul away when she left Mesa on April 4, 2008; some boxes filled with books and her "art;" several cameras and at least one computer; a few of her potted plants that Travis, not she, had nurtured for the 8 months she had persisted in Mesa; clothing, of course; and likely, pounds of makeup and cosmetics of every kind, all snark aside.

However skimpy was that overall load, those things were her own. When she finally pulled out of TA's driveway for the last time though, TA flipping double birds at her, she also had with her several of TA's most precious possessions.

Travis knew the had (at least) one handwritten chapter of the autobiographical book he had committed to himself he would write. He had either asked her to edit & type the manuscript, or she had volunteered to do for reasons other than altruistic.

Either way, she left Mesa with handfuls of TA's handwritten soul searching- and she never returned those pages. What the finally sent TA mid-April was a SCANNED COPY of his chapter.

TA texted her upon receiving it in the mail on April 16: "I just got it. Are you still going to type it?"
---

Shortly after the left, TA hinted in his replacement journal he knew the journal that had gone missing weeks before was likely stolen. He didn't realize for weeks longer that yet another of his journals had been stolen as well.

When he realized the second journal was missing, he texted the an absolutely heart-breaking, shattering plea, begging her to return the journals "if" she had them.

Her denial to Travis was sickening & twisted, but whether he believed her or not, he didn't ask her again, at least not by text, until May 26, when he explicitly accused her of stealing the journals, and she as explicitly denied- twice- that she had done so.

What then, was Travis referring to on April 11, when he asked the : " did you mail my stuff back?" And when he told her on April 14, after hearing her whine she was so broke she was scraping up change to cover
mailing costs: " (just send me a fax/scan of the book pages) and mail me back the rest of my stuff when you can."

How about this as a possibility of what else she had taken of his when she left...

On March 28, about a week before she actually left, but just a few days before her first scheduled exot date, Travis texted her this:

"Have you seen my CTR ring and watch? I usually leave them together, but I haven't seen them since Tuesday."

No reply.

On April 8, the day she arrived back in Yreka, the texted Travis:

"Guess what I just found?"

She must have told him by phone , or pethaps deleted her text on his phone weeks later, because about 20 minutes later, Travis
texted her :"Hooray!"

----
Fast forward to her post-arrest interrogation by Flores.

He tells her that TA's roommates had seen some things in the house they had thought odd.

For instance, said Flores, they saw his CTR ring and watch on the kitchen counter. They thought that was odd, because he "never leaves town without them."

The replies quickly to that, saying

"No, he always leaves them there unless he is sleeping, then he takes those things and puts them on."

---
What an odd answer, in so many ways.

Perhaps she was quick to dismiss the significance of TA's ring and watch being where they didn't belong because she realized those things being found in his house at all might be problematic for her?

If she did give Travis his ring & watch back on the 4th, is it significant where they were later found? Any connection to her comment (lie) that Travis only wore them when he slept?

Last edited:

Welcome KT! So nice to have you here with us! :) Jump in whenever you have a thought, always happy to have a new addictee. :D

TA's camera has no option for setting timezones. That according to:

Just so I understand, TA's computer was set to the Pacific timezone because he bought it new when he was living in CA and set it up accordingly, right? And then he didn't bother to change it to the Mountain timezone after he moved to Arizona, right? But because we're dealing with the month of June here, and Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings, the time of day regarding computer activity would be the same either way, right?

As for the timestamps on his camera, I guess no one knows for sure if Travis set the time correctly or not. But why wouldn't he? He seems to have set the date correctly. At any rate, he bought the camera in May so the time of day (if he did it right) would have also been the same for California and Arizona, right?

I think we need to get that camera and take some pics to verify date, time and am/pm. lol

I wonder if L.E. took test pics to verify the day, date and time of day? If not, should they have?

I posted the below on the Post Verdict thread, it answers the question about when T bought the camera:
----
"This is a good time to view this - Travis Alexander's last speech April 24 2008 at the Fort Collins PPLU (Unedited Version)
"

"I have not watched the whole video but I got chills at 29 minutes in because he talked about a camera he just bought at Best Buy the day before. We all know the camera he is talking about!"

Bringing the above over here for safe-keeping:

Travis' camera purchase - April 23, 2008.

Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions #2
--------

Thank youand yes,quite the addicted addicted already lol right now,I'm just going over everyone's theories....at least until my phone dies
Welcome KT! So nice to have you here with us! :) Jump in whenever you have a thought, always happy to have a new addictee. :D

The didn't have much to haul away when she left Mesa on April 4, 2008; some boxes filled with books and her "art;" several cameras and at least one computer; a few of her potted plants that Travis, not she, had nurtured for the 8 months she had persisted in Mesa; clothing, of course; and likely, pounds of makeup and cosmetics of every kind, all snark aside.

However skimpy was that overall load, those things were her own. When she finally pulled out of TA's driveway for the last time though, TA flipping double birds at her, she also had with her several of TA's most precious possessions.

Travis knew the had (at least) one handwritten chapter of the autobiographical book he had committed to himself he would write. He had either asked her to edit & type the manuscript, or she had volunteered to do for reasons other than altruistic.

Either way, she left Mesa with handfuls of TA's handwritten soul searching- and she never returned those pages. What the finally sent TA mid-April was a SCANNED COPY of his chapter.

TA texted her upon receiving it in the mail on April 16: "I just got it. Are you still going to type it?"
---

Shortly after the left, TA hinted in his replacement journal he knew the journal that had gone missing weeks before was likely stolen. He didn't realize for weeks longer that yet another of his journals had been stolen.

When he realized the second journal was missing, he texted the an absolutely heart-breaking, shattering plea, begging her to return the journals "if" she had them.

Her denial to Travis was sickening & twisted, but whether he believed her or not, he didn't ask her again, at least not by text, until May 26, when he explicitly accused her of stealing the journals, and she as explicitly denied- twice- that she had done so.

What then, was Travis referring to on April 11, when he asked the : " did you mail my stuff back?" And when he told her on April 14, after hearing her whine she was so broke she was scraping up change to cover
mailing costs: " (just send me a fax/scan of the book pages) and mail me back the rest of my stuff when you can."

How about this as a possibility of what else she had taken of his when she left...

On March 28, about a week before she actually left, but just a few days before her first scheduled exot date, Travis texted her this:

"Have you seen my CTR ring and watch? I usually leave them together, but I haven't seen them since Tuesday."

No reply.

She must have told him by phone , or pethaps deleted her text on his phone weeks later, because about 20 minutes later, Travis

----

Weren't the ring and watch found on the counter after he was found on the 9th?

---

Shortly after the left, TA hinted in his replacement journal he knew the journal that had gone missing weeks before was likely stolen. He didn't realize for weeks longer that yet another of his journals had been stolen as well.

No reply.

----

He tells her that TA's roommates had seen some things in the house they had thought odd.

For instance, said Flores, they saw his CTR ring and watch on the kitchen counter. They thought that was odd, because he "never leaves town without them."

The replies quickly to that, saying

"No, he always leaves them there unless he is sleeping, then he takes those things and puts them on."

---
What an odd answer, in so many ways.

Perhaps she was quick to dismiss the significance of TA's ring and watch being where they didn't belong because she realized those things being found in his house at all might be problematic for her?

If she did give Travis his ring & watch back on the 4th, is it significant where they were later found? Any connection to her comment (lie) that Travis only wore them when he slept?

LOL I replied a little too soon. That was a very odd answer, and since she hadn't see TA since she went back to Yreka, how could they have gotten back to his house? I'm sure Flores knew she was lying right away, who leaves their watch on the counter and only wears it when he's sleeping? It begs the question though, why did she bring them back and leave them in that place after killing him?

Camera thought.....

Do any of you speculate that the camera and taking photos in the shower were NOT in JA's murder plan?

That she happened on the camera and on the fly decided to incorporate it into the pre-made plan?

And since she hadn't thought through the camera thing ahead of time, she didn't think through the many liabilities it might generate, like what to do with it before during and after, or how it might get in the way when she was dealing with Travis, or underestimating and throwing it in the wash....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member