Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use the link I put upthread, your head won't have to spin with PST and Utah time and all that. Just use this to enter whatever time you want and it'll give you other time zones.
The World Clock - Time Zone Converter - USA – Utah – Salt Lake City vs USA – Arizona – Phoenix
Thank you, but it gets confusing when trying to figure what was the real time in Arizona vs TA's computer time during winter. That's how Neumeister got confused and JM was mocking him on 2:44pm vs 1:44pm Spybot time.

IIRC Neumeister was trying to convert the computer accessed time by the State during 'winter' to TA's computer time or vice versa. This was when the defense was accusing the State of deleting files or watching *advertiser censored* from TA's computer iirc.

Not really a theory. Only a speculation because I think 5:30 pm murder seems not possible, based on when called Ryan.

The 3:34 pm (Melendez on day 6 of 1st trial), 4:19 pm (Flores report), 4:54 pm (Melendez, don't remember what day) computer usage was either noted by Flores or testified to by Melendez during trial.

I'm sure (for whatever reason, lol) the usage times are correct, but don't remember if there was ever testimony about what specific computer activity took place at those times.

IMO, without knowing those specifics, only speculation is possible as to who was using the computer.

Maybe it is significant that we DON'T know. Really, for example, could there have been a question of prejudice about entering the Cancun related email into evidence?

This is another fine example of JM knowing far far more than we do about what happened that day, and yet likely still not knowing a great deal about how the day unfolded either.

I think he bypassed the time setting option. So the camera retained its factory default time.
Sooo... GREEN Witch time zone? :D

I shouldn't laugh too hard at Jodi for that gaffe. One of our clients in the 90's was Greenwich Workshops, and I also made the mistake of referring to them as "Green Witch" Workshops. I only did it once. Trust me, you won't make that mistake twice. I also made the mistake of (mis)pronouncing another client's name ("Lightolier") in the 80's. Ugh! Those were fun times! lolol

I see. If that's the case, it sounds like if Travis set the time and am/pm correctly (and why wouldn't he?), then all the pics that day are indeed Arizona time, right?

My thought is he didn't set the time at all, I've had 3 cameras in the past 8 years and have never set the time or date. If you remove the batteries you lose the settings anyhow (and with the Kodak I had, it ate battery life so badly it was suggested to remove them after using each time, which I did).

TA didn't have his all that long and I doubt he took the battery out but I also wonder since he never changed the laptop time from what Deanna had it set on, would he have set the camera date and time from the default?

Sooo... GREEN Witch time zone? :D

I shouldn't laugh too hard at Jodi for that gaffe. One of our clients in the 90's was Greenwich Workshops, and I also made the mistake of referring to them as "Green Witch" Workshops. I only did it once. Trust me, you won't make that mistake twice. I also made the mistake of (mis)pronouncing another client's name ("Lightolier") in the 80's. Ugh! Those were fun times! lolol
When we immigrated to the US, I understood very little English.
First few times listening to the US National Anthem , I heard it as 'Jose, can you see by the dawn's early light....'
I could not understand why we had to ask Jose that question. Haha.

When we immigrated to the US, I understood very little English.
First few times listening to the US National Anthem , I heard it as 'Jose, can you see by the dawn's early light....'
I could not understand why we had to ask Jose that question. Haha.

Pinging off that onto just about entirely unrelated, OT and irrelevant tangents...

The literalism of a child

My mother to me, when I was about 7 years old:

"If you eat one more peanut butter & jelly sandwich you are going to turn into one!"

Me: didn't dare to eat another P & J sandwich until the age of 30 plus, and even then I hestitated before I bit into one.

My father, driving near our home in Berkeley CA, back in the 1960's, back when I felt sorry for all the barefoot people I saw because I thought they were too poor to afford shoes:

My father: " oh, bleep!!??$_&" That pack of Hell's Angels is right behind us now and catching up."

Me: Absolutely too terrified to look out the back window, even to see what angels sent from hell looked like. ;)

Until reading someone's post the other day about a bicycle found laying on T's garage floor (instead of hanging on bike hooks), I didn't even know a bike may have been part of the puzzle for that day. But if TA did go for a mid-afternoon bike ride (delaying Arias' itinerary for the day)...

A: who replied to Chris Hughes' text (between 11.00 am and noon)? Iirc, the reply was a-typical for Travis -- something along the lines of "did you buy one for me? lol" to whatever Hughes' question was.

If Travis was awake to go for a bike ride in the afternoon, and therefore still alive, wouldn't he have replied back to Chris Hughes' text? There were a lot of comments that the reply sounded like something Jodi would've said, and not something Travis would have said.

And B: when was the pic of a blurry-eyed Travis taken? (the one of him naked on his bed holding a thing of lube and flashing the peace sign)

Most people assumed it was taken in the late morning, but if Jodi wasn't there yet... then when?

All I'm trying to do by asking those two questions, Rickshaw, is work your bike-riding theory into two bits of evidence that we already know of from earlier that day.

Regarding the timezone setting on TA's camera... does anyone know when TA bought the camera and would have selected a timezone setting as part of the basic set-up? Didn't he buy it after Arias had already moved back to Yreka with her 3-pointed tail between her legs? That would have been after the daylight savings timechange, right?

Regarding A. TA could have been rattled by his phone calls the night before with , and thus have been quick and to the point with Chris.

Seriously, there might have been a gazillion other not immediately evident reasons for being short with Chris.

That's too few words to assign them to .

Regarding B. I have always believed came in on TA when he was self-jollying. This would have made the vile creature even more hideously mad than she might have been otherwise because TA would rather enjoy himself than have anything to do with . No woman necessary.

If had come in on TA in (self) flagrante delicto, she would have had material for her subsequent pedo lie with the photo. She had a habit of constructing lies around realities. Plus, it would have been the most delicious secret revenge ever to turn that particular moment into the damning pedo lie.

If that was June 4, she could have made off with the camera then to doctor it (she'd have had all afternoon), or she could have snitched it out of the study (or some such thing) while he was asleep. No lengthy interaction needed, and my speculation from upthread still holds.

There was no timezone setting available for TA's Sony.
He had an option to set year, month, day, time am or pm.
I uploaded the manual for Sony a few posts earlier but now I can't find it.. ugh.
He mixed up am and pm?

I'm sick and tired of this weather.
I heard it as I'm second tired of this weather. What is first tired then, I thought.
OK, I have more but will stop here.

I grew up English, very English. An American friend of my folks had a stepdaughter called Laurie. At age 5, I thought this was spectacularly hilarious, as I thought she was called "lorry", which, of course, is a truck! Americans are just so unfathomable.

How do you know?
Hope, don't read this!!!! lol.

Because I'm pretty sure 5:30 pm murder is not possible, and we know computer was being used at 3:34, 4:19: and 4:54. So murder also could not have taken place between 3-5 pm, because of the computer usage during those times. There's nobody to kill. So I think Travis was already dead by 3pm. Or 2pm because of the Spybot activity.

What's the speculation about those XXXX texts? Were they "read" because law enforcement read them?

read the "read" ones?

LE read the "read" ones and read then unread the "unread" ones? To see if might subsequently read them? Trap for ?

LE could also match the "read" ones with forensic retrieval on ' phone?

Could the origin locations be LE?

Hope, don't read this!!!! lol.

Because I'm pretty sure 5:30 pm murder is not possible, and we know computer was being used at 3:34, 4:19: and 4:54. So murder also could not have taken place between 3-5 pm, because of the computer usage during those times. There's nobody to kill. So I think Travis was already dead by 3pm. Or 2pm because of the Spybot activity.
Murder between 4:19 and 4:54? 3:34 and 4:19?

Murder between 4:19 and 4:54? 3:34 and 4:19?
4:19 and 4:54 - Timestamps on camera show ~5:10-5:35 for shower and murder. If the camera was one hour ahead, 4:19 computer usage cannot take place.

3:34 and 4:19- Zach is home. Plus, the last of murder photo (dragging photo) is at 5:33. If the camera was 2 hours ahead, at 3:34, she is most likely still dragging, rather than using the computer.

Hope4More said:
Don't know how to do a multiple post response in this new format...

You can just hit "Reply" and the quote will go into your Reply Box. And then the next post you want to quote - just hit the "Reply" button. BUT!! Be sure to remember which post you were on last, as it takes you to the bottom of the page where the Reply Box is. Also you can just high-lite what you want in the post and you'll see a pop-up thingy say "Reply" - hit that and that section will be in your Reply Box.

When I read a thread - I just hit reply on all the ones I want to quote, and then when I'm finished I go to the Reply Box and say what I wanted to reply to.

Hope that makes sense! LOL!

4:19 and 4:54 - Timestamps on camera show ~5:10-5:35 for shower and murder. If the camera was one hour ahead, 4:19 computer usage cannot take place.

3:34 and 4:19- Zach is home. Plus, the last of murder photo (dragging photo) is at 5:33. If the camera was 2 hours ahead, at 3:34, she is most likely still dragging, rather than using the computer.

But....timestamps on the shower photos are from 5:22-5:32, (4:22-4:32 PST).

A quick invasion of TA's privacy by the on his computer at 4:19PM is consistent with a camera on Pacific time & the rather than TA on his computer timeline, at least in speculative theory. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member