Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is MDLR even on Jodi's verifiable "legal team" any longer? Presumably, she wouldn't be able to visit Jodi any longer under that disguise?

I'm sure MDLR would be able to access PV without much ado. She was on the killer's team for years. PV staff are probably familiar with her from other cases as well as CMJA'S. MDLR probably has credentials that would facilitate a visit.

I believe it specifies "attorney of record" re: legal visits, etc. I took that to mean one officially involved in legal work for the inmate. MDLR would be out.

As for what intelligence caused this move, it may have been from efforts she made while at Estrella - didn't she mention having made contact with a few that were there in preparation for her move? They read her mail and knew who to keep her away from?

eta: just realized Hayden didn't mention whether or not she was supposed to have had mail privileges at that point. But we now know they know about it...

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 11m11 minutes ago
Bcse u asked: Just spoke to AZDOC Director on a dif story, but he confirmed what #jodiarias said in letter. Freshly painted cell. Not blue.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 3m3 minutes ago
#JodiArias cell moved to a dif spot in Lumley because of "intelligence" gathered by DOC. They would not comment on nature of information.

that's interesting...

Just watched Troy's report with snippet of his interview with the AZ DOC Director. The Director said all the cells were painted. He says they showed Troy that blue cell b/c that was a death row cell, so I guess they were assuming DP? The Director also said, more than once, that she was placed in a cell @ the end of a run. Decision was made both from intel received and the warden's decision to place her there. I would think a cell sharing only one wall with an adjoining inmate would have both advantages and disadvantages? It might be quieter, but it would also mean she only had one vent partner to 'work with'. A way to limit her interactions as much as possible? Didn't mention whether or not she should have been able to get a letter out, but he did confirm that her restrictions as max custody would be for a minimum of two years.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 58m58 minutes ago
#JodiArias Restitution hearing reset to June 22, 2015.

Is anybody watching Dateline? Tonight's episode is about a woman accused of orchestrating a man's murder. Throughout she plays the victim who has been consistently let down and betrayed by pretty much everyone. Listening to her talk on and on, she speaks in a quiet church-mouse voice, and lies, lies, lies. Sound familiar?

Is anybody watching Dateline? Tonight's episode is about a woman accused of orchestrating a man's murder. Throughout she plays the victim who has been consistently let down and betrayed by pretty much everyone. Listening to her talk on and on, she speaks in a quiet church-mouse voice, and lies, lies, lies. Sound familiar?

Yes, and called in the media to get her story publicized, in order to gain supporters for victims of rape, etc. Claims she was forced into everything; nothing was her fault. What's really scary is that she's a psychologist.

Yes, and called in the media to get her story publicized, in order to gain supporters for victims of rape, etc. Claims she was forced into everything; nothing was her fault. What's really scary is that she's a psychologist.

Go figure! ;)

I watched it, too. It was very interesting...especially how she was deceiving her husband in regards to planning on spending a week with a former boyfriend instead of attending a work related trip. Lie upon lie!

Gosh, this woman reminds me of Jodi! I can't stand to hear her talk.... She manipulated everyone around her to commit a murder, seemingly for no reason at all, since it was purportedly for a rape and the rape doesn't seem ever to have happened. Her boyfriend/first husband even looks like Jodi's boyfriend Bobby.

And the little girl victim voice. And hitting every word that ends in a -t with a sharp sound. Completely fake accent: notice how it's pseudo-English, not an especially foreign accent or from anywhere in the US. It aaaaalllllllll sounds like Jodi: a total invention.

And how many times was she victimized in this story? Victimized: to get married, commit a murder, rape, childhood molestation, to watch a murder, to be virtually kidnapped in her trauma by the pickup van which would run down the murder victim...

This one's a psychopath.

Everything that comes out of this woman's mouth sounds like a lie! Where are her college pals to speak up for her or defend her? Where are the people who believe in her except her poor duped husband and her groupies (who sound like Jodiland): I'll bet her husband would have been next. (Insurance money?) All the while, she has a new boyfriend? How would she have had all these men in her life and not be a one to socialize very much?

Gosh, the fake tears, the florid lies (to use JM's term), the looking to see if you were taken in by the last lie.... I'll bet her childhood was nothing like what she described....

And all she got for this was 6 years?

If you all wouldn't mind sharing, what is it about CMJA that stirs up all these feelings of dislike and hatred?

I have had to look long and hard at myself to figure it out, as I really don't hate anyone. Except for the shooter that killed my brother. My feelings are pretty intense and negative towards her. Big time.

IMO that's a good question. It probably goes to the heart of the case. She committed a horrible act, but she doesn't always act the part of the vile beast people expect and desire. Also, it could be setting up a discordant conflict in people's minds when it's possible that her story could be true. If it's true how can you support that? How can you stand with her ugliness? To look at the autopsy photos and her lies is disgusting. If she is in fact telling the true now, she could be hated even more, for how could you stand next to that and defend it? It would be easier to believe otherwise, hate and disassociate. But even more extreme hate can be attached to her if she's telling the truth and you'd have to stand next to her and defend it. So in some ways it's just easier to believe she's a premeditated murderess and act accordingly, than to accept any truth to her story and sit next to a corpse. Nasty business that's likely to cause more hate.

If you all wouldn't mind sharing, what is it about CMJA that stirs up all these feelings of dislike and hatred?

I have had to look long and hard at myself to figure it out, as I really don't hate anyone. Except for the shooter that killed my brother. My feelings are pretty intense and negative towards her. Big time.

I don't hate Jodi. I find her pathetic and rather laughable at her lame antics that we've all seen over and over again, and will continue to see in PV. Her utter lack of caring about TA and his family is no surprise. She lacks any sort of human compassion. She totally sucks.

The ONLY case here, that I have followed, that stirs up utter hate from me is the Sierra LaMar case and AGT (the accused). HATE that guy. My bad. :ohdear:

I got side tracked reading Jodi's stupid letter, when she started talking about bologna eating prairie dogs. Seriously??? What a fool. Falling over laughing along with my most beloved prairie dogs.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/c5a57e4573af66998f72977017a450b0/tumblr_mn45rozza11s7y8efo3_500.gif

They are probably rats and she is too dumb to know the difference. Reminds me of a Fawlty Towers episode - eees hamster Mr Fawlty.

Its a while back as the laptop has been in the shop but thanks to Rickshaw Fan for the thoughtful response on TA's character - I agree that he was a 'work in progress' and aware of his failings, unlike you know who. The dissection of her letter by the Behind the Words author was spot-on. As she says, she never shows a scrap of humility, something I think is borne out by her self-labelling of her tracings as 'art' and of herself as a photographer. She's nasty and manipulative for sure but there is also something quite pathetic about her IMO.

Just watched Troy's report with snippet of his interview with the AZ DOC Director. The Director said all the cells were painted. He says they showed Troy that blue cell b/c that was a death row cell, so I guess they were assuming DP? The Director also said, more than once, that she was placed in a cell @ the end of a run. Decision was made both from intel received and the warden's decision to place her there. I would think a cell sharing only one wall with an adjoining inmate would have both advantages and disadvantages? It might be quieter, but it would also mean she only had one vent partner to 'work with'. A way to limit her interactions as much as possible? Didn't mention whether or not she should have been able to get a letter out, but he did confirm that her restrictions as max custody would be for a minimum of two years.

This DOC director is changing his story. IIRC, in the previous interview, he had stated that the cell they were showing was it, regardless. It didn't matter whether she got DP or LWOP because the DP cells were empty anyway. Now he's making it sound as though she would only have gotten that cell if it was DP.

This DOC director is changing his story. IIRC, in the previous interview, he had stated that the cell they were showing was it, regardless. It didn't matter whether she got DP or LWOP because the DP cells were empty anyway. Now he's making it sound as though she would only have gotten that cell if it was DP.

You are so right. I think she cried the "blues" about being in a "blue" cell and to justify changing the color so as not to appear like they were favoring her...they had a number of cells painted. So much for not falling for her "manipulations".

You are so right. I think she cried the "blues" about being in a "blue" cell and to justify changing the color so as not to appear like they were favoring her...they had a number of cells painted. So much for not falling for her "manipulations".

I do agree the director is changing his story, but cannot in my wildest dreams believe they did a single thing b/c of her feelings. Painting probably more to do with the attention on prison conditions after the lawsuit settlement. The warden's decision to put her in another cell, IMO, has to do with her "restricted housing" status and the records they received from Estrella.

I could not read the letter on my screen but read Kim's article dissecting it. It's exactly what I knew we would see come out shortly after Killer's move to Perryville. I predicted way back that we would see tweets or blogs or youtubes or what-have-you, claiming she was settled in and comfy and doing well.

Also, that it is all lies, another attempt to rile. Expect to see more in this vein from the Killer or her mom, or whoever.

Kim says it far and away better than I ever could, of course. Every word of Kim's article is spot on!

I think what happened is along the way it was decided that she needed to be placed in a different cell. I would bet that the cell originally designated as "it" was before they got a full report from Arpaio. I think once they knew the full extent of Killer's antics they felt it necessary to place her in a different location on the cell block. That's how I am reading it, anyway.

ETA: OK, I see LinTX already said this. And it sounds like all cells on that block were painted, so it wasn't done just for Killer Arias. Seems they are cleaning the place up a bit, which is good, because it will give her and her groupies less ammunition and with that, less chance of special attention. IMO.

I do agree the director is changing his story, but cannot in my wildest dreams believe they did a single thing b/c of her feelings. Painting probably more to do with the attention on prison conditions after the lawsuit settlement. The warden's decision to put her in another cell, IMO, has to do with her "restricted housing" status and the records they received from Estrella.

If Wendi and Angela get their cells painted, then I won't think it was favoritism. :)......(and maybe they already did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky