Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the comment section below the story, GB from the UK is accused of sending a complaint to the bar, and further down, he actually owns the accusation. PATHETIC!!!!!

http://www.abc15.com/news/state/ari...t-prosecutor-juan-martinez-in-jodi-arias-case

LOL. It figures.

What a perfect last tidbit to read about to close the door on all things CMJA.

She's muzzled and frying hot in Perryville and will die there. The Alexanders are smiling and relieved and perhaps vacationing right now in Cancun. The State of AZ isn't going to pursue anything else related to her trials and the AZ bar isn't going to punish JM .

It's over. It's really really over. :)

Thanks for this; while I was reading the JA twitter search there were quite a few mentions/post copies about her 'defense fund', saying the first two appeals likely won't help her which is why they need to raise money for a private attorney, my question is - if she has these two appeals (paid for by the State) and is denied on both, what good would another attorney be? I thought the two you listed were the extent of her appeals?

She can appeal as much as she wants on her own dime once the state-sponsored automatic appeal fails, which is what everyone, including within her own camp, seems to expect. This of course is limited by the extensive time each one takes, and of course the exorbitant cost of each. However, even if she should unearth a sympathetic lottery winner from beneath some random rock, the chance for success for any independent appeal is not greater than that of the original state-sponsored one, since the facts remain exactly the same. The only real beneficiary will be the lawyer taking the money, and eventually running.

LOL. It figures.

What a perfect last tidbit to read about to close the door on all things CMJA.

She's muzzled and frying hot in Perryville and will die there. The Alexanders are smiling and relieved and perhaps vacationing right now in Cancun. The State of AZ isn't going to pursue anything else related to her trials and the AZ bar isn't going to punish JM .

It's over. It's really really over. :)

Just like Flores told her years ago. She didn't listen, but now she has no choice.

I never understood this line of reasoning. JA and TA's most recent interaction prior to 6/4/08 was of the nature of a major falling-out in which the dark underbelly of their relationship was finally brought to the surface by TA and presented to JA as the truth of what she was to him, and the rest of the world.

JA was (is) manipulative by nature, and they spent close to 12 hours together that day. Sex was a major part of her manipulation of TA throughout their relationship, and it only stands to reason that sex would play a major part of her manipulation in this last chapter. What better way to gloss over the truth that had finally been acknowledged than to cover it up with the most effective method available to her? Combined with promises and capitulation and she'd have TA right back where she wanted him, vulnerable and trusting one more, final, time.

If he was a willing participant in sex/photos that day, why is he throwing the bottling of KY at her as she takes that pic of him lying on the bed? And doesn't the Spybot activity on his laptop in his office conflict with the time stamp on those pics? They both couldn't have been 'user activated' at the same time. As to the phone sex recording (where he mentions the tying her to a tree sex play), the time stamp on it conflicts with text messages where he tells her to 'have Steve tie her to a tree', those both occurred within hours of each other (the texts having the date of 5/9 but in GMT time IIRC), too much unmatching evidence to believe both are as they appear, imo.

^That is reality. According to Jodi's "reality" her swamp cooler is working really well. So well, that she needs to buy 2 sweatshirts from the commissary so she can wear them at the same time. :facepalm: She's using reverse psychology to get her commissary account topped up. She just wants money for candy and treats. Two sweatshirts in Arizona in June, my butt!

https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartin...5700933290158/398024740391108/?type=1&theater

So, the poor sad remorseless killer is shaking from the cold and needs sweatshirts to be comfy because her swamp cooler is too efficient? Wow, that breaks my heart. In fact, I feel so bad for the poor sad remorseless killer that I might just send a note to the powers that be at Perryville strongly suggesting that they turn her swamp cooler off. Problem solved.

If he was a willing participant in sex/photos that day, why is he throwing the bottling of KY at her as she takes that pic of him lying on the bed? And doesn't the Spybot activity on his laptop in his office conflict with the time stamp on those pics? They both couldn't have been 'user activated' at the same time. As to the phone sex recording (where he mentions the tying her to a tree sex play), the time stamp on it conflicts with text messages where he tells her to 'have Steve tie her to a tree', those both occurred within hours of each other (the texts having the date of 5/9 but in GMT time IIRC), too much unmatching evidence to believe both are as they appear, imo.

I think there are two separate issues here. The phone sex tape probably was altered/edited. I read an analysis somewhere that said the Helio phone she allegedly used for the recording couldn't record phone calls for extended unbroken periods of time, so there was probably considerable effort on her part to make it and continued deception as to its origins.

As far as the KY incident, it's highly speculative to try to discern the the actual dynamics of an interaction through one still picture, but whether there was or wasn't hostility in that moment it shows them together with at least him being naked at that time, and that supports a sexual interaction, if not right at that moment than closely surrounding it.

As far as the Spybot timestamp, I don't see a conflict if it was triggered automatically. Neither one of them had to be there for that, so they both could have been together elsewhere, which is as indicated by the pictures.

So, the poor sad remorseless killer is shaking from the cold and needs sweatshirts to be comfy because her swamp cooler is too efficient? Wow, that breaks my heart. In fact, I feel so bad for the poor sad remorseless killer that I might just send a note to the powers that be at Perryville strongly suggesting that they turn her swamp cooler off. Problem solved.

Expect to see a fund raiser to that effect arise shortly from her camp.

Good read and comments are hysterical.

https://justiceandretribution.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/juan-martinez-nuff-said/

"Motionphiia: a rare but serious (and somewhat comical) condition triggered by envy, constantly being made a fool of, public humiliation, lack of attention, and greediness. Symptoms include filing dozens of useless motions on a weekly basis, weight fluctuations, weird fat distribution (especially in the chin/neck region), graying hair, and compulsive nose picking."

I think there are two separate issues here. The phone sex tape probably was altered/edited. I read an analysis somewhere that said the Helio phone she allegedly used for the recording couldn't record phone calls for extended unbroken periods of time, so there was probably considerable effort on her part to make it and continued deception as to its origins.

As far as the KY incident, it's highly speculative to try to discern the the actual dynamics of an interaction through one still picture, but whether there was or wasn't hostility in that moment it shows them together with at least him being naked at that time, and that supports a sexual interaction, if not right at that moment than closely surrounding it.

As far as the Spybot timestamp, I don't see a conflict if it was triggered automatically. Neither one of them had to be there for that, so they both could have been together elsewhere, which is as indicated by the pictures.

Yes, I think the Helio phones could only record for 2 or 3 minutes at a time, I have a ghost of a memory of her trying to explain that away by saying she had to keep hitting the record button (or some such) but as far as I could discern in the user manual I don't think that would work - I think she used another device to record their conversations and saved the pieced-together recording to the Helio on May 10th, giving it that date. That could also explain why only Travis' voice needed enhancement to be audible.

The recording, like the nudies, wasn't authenticated in any manner aside from what the expert did to make it audible (or the pics viewable) because both sides wanted them entered into evidence for their own purposes so neither insisted, unfortunately.

I haven't gotten to the hard drive evidentiary hearings in the videos yet (right now JA is testifying secretly) but will post any info I glean from that testimony as I'm sure we got little of it from the tweets.

ETA: I also think she saved the phone recording on the 10th because of the earlier fight with Travis about "Steve".

You're welcome!

I believe that the appeal paid for by the state is to the Arizona Court of Appeals. I think if that fails, she can hire an attorney to file an appeal with a higher court (Supreme Court?). I'm not sure on this, but I think that's the way it works.

That's my understanding as well. After the AZ Supreme Court (where Jodi hasn't had much luck so far), IIRC she can file for Post Conviction Relief. This would be at her expense. From our point of view, the groovy thing about Post Conviction Relief is that the appeal is to JSS. If I were Jodi (god forbid!), I wouldn't get my hopes up: this would likely have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding. After that strand is exhausted, IIRC, an appeal can be made to Federal courts, but only under very narrow circumstances that are unlikely to pertain to JA.

IMO, the call for defense funds is really a call for commissary dollars. Jodi's trying to rack it up before she's forgotten entirely.

Of course, if there are new charges against Jodi, that would be a lovely way of having her draw down her funds, unless, I suppose, she can claim indigency for the purpose of the new charges. It would be a lovely irony, however, if the new charges included "trying to hide money to game the system."

No doubt she needs extra money in her "defense fund" so she can buy sweatshirts and other gewgaws from the prison commissary. What do PV sweatshirts look like anyway?

Good read and comments are hysterical.

https://justiceandretribution.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/juan-martinez-nuff-said/

"Motionphiia: a rare but serious (and somewhat comical) condition triggered by envy, constantly being made a fool of, public humiliation, lack of attention, and greediness. Symptoms include filing dozens of useless motions on a weekly basis, weight fluctuations, weird fat distribution (especially in the chin/neck region), graying hair, and compulsive nose picking."

LOL@ Leave it to Keifer. :) Is he Hairyarse? Not that I really want to think about it... never mind.

That's my understanding as well. After the AZ Supreme Court (where Jodi hasn't had much luck so far), IIRC she can file for Post Conviction Relief. This would be at her expense. From our point of view, the groovy thing about Post Conviction Relief is that the appeal is to JSS. If I were Jodi (god forbid!), I wouldn't get my hopes up: this would likely have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding. After that strand is exhausted, IIRC, an appeal can be made to Federal courts, but only under very narrow circumstances that are unlikely to pertain to JA.

IMO, the call for defense funds is really a call for commissary dollars. Jodi's trying to rack it up before she's forgotten entirely.

Of course, if there are new charges against Jodi, that would be a lovely way of having her draw down her funds, unless, I suppose, she can claim indigency for the purpose of the new charges. It would be a lovely irony, however, if the new charges included "trying to hide money to game the system."

If she expects her defense fund to ultimately land in her commissary account, she can expect it to make two stops first: 'Restitution' and 'Wrongful Death', with the lose change left for her commissary account, a portion of which she'll probably have to 'share' to 'stay healthy'. I think she should get used to the idea of losing, for of such her future is made.

No doubt she needs extra money in her "defense fund" so she can buy sweatshirts and other gewgaws from the prison commissary. What do PV sweatshirts look like anyway?

For the 2015 Line? Boring and baggy, just like every year before or hence.

And with each failed appeal, the likelihood of subsequent success diminishes. Realistically, she probably won't ever have the money to fund her own appeal. Even if she does have $60,000, and assuming it survives the Restitution and Wrongful death claims, that's still not enough to turn the head of any attorney worth consideration.

Yes, I think the Helio phones could only record for 2 or 3 minutes at a time, I have a ghost of a memory of her trying to explain that away by saying she had to keep hitting the record button (or some such) but as far as I could discern in the user manual I don't think that would work - I think she used another device to record their conversations and saved the pieced-together recording to the Helio on May 10th, giving it that date. That could also explain why only Travis' voice needed enhancement to be audible.

The recording, like the nudies, wasn't authenticated in any manner aside from what the expert did to make it audible (or the pics viewable) because both sides wanted them entered into evidence for their own purposes so neither insisted, unfortunately.

I haven't gotten to the hard drive evidentiary hearings in the videos yet (right now JA is testifying secretly) but will post any info I glean from that testimony as I'm sure we got little of it from the tweets.

ETA: I also think she saved the phone recording on the 10th because of the earlier fight with Travis about "Steve".

I appreciate your diligence. Please do share anything interesting you find. IMO the computer issues were a distraction tactic by the defense, meant to sidetrack, confuse, and raise doubt, but nothing there material to the basic facts of the case. But as I said, if you find anything interesting, please share.

Like this, maybe?

ownedbyjm.jpg

credit PitchAFit

I appreciate your diligence. Please do share anything interesting you find. IMO the computer issues were a distraction tactic by the defense, meant to sidetrack, confuse, and raise doubt, but nothing there material to the basic facts of the case. But as I said, if you find anything interesting, please share.

Thanks, I will report what I hear, I recall a tweet or two mentioning the words 'user initiated' when the Spybot discussion was going on but as I can see in the videos, it's hard for JM to hear JA's testimony and he moved to sit on the left side of the table directly facing the witness stand when she began and mentions throughout his difficulty in hearing her, so spectators/tweeters may not have heard a lot or clearly the testimony during the hearings. I'm very interested in the hard drive hearings though, I agree with you it has little to do with her murdering Travis but I think it may answer some questions I (and probably others) have.

Thanks, I will report what I hear, I recall a tweet or two mentioning the words 'user initiated' when the Spybot discussion was going on but as I can see in the videos, it's hard for JM to hear JA's testimony and he moved to sit on the left side of the table directly facing the witness stand when she began and mentions throughout his difficulty in hearing her, so spectators/tweeters may not have heard a lot or clearly the testimony during the hearings. I'm very interested in the hard drive hearings though, I agree with you it has little to do with her murdering Travis but I think it may answer some questions I (and probably others) have.

Even if the Spybot activity had been logged as 'user initiated' that could mean almost anything in computerese, such as that the user had given the program permission at an earlier time to do what it was doing automatically at the logged time. That's why the many computer issues were valuable assets to the defense, they were ambiguous, variable, and difficult to attach directly to human activity, yet enough to raise uncertainty and doubt in the minds of sympathetic jurors. Unfortunately for the defense, there were precious few sympathetic jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove