Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This peripherally related to the Arias trial but wanted to share it here. I'm sure many of you remember my involvement in the trial (well all of our involvement) and one night sharing a magical story about one of our anonymous posters who was a huge benefactor for the Alexander family (but quietly) who I simply called "BB" for Beautiful Benefactor. She had sent me a large box of gifts to give the Alexanders and I ended up the day after I received it in a situation with one of Travis' sisters over a weekend and was able to hand off this package to her. It was filled with Vera Bradley makeup bags covered with elephants and T's sister shared 3 different accounts of how Travis had "visited" her through the symbol of elephants. It was such a magical day/story that I shared the entire thing here. BB's generosity inspired so many others to give and I walked in to that courtroom nearly every day of the first trial to sit with the family and almost never walked in empty handed. WS posters were sending me gift cards, gifts, money even M and M's I personally gave to Juan Martinez. BB had a huge influence on this giving that continued through the entire trial and beyond.
Well this poster and I have become very very good friends. And, due to the events of my life shifting and healing after being so intensely involved in the trial, I met the love of my life and am getting married this weekend. BB, who i can tell you now is our poster Zuri, flew in from her home on the East Coast last weekend to throw me the most beautiful bridal shower you've ever seen. If not for WS, this connection would likely never have been made.
I wrote a blog with lots of pics this morning and thought I'd share it with you. Oh and I'm taking my elephant makeup bag with me on my wedding/honeymoon trip. In fact it's already packed with special treasures.
Hope you are all doing great! Much love.

http://twoinnocents.com/2015/05/05/showered-with-love/

This peripherally related to the Arias trial but wanted to share it here. I'm sure many of you remember my involvement in the trial (well all of our involvement) and one night sharing a magical story about one of our anonymous posters who was a huge benefactor for the Alexander family (but quietly) who I simply called "BB" for Beautiful Benefactor. She had sent me a large box of gifts to give the Alexanders and I ended up the day after I received it in a situation with one of Travis' sisters over a weekend and was able to hand off this package to her. It was filled with Vera Bradley makeup bags covered with elephants and T's sister shared 3 different accounts of how Travis had "visited" her through the symbol of elephants. It was such a magical day/story that I shared the entire thing here. BB's generosity inspired so many others to give and I walked in to that courtroom nearly every day of the first trial to sit with the family and almost never walked in empty handed. WS posters were sending me gift cards, gifts, money even M and M's I personally gave to Juan Martinez. BB had a huge influence on this giving that continued through the entire trial and beyond.
Well this poster and I have become very very good friends. And, due to the events of my life shifting and healing after being so intensely involved in the trial, I met the love of my life and am getting married this weekend. BB, who i can tell you now is our poster Zuri, flew in from her home on the East Coast last weekend to throw me the most beautiful bridal shower you've ever seen. If not for WS, this connection would likely never have been made.
I wrote a blog with lots of pics this morning and thought I'd share it with you. Oh and I'm taking my elephant makeup bag with me on my wedding/honeymoon trip. In fact it's already packed with special treasures.

Touching! Amazing! Wow! Thank you for sharing.

Now reading the blog. What a lovely shower! Exquisite details.

Well this poster and I have become very very good friends.

And, due to the events of my life shifting and healing after being so intensely involved in the trial, I met the love of my life and am getting married this weekend.

BB, who i can tell you now is our poster Zuri, flew in from her home on the East Coast last weekend to throw me the most beautiful bridal shower you've ever seen. If not for WS, this connection would likely never have been made.

:congrats::congrats::congrats: :cake:

Congratulations and Best Wishes, KCL !!!

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

How wonderful and thoughtful of our very own Zuri to arrange a absolutely beautiful shower for you! Everything was so beautiful! She out did herself with all the lovely flower arrangements! Very beautiful and creative Zuri!

Congratulations KCL on your wedding this weekend! I am so happy for you.

What a great story! Out of such tragedy you've made a wonderful friend. Thanks for sharing. Thanks,also for your wonderful blogs.:loveyou:

Oh my!! :happydance: Zuri you did good! Those flower arrangements and everything is so beautiful - especially the bride-to-be KatieCoolady!! I'm SO happy for you! You definitely deserve it!!! :skip:
Enjoy your wedding, honeymoon and the rest of your lives together!! :grouphug:

The killer waived her Miranda rights simply because she thought she was the smartest person in the room. Flores did inform her of her Miranda rights and she chose to speak to him anyway. The killer also declined to speak further to Detective Flores during the time she was in Mesa for Travis' memorial, when she told him she had heard rumors that she was a suspect and thought it was prudent to not speak without representation. She willingly gave DNA samples. She willingly spoke to Detective Flores for two days in Yreka. Why? She thought she was savvy enough to get away with the murder.
While JW & KN weren't the best of criminal attorneys, they did their best to defend her. My guess is the killer rarely if ever followed their advice. This was far from a circumstantial case - there was alot of physical evidence that proved her presence at the crime scene. CMJA is sunk, her ship has sailed. I don't think there are any substantial reasons for an appeal, none to get her conviction overturned and granting her a new trial. I would be interested to know what the issues were between CMJA and KN. I will bet she disagreed with the majority of the DT recommendations. I wonder if the DT even wanted her to testify. She was caught in so many lies while on the stand.
I wish the prison would plaster her cell walls with pictures of Travis' autopsy. The killer still to this day thinks he deserved to die, IMO.

One issue was that she claimed in a letter to JSS that he wasn't visiting her or personally calling her back- having his staff do it, yet she then went on to say that when he did come to visit, she refused his visits!!! That's childish and stupid! Of course he was fed up with her for a client, and he had an uphill battle since the evidence showed she was clearly guilty. As much as I dislike him and the kind of law he practices, he did give her a vigorous defense given what little he had to work with! She can't claim Ineffectiveness of Counsel just because they lost.

I had jury duty in Maricopa County Superior Court yesterday. I did not want to be on the jury. I don't get paid when I am not at work and I work 2 jobs, not because it's fun but to try to make ends meet as a single mom and widow. It was a guy suing his insurance company Young American for some issue with payment or lack of after an accident, I assume.
Anyway, we were in the hall chatting after lunch waiting for court to start again, and we mentioned the JA trial and the judge. I said I would have died if I walked in and she was the judge. This other gal said that a friend of hers had Sherry Stephens in family court trying to retain the right to see his children, and the ex-wife got away with not having the paperwork required and not going to the required counseling and on and on and her friend, she said, probably hasn't seen his kids in 5 years now. Sherry did not do well for him either. She said her friend said it was terrible. I will be voting her out in 2016. She was not any better in family court.

Also one more thing, no matter how hard you may want to believe that everything there happened the way the prosecutor says it did (no matter how convincing, how verdical his version of events might be) neither he nor you may be ever 100 percent sure (unless you take it on faith of course) that it did happen that way, because neither he nor you weren't there and neither of you saw what really happened there in flesh and neither was there any one else ,you might find worthy of trust, on that fateful night to tell the tale... and on this uncertain note ,I think I have shared the totality of my opinion on the matter.

We weren't there, but I guarantee you that we have enough intelligence and common sense to realize that stabbing someone almost 30 times in addition to shooting them in the face and slashing their throat to the point of nearly decapitating them is not self-defense. Facts are facts. Veridical.

:drumroll::silly::laughcry:

<modsnip>

The killer waived her Miranda rights simply because she thought she was the smartest person in the room. Flores did inform her of her Miranda rights and she chose to speak to him anyway. The killer also declined to speak further to Detective Flores during the time she was in Mesa for Travis' memorial, when she told him she had heard rumors that she was a suspect and thought it was prudent to not speak without representation. She willingly gave DNA samples. She willingly spoke to Detective Flores for two days in Yreka. Why? She thought she was savvy enough to get away with the murder.
While JW & KN weren't the best of criminal attorneys, they did their best to defend her. My guess is the killer rarely if ever followed their advice. This was far from a circumstantial case - there was alot of physical evidence that proved her presence at the crime scene. CMJA is sunk, her ship has sailed. I don't think there are any substantial reasons for an appeal, none to get her conviction overturned and granting her a new trial. I would be interested to know what the issues were between CMJA and KN. I will bet she disagreed with the majority of the DT recommendations. I wonder if the DT even wanted her to testify. She was caught in so many lies while on the stand.
I wish the prison would plaster her cell walls with pictures of Travis' autopsy. The killer still to this day thinks he deserved to die, IMO.

There was nothing, but Jodi herself that could put her at the crime-scene at the time of murder. Photos have on face on them, they do little to pinpoint the time of death (for God's sake the man seems like he was tortured for a while before he was killed what with bruising and stuff) and Travis had enough time to ripen to make the exact determination of the time of death nearly impossible (making the timeline blurry).

The main thing here is that it's quite connate to humans to have doubts and it's up to each of us to determine whether those doubts are reasonable or not, however what "reasonable" in all of this means is rather unclear.

I mean, of course, you weren't there so you will never know for sure what happened there hence there must always be doubt in your mind about how much Juan's story coincides with the reality of things and if there are just too many gaps in his story (like where's the gun and the knife, where's the definitive proof that she was there at the time of murder, when did exactly he die) to turn your doubt reasonable. All he did was he told you a story ,and he's a good seasoned story-teller, and Jodi told you a bad story so you believed him over her.

However, the irony is that it almost always seems to come down to who is a better story-teller in cases like this (no witnesses, no murder weapon and a whole bunch of circumstantial evidence) and that she will spend the rest of her natural life in prison... but there's no denying that a huge wight has been lifted when justice triumphed,ain't there...

And by the way if someone else whacked Travis I bet that someone else would be laughing his/her *advertiser censored* off at how Jodi gobbled up the rap,howbeit we all know that Jodi did it (so there's no need in speculating), don't we, becasue it makes for such a great story...

Does AZ law prevent JA from writing a book about it?
If not, I am sure we will hear yet another version.
She will not do well without attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does AZ law prevent JA from writing a book about it?
If not, I am sure we will hear yet another version.
She will not do well without attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If she does, I'm sure it would go over about as well as OJ's book, but I'm sure the Alexanders' would be quite happy to collect any money she makes on it!

We weren't there, but I guarantee you that we have enough intelligence and common sense to realize that stabbing someone almost 30 times in addition to shooting them in the face and slashing their throat to the point of nearly decapitating them is not self-defense. Facts are facts. Veridical.

:drumroll::silly::laughcry:

<modsnip>.

Intelligence and common sense are known to fall pray to Comfirmation Bais, Group Mentality and other forms of selective thinking. Our deductory faculties are simply not always very reliable.
<modsnip>

Oh, my god, I even own that identical tea pot. What karma: extra special wishes to you! I know you are much loved.

There was nothing, but Jodi herself that could put her at the crime-scene at the time of murder. Photos have on face on them, they do little to pinpoint the time of death (for God's sake the man seems like he was tortured for a while before he was killed what with bruising and stuff) and Travis had enough time to ripen to make the exact determination of the time of death nearly impossible (making the timeline blurry).

The main thing here is that it's quite connate to humans to have doubts and it's up to each of us to determine whether those doubts are reasonable or not, however what "reasonable" in all of this means is rather unclear.

I mean, of course, you weren't there so you will never know for sure what happened there hence there must always be doubt in your mind about how much Juan's story coincides with the reality of things and if there are just too many gaps in his story (like where's the gun and the knife, where's the definitive proof that she was there at the time of murder, when did exactly he die) to turn your doubt reasonable. All he did was he told you a story ,and he's a good seasoned story-teller, and Jodi told you a bad story so you believed him over her.

However, the irony is that it almost always seems to come down to who is a better story-teller in cases like this (no witnesses, no murder weapon and a whole bunch of circumstantial evidence) and that she will spend the rest of her natural life in prison... but there's no denying that a huge wight has been lifted when justice triumphed,ain't there...

And by the way if someone else whacked Travis I bet that someone else would be laughing his/her *advertiser censored* off at how Jodi gobbled up the rap,howbeit we all know that Jodi did it (so there's no need in speculating), don't we, becasue it makes for such a great story...

Jodi admitted to cutting his throat. I don't understand what point you are trying to prove.

Um...no...there was more evidence than Jodi's word. Her handprint on the wall with blood for one, and there were pictures on the camera that were date stamped. It wasn't just a "great story" we bought. And "We" didn't "see" the trial the second time around as it was trial by tweet. I'm not sure where you are trying to go with this line of thinking. Do you think she didn't do it? Otherwise what is your point? She did it, she admitted it, and the evidence proved she was there. Lots of cases get tried and convicted with no murder weapons and some without even the body. And I suppose it's just another coinky dink that the same caliber gun that just happened to be stolen from grandpa's house is the same caliber of gun that was used to kill Travis, huh? Okay...

I had jury duty in Maricopa County Superior Court yesterday. I did not want to be on the jury. I don't get paid when I am not at work and I work 2 jobs, not because it's fun but to try to make ends meet as a single mom and widow. It was a guy suing his insurance company Young American for some issue with payment or lack of after an accident, I assume.
Anyway, we were in the hall chatting after lunch waiting for court to start again, and we mentioned the JA trial and the judge. I said I would have died if I walked in and she was the judge. This other gal said that a friend of hers had Sherry Stephens in family court trying to retain the right to see his children, and the ex-wife got away with not having the paperwork required and not going to the required counseling and on and on and her friend, she said, probably hasn't seen his kids in 5 years now. Sherry did not do well for him either. She said her friend said it was terrible. I will be voting her out in 2016. She was not any better in family court.

True. But, 281129 did get LWOP, and swiftly. Also, you are only hearing one side of the story with regards to the person you met.

Hang in there! I know it's tough when you have to make ends meet. :hug:

Well if this isn't just the most heartwarming display of all that is good in this world... and a testament that good can come from evil... I don't know whais.

I read a lot here, though I don't post much. It warms my heart to see your happiness and the unbreakable bonds of love and support formed by the Travis' family, friends and supporters.

Thank you, Zuri... and congratulations, KCL! May your good blessings continue!

Jodi admitted to cutting his throat. I don't understand what point you are trying to prove.

The definitive proof that she was there was her bloody palm print on the wall. There's no innocent way to get around that and she didn't falsely confess for anybody. Jodi got rid of the gun & the knife in the desert somewhere between Mesa & Utah. No need to find the murder weapons to know how Travis died and that she did it. Plenty of crimes are solved without the murder weapons. Sometimes the murder weapon is a person's hands or they wear gloves. This case was proved beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense never even tried to suggest that... Circumstantial evidence is very powerful stuff. Jodi had motive, means, and opportunity to kill him and she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
394tx