Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FAQ page for the fund says that figure will be a "rounded-off number", so maybe their idea of rounding is different?

The FAQ page is interesting reading. It begins to explain that taxpayers will actually "fund very little" of post conviction proceedings, then launches into a long paragraph describing all of the proceedings taxpayers will be funding before finally getting to the point where a private attorney would be retained. I don't know, to me that big middle part of the paragraph felt expensive. I didn't read it as "very little" in scope, but maybe their idea of gratitude is similar to their idea of rounding.

For the sake of my blood pressure, there are certain FB pages and sites that I do not go to, and anything supporting JA is a big nono for me. I do quickly scan what braver souls than I report they have seen there. JA supporters live in their own delusional universe , and anything they say I take with a huge grain of salt.

I REALLY like your comments in this post.
He was an interesting mix of "regular/average/normal" guy and self-examination and he had the potential of so much more in the future.

'Average' meaning 'normal' and assuming and trusting that people behave with good intentions. He got a little sidetracked by *cough* sex. Average guy.
Nothing wrong with that and I certainly don't mean it in a putdown kind of way! I mean because he worked PPL doesn't make him a bad guy and I agree with you that he could have continued on to greater things.

He had a future, he had continued growth.

:great: :yourock: :goodpost: :loveyou:

Here's my take on the whole PPL thing and Travis. Doing PPL evidently gave TA the confidence to make something of himself and be successful. Quickly. He appears to have had natural business instincts. These qualities are all transferable. TA could very easily have started his own company and been great at it. He was somewhat heading in this direction with his book, blog, motivational speaking, etc. In the not too far distant future, he might have outgrown PPL and struck out on his own. In the meantime, it gave him structures, goals, and a chance to learn about himself with a lot of support.

I'm not sure what the "whip someone's *advertiser censored*" talk was about, but I will tell you from my own experience that very successful salespeople are sometimes a little rough around the edges. This is going to be even more overt the further out a salesperson is on the "car sales spectrum." Like it or not, TA definitely belonged on that "car sales spectrum." However, he may not have stayed out there his whole career. He may eventually (maybe not too far in the future) have pulled back his loud energy and integrated the skilled entrepreneur and moral conservative sides. He was a contemplator and not extroverted to the exclusion of evaluating his own personality and behavior, so perhaps he would have come around to a more consultative and mature presentation. And as for the hypocrisy, I don't believe TA was blind to it. Plus Jodi encouraged and shared in it. The DT sure liked to emphasize it, though.

This is just my sense of what was happening in Travis' career trajectory. I did not know the man.

I never thought of hiding her restraints. I'm sure she would've love to wear more form fitting clothes to show off her figure. I really think she thought her feminine charm and body would help her to persuade the male jurors. Guess it didn't work,Jodi. LOL

I agree. That's why she fought so darn hard for JSS to let Wilma say... :drumroll: "the defense calls Jodi Arias to the stand" She wanted to stick out those **implants, suck in that belly while pushing out/shaking her :butthead: and slowly sashay her way to the stand. She wanted to make sure all the men on the jury got a good look at her, the goddess that she is. :giggle:

** I don't understand why she paid so much for those breast implants when she could have gotten a whole can of Fix a Flat for less than 5 bucks at Walmart :wink:

Here's my take on the whole PPL thing and Travis. Doing PPL evidently gave TA the confidence to make something of himself and be successful. Quickly. He appears to have had natural business instincts. These qualities are all transferable. TA could very easily have started his own company and been great at it. He was somewhat heading in this direction with his book, blog, motivational speaking, etc. In the not too far distant future, he might have outgrown PPL and struck out on his own. In the meantime, it gave him structures, goals, and a chance to learn about himself with a lot of support.

I'm not sure what the "whip someone's *advertiser censored*" talk was about, but I will tell you from my own experience that very successful salespeople are sometimes a little rough around the edges. This is going to be even more overt the further out a salesperson is on the "car sales spectrum." Like it or not, TA definitely belonged on that "car sales spectrum." However, he may not have stayed out there his whole career. He may eventually (maybe not too far in the future) have pulled back his loud energy and integrated the skilled entrepreneur and moral conservative sides. He was a contemplator and not extroverted to the exclusion of evaluating his own personality and behavior, so perhaps he would have come around to a more consultative and mature presentation. And as for the hypocrisy, I don't believe TA was blind to it. Plus Jodi encouraged and shared in it. The DT sure liked to emphasize it, though.

This is just my sense of what was happening in Travis' career trajectory. I did not know the man.

And let's remember, even in the field of Used Car Sales, not all are horrible people. We can't paint everyone in with the same broad brush. Many people go into car sales because it's quick and easy money. Only a few spend their whole careers there.

Some people are so foolish.....The money won't be going to any charities or to Jodi: the "trust" money goes to the Alexanders. No problem at all tracking down the conservators of any funds on Jodi's behalf and getting them prosecuted for aiding and abetting a crime, opening accounts under false names and to get around the law, money laundering, hiding $$$ for the purpose of evading bankruptcy judgments..... No problem, either, in tracking down donors. Donors are really going to get the wrong end of the stick in this. The heads of trust fund managers, fund raisers, and donors alike are going to spin faster than they can ever imagine with what's about to come down the pike.

Incidentally, no charity will accept money from Jodi and her minions. What happened to St. Jude—not to mention the specious donations to a domestic violence organization which made clear they had nothing to do with the Perryville Princess and never would—will almost assuredly happen to the dog shelter and the disabled children's fund. Bad publicity alienates legitimate donors who are acting within the law. Websleuths will be all over this, making sure non-profits know what they are getting, just as they did the last time. No charity will want to be a St. Jude.

Who will be paying for Jodi's lawyers in the Alexanders' civil case? Bwahahaha! Some lucky donors are going to be left holding the bag, I'd guess.... Or maybe Sandy and Sue? MDLR? They're all going to get stiffed IMO. Or else they're going to run off with the money.

AFAIK, there are tweets that show MDLR was managing funds and not just smuggling art work.

Any money for Jodi's use has to get placed in her commissary account in a trust managed by the State of Arizona. The Alexanders will get a very significant portion of this automatically deducted. That's the law.

As much as I wish what you're saying were true, I think they have covered themselves since the trust is not in JA's name. True, if those dollars were transferred to Jodi's commissary account, the Alexanders could legally set claim, but if the trust money flows directly from the trust to an appellate attorney, legally speaking it's not JA's money and never was. To my understanding, if the monies raised are actually used for legal representation, there is nothing the Alexanders can do about it. That's exactly why it's been put in a trust.

As for her legal representation regarding the wrongful death suit, well, that could eat up all her money right there, but I'm guessing she'll forego representation and simply default. There is no argument she or any attorney could offer that would change the decision the court will make about that...

The FAQ page for the fund says that figure will be a "rounded-off number", so maybe their idea of rounding is different?

The FAQ page is interesting reading. It begins to explain that taxpayers will actually "fund very little" of post conviction proceedings, then launches into a long paragraph describing all of the proceedings taxpayers will be funding before finally getting to the point where a private attorney would be retained. I don't know, to me that big middle part of the paragraph felt expensive. I didn't read it as "very little" in scope, but maybe their idea of gratitude is similar to their idea of rounding.

Per the fabulous blog cited ^^^^ yesterday or the day before, taxpayers do not fund the post conviction proceedings at all. Jodi gets only one appeal at taxpayer expense. That is to the Court of Appeals, with maybe an escalation to the AZ supreme court. (We all know how that went the last time, with an explicit variation on "Hell no" to the Perryville Princess). After that, she can go to "post conviction relief", but she'd have to get JSS to give the go ahead (fat chance) and it would be all at her own expense. I believe she can get an appeal through federal court after all of that, but only if new evidence shows up that would contradict the AZ court findings. Apparently, "new evidence" tends to mean "DNA". You're SOL, Jodi: your DNA's all over the place and you stated, without any speck of coercion, with glee and malice, that you presided over the slashing of TA's throat.

I think I have that right.

As much as I wish what you're saying were true, I think they have covered themselves since the trust is not in JA's name. True, if those dollars were transferred to Jodi's commissary account, the Alexanders could legally set claim, but if the trust money flows directly from the trust to an appellate attorney, legally speaking it's not JA's money and never was. To my understanding, if the monies raised are actually used for legal representation, there is nothing the Alexanders can do about it. That's exactly why it's been put in a trust.

As for her legal representation regarding the wrongful death suit, well, that could eat up all her money right there, but I'm guessing she'll forego representation and simply default. There is no argument she or any attorney could offer that would change the decision the court will make about that...

Accounts that are not in Jodi's name will be tracked no problem. Anything that benefits her in anyway will be. Plus, Jodi's been managing and directing these funds from behind bars. They are not at all at arms' length. JA's groupies got very bad advice regarding trusts. Some crook no doubt charged them an exorbitant fee and just told them whatever they wanted to hear.

Financial institutions don't like account holders who are attempting to evade legal obligations, because they can be liable. Even the person who opened the account can be liable if they don't perform due diligence, and that means knowing where the money is coming from and knowing where it's going, the bonafides of the account owner and a viable street address.

Plus, there's the little matter of the Ariases' bankruptcy and concealing assets from the bankruptcy court....

By the way, making cash deposits to an account at a financial institution? Massive red flag. Deposits to such an account in paper format: the depositors' names will be duly noted, as well as their home institutions, routing and account numbers, which can all be used to find a street address..... These twits haven't figured out that all this stuff gets scanned in when they make a deposit? All they have to do is to look at their personal account online and see the scans!

Yesterday or the day before, a blog was cited ^^^^ which spelled out way better than I can how easy it is to track down this stuff. There are special investigators who do this for a living, not to mention federal operatives and millions of dollars of computers. Plus, JA's groupies have left a trail a mile wide.

Accounts that are not in Jodi's name will be tracked no problem. Anything that benefits her in anyway will be. Plus, Jodi's been managing and directing these funds from behind bars. They are not at all at arms' length. JA's groupies got very bad advice regarding trusts. Some crook no doubt charged them an exorbitant fee and just told them whatever they wanted to hear. Financial institutions don't like account holders who are attempting to evade legal obligations, because they can be liable. Even the person who opened the account can be liable if they don't perform due diligence, and that means knowing where the money is coming from and knowing where it's going. By the way, making cash deposits to an account at a financial institution? Massive red flag. Deposits to such an account: the depositors' names will be duly noted, as well as their home institutions, routing and account numbers, which can all be used to find a street address..... These twits haven't figured out that all this stuff gets scanned in when they make a deposit? All they have to do is to look at their personal account online and see the scans!

Yesterday or the day before, a blog was cited ^^^^ which spelled out way better than I can how easy it is to track down this stuff. There are special investigators who do this for a living. Plus, JA's groupies have left a trail a mile wide.

I can't tell you how much I hope you're right!

(Oh wait, I think I linked that blog post here) So I hope you're both right!

I wouldn't be surprised if Aunt Sue or the Arias's start a new 'non-profit' just long enough to take the money from the fund. Can they pull an Anthony???

From that video:

JA:

"I can't fathom being in one spot for the rest of my life, I've been everywhere. I think that would drive me a little crazy."

"His (JM's) accusation that I was seeking fame was absurd."

"I think if I was honest in the beginning I'd be in a different place, and so would everyone else. And a lot of people will hurt for a long time."

There's so much more that we've all forgotten about...

In the old days, I worked in a brokerage firm. Ops was all over brokers if they didn't do due diligence. We had required training in identifying money laundering and various money scams. We were not allowed to open accounts if there was anything remotely fishy. And now computers are way more sophisticated and can pry into many more details.

In the old days, I worked in a brokerage firm. Ops was all over brokers if they didn't do due diligence. We had required training in identifying money laundering and various money scams. We were not allowed to open accounts if there was anything remotely fishy. And now computers are way more sophisticated and can pry into many more details.

I hear you, and I sincerely hope what you're saying is correct. I've also seen/heard/read things that contradict what you're saying. If there's any justice to be had in this case, I hope for the Alexander's sake that you're right! That would make my heart glad.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aunt Sue or the Arias's start a new 'non-profit' just long enough to take the money from the fund. Can they pull an Anthony???

That can be tracked. And starting up a non-profit is not a quick proposition, plus it gets a fair amount of scrutiny because it's tax exempt. Any movement of funds will be noticed. Defrauding the US Government by cheating the IRS and diverting funds hither and yon, is not going to be appreciated. A few tip offs to the IRS (or the bank involved) by interested parties, and BOOM! Mama Sandy and Auntie Sue will find themselves at a disadvantageous table in a courtroom.

And heck, if someone is inclined to tip of St. Jude's, YouTube, EBay, or a school superintendent in Hawaii, tipping off the IRS is ezpz. There's even a form for it! (Isn't there a form for everything that has to do with the IRS?)

The Anthonys' situation was different because their psychopath daughter was acquitted. There was no restitution. And no competing claim for the money, really, except maybe the law.

I can't wait 'til the restitution hearing. I'll bet Jodi's a no-show and the Alexanders' attorney(s) have a long list of Jodi's accounts, relatives' accounts, trust accounts, donors, PO boxes (using the USPS to commit a crime), street addresses, the felonious history of her minions who will now be under scrutiny for further violations of the law.... I think we can count on some creativity with the information that is offered up and how unfortunate it will all seem to JA's groupies.

If she has money in an appellate fund, the state of AZ should not have to pay for her appeals until she is totally indigent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54