Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if any misconduct is identified especially by MDLR. I feel she broke many rules in this case, back from when she was caught smuggling out the "Pinwheel" drawing (when she was actually caught and prohibited from visiting inmates albeit only for several days & tweeting "live" during the trial. I hope they find out who leaked the juror names. I think it was MDLR.

Beth Karas says that since the County Attorney now has the report on Arias, that it is possible that it might not be released to the public next week.

Witness and evidence tampering comes to mind. With any luck, some of her supporters and maybe MDLR are in trouble too. The inmate is going to be upset that her pet 'journalist' is reporting this. Looking forward to that report. :waiting:

I hope above all else that this information strongly implicates Killer's partners in crime. Not the murder--she did that alone--but those who aided and abetted her rule-breaking while awaiting trial, during trial, and after trial. A message needs to be sent in this vein and if there is strong evidence to prosecute I hope it is not just swept under the rug.

"Further" charges being possibly filed implies the charges would be against the killer as they wouldn't call something that has not yet happened (charges against others) a "further" occurrence. However, knowing how shoddy reporting can be and often is these days, "further charges" could just be a poor choice of wording.

IMO

Soooo. I'm watching (my not-so-secret crush) Bill Kurtis' America Justice and it's about Jeffrey Lundgren. Convicted of five murders, he was allowed to speak in court (same as ja, same as all defendants) and he spoke FOR FIVE HOURS. Not once apologizing, but preaching.

Soooo. I don't believe it when she says she wanted to say so much more as it appears she could have had as much time as she needed or wanted to say whatever she wanted to.

Soooo. I also can't imagine anyone's attorney advising them to "go for it" because their client had "nothing to lose at that point". No way, no how. Especially not with an appeal looming.

:gavel:

It will be interesting to see if any misconduct is identified especially by MDLR. I feel she broke many rules in this case, back from when she was caught smuggling out the "Pinwheel" drawing (when she was actually caught and prohibited from visiting inmates albeit only for several days & tweeting "live" during the trial. I hope they find out who leaked the juror names. I think it was MDLR.

I never understood why anyone would put their freedom on the line for the likes of Arias. Just dumb IMHO

CAMPAIGN UPDATE

May 22nd - $62,796.55
May 15th - $61,206.55
May 8th - $60,452.55
May 1st - $56,092.55
April 24th - $54,002.55

Yes, and called in the media to get her story publicized, in order to gain supporters for victims of rape, etc. Claims she was forced into everything; nothing was her fault. What's really scary is that she's a psychologist.

Does anyone happen to remember the title of this episode? TIA.

She would love another opportunity to get out of prison for a day....ugh.

Even if CMJA was given a new trial because of some error in the first trial, I really do not think she would EVER be let out. She was convicted of a horrible murder with special circumstances AND she has admitted to the horrible murder. They would keep her in prison the whole time, she isn't getting out. Now we know that sometimes people given a new trial are let out and usually have an ankle monitor. For example, Michael Peterson was convicted of killing his wife Kathleen. In the end that crazy Dwayne Dever misrepresented evidence and Peterson was given a new trial and let out with the monitor and he is still waiting for a new trial. I would say the difference here is Michael Peterson never admitted to the murder, there were no special circumstances and although he beat her to death, probably with the fire poke, he did not stab her 27-29 times, shoot her in the head and claim she was still alive when he slit her throat. Although both are murders, the murder circumstances are different. Stabby admitted the heinous murder. I believe she will never get out of prison, only in a box or if the State of Arizona goes liberal and they decide to throw her out on the street after 40 years in prison when she is in her mid-70's. I doubt Arizona is going to go liberal or that she would be a model prisoner deemed eligible for parole.

I deleted it already from my DVR as soon as I watched it, but the woman's name was Patricia Esperanza I think.

I deleted it already from my DVR as soon as I watched it, but the woman's name was Patricia Esperanza I think.

Esparza.

I didn't believe her story. I am not sure exactly what exposes it to be lies but I read deception in her face. For one thing, she overuses the word "absolutely." Her stories changed from one telling to the next. Plus, I felt the interviewer used leading questions that gave the liar a basis on which to build her portrayal as the lifelong victim. Her eyes darted around too much, IMO. She just does not come off as honest at all to me. I could not even find a reason to believe her claims that she was sexually abused as a child.

Esparza.

I didn't believe her story. I am not sure exactly what exposes it to be lies but I read deception in her face. For one thing, she overuses the word "absolutely." Her stories changed from one telling to the next. Plus, I felt the interviewer used leading questions that gave the liar a basis on which to build her portrayal as the lifelong victim. Her eyes darted around too much, IMO. She just does not come off as honest at all to me. I could not even find a reason to believe her claims that she was sexually abused as a child.

See, I kinda believed her about her father and being raped, but found it odd that she didn't immediately report the rape until it was too late to collect a DNA sample, marries the guy (supposedly coerced) and then was hostile to the police years later when they wanted to talk to her about him. If she was truly afraid of Gianni, why not cooperate with LE and get him convicted? He couldn't touch her in Europe.

I believe CMJA had bail set at $2 million on her arrest. Her family couldn't (or wouldn't) bail her out. I think I read this in her indictment or charging documents.

You could probably find it quite easily by googling the title of the series. It was on just a week ago or the week before that. Actually, right at the date we were discussing it.

See, I kinda believed her about her father and being raped, but found it odd that she didn't immediately report the rape until it was too late to collect a DNA sample, marries the guy (supposedly coerced) and then was hostile to the police years later when they wanted to talk to her about him. If she was truly afraid of Gianni, why not cooperate with LE and get him convicted? He couldn't touch her in Europe.

None of her family members came forward to support her, though. Evidently, a brother did say he believed the part about her father, but non one else did. I thought she was lying on this item, just because of her body language. Everything she said sounded like a lie. No one from Philips Exeter came forward (her posh boarding school), no one from college (Pomona) or grad school. No professors, no mentors, no colleagues. I also thought she might have cheated to get into the two elite campuses....

A lot of people believe she is/was the victim. I don't. I can't point to any one thing for my basis. Sometimes it is hard to tell but not this case; she seems shifty to me and that's a huge red flag. Plus, leaving her husband and child to attend a seminar in the States but really a meeting with a former BF? Seems she lies easily to everyone, including hubby.

DV and sexual abuse is despicable, horrifing, terrifying, scarring. It takes a special kind of evil to perpertrate such acts. But I am getting tired of women pretending to be victims. It's such a hot button topic and so detested that it's too easy for some conniving ones to get sympathy they do not deserve.

I watched the show and never left my seat so as not to miss a thing. I just didn't buy what she was selling. And it sounds like LE did for a while but then found evidence to the contrary.

You could probably find it quite easily by googling the title of the series. It was on just a week ago or the week before that. Actually, right at the date we were discussing it.
The title is "The Secret". Just caught it on my DVR at the end of Grimm.

Gosh, this woman reminds me of Jodi! I can't stand to hear her talk.... She manipulated everyone around her to commit a murder, seemingly for no reason at all, since it was purportedly for a rape and the rape doesn't seem ever to have happened. Her boyfriend/first husband even looks like Jodi's boyfriend Bobby.

And the little girl victim voice. And hitting every word that ends in a -t with a sharp sound. Completely fake accent: notice how it's pseudo-English, not an especially foreign accent or from anywhere in the US. It aaaaalllllllll sounds like Jodi: a total invention.

And how many times was she victimized in this story? Victimized: to get married, commit a murder, rape, childhood molestation, to watch a murder, to be virtually kidnapped in her trauma by the pickup van which would run down the murder victim...

This one's a psychopath.

Everything that comes out of this woman's mouth sounds like a lie! Where are her college pals to speak up for her or defend her? Where are the people who believe in her except her poor duped husband and her groupies (who sound like Jodiland): I'll bet her husband would have been next. (Insurance money?) All the while, she has a new boyfriend? How would she have had all these men in her life and not be a one to socialize very much?

Gosh, the fake tears, the florid lies (to use JM's term), the looking to see if you were taken in by the last lie.... I'll bet her childhood was nothing like what she described....

And all she got for this was 6 years?
BBM.
This girl was born in Mexico, so the Spanish accent isn't faked. I believe it is real. I also don't see her as bad as Jodi Arias, not nearly as evil. She seemed remorseful.

BBM.
This girl was born in Mexico, so the Spanish accent isn't faked. I believe it is real. I also don't see her as bad as Jodi Arias, not nearly as evil. She seemed remorseful.

I believe both Esparza and Arias told the abuse lies about their victims because they knew that they would get some people to believe. Killer Arias could not get enough believers but the fact that she got any at all is seriously disturbing. Esparza and Arias cases remind me of that case named the "Blue Eyed Butcher" where abuse was claimed to have resulted in not only murder but vicious overkill. DeVault made abuse accusations about her victim after slamming a hammer into his skull! And don't forget Casey Anthony, who claimed sexual abuse against her own father, which just as designed led some people to believe he probably abused and murdered her victim.

Some women are evil incarnate and we as a society need to be better at recognizing them, IMO. People are not inclined to believe a male abused by a female simply because he says it and we should not just take a female's word for it without some kind of corroboration. I'll admit I was taken in by Esparza's words at the beginning of her story; as humans we want to have sympathy for abuse victims. That's not a bad thing, but we need to see that evil incarnate can also be female, that some females use tears to garner sympathy where it is not deserved. Until then, there will be murderers allowed to walk free, and some will actually prosper.

DV and/or sexual abuse being such horrible offenses leave open the potential for sociopaths like these women to lie, accuse and even slaughter another human being--and be seen as a victim through it all. I believed Esparza about her childhood in the beginning of the program; before the end I saw through her lies. Same happened for LE and prosecutor in the case but unfortunately by then they had offered her a deal.

Is anyone else getting an audio advertisement on this thread? It is driving me insane and I will never be able to spend much time on here if anything exciting happens concerning Arias. How in the world do I get rid of it? It doesn't appear to be connected to any of the visual ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966