Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope it's just a book because they need him! If not for the lone holdout stealth juror, he would've had another Death Penalty conviction, and he's far better than the team that prosecuted Casey Anthony. Probably he just wants to set the record straight about things he's been forced to keep bottled up about this case for years.

I feel bad for JM, he's had to deal with JA for those years. Poor guy, he's an intelligent man and he got the opportunity to flex his brain with that trial and I don't think anyone else could have done a better job, NO ONE. But he must be annoyed enough that he needs to write a book.... I hope he's only doing it because he needs to close it, not because the public is still interested in that (pardonmoi my french)... but sincerely.

I see JM is publishing a book - will be out Jan.5, 2016.

From Amazon:
Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars
by Juan Martinez (Author), Lisa Pulitzer (Author)
Kindle and Hardcover

Makes me wonder if he is planning to retire? If so, I certainly hope it's for another opportunity rather than the AZ Bar complaint(s?). This article from Phoenix Magazine mentions two attorney groups working together on a "sweeping complaint" :

Confusion, the only reason Juan can't use the "you guys are *advertiser censored**holes" defense is because tainting the juror, contraband & exchange for JA, trashing the victim with heinous *defense (offense), generally frustrating the DA with such abuse of the legal defense profession, accusation of 'remarkable files' supposedly marked for deletion coinciding with the date computer was in DEFENSE' possession, and attacking Dr. DeMarte like a jealous undereducated 'sissy are for some reason, excusable in court.

If JM works relentlessly to discount witnesses who have drug histories, will lie in court due to prior manipulation from 'defendant,' wants to 'skewer' a 'witness' who's not really a witness because she's posing as a well-informed layperson on the subject of undocumented and unverifiable domestic abuse (victim's tires are taken in slashed - twice, breaking and entering occurs, acts of stalking they can't prosecute JA for at this point because she 'defended' :moo: herself from her abuser with knife and* gun, EVERYONE and their dog saw her do these things, etc etc)...then I say, he gets to do that!

Both sides end up sounding 'dramatic,' it's not just him, he wasn't even doing anything for show. It's a natural court retort mechanism and he was probably annoyed that the cameras were even there for a circus show. Lawyers who seem to come up with every inappropriate tactic truly annoy him because they waste his time, the people's time, and the state's/taxpayer's money, for what? For some d-bag? If I were JM.... oh man, this Robert McWhiny guy sounds like another individual who lost a case to someone intelligent, thoroughly competent, able to carry *some* deserving sass because he KNOWS he doesn't have to prove his self-worth to anyone.

I say if you have the passion and the insight to demonstrate to the court just how irritating it is to have to deal with attorneys who want to claim a stake to their OWN names and pull every cat and dog out of a hat to pad their own wallets, then by all means, do it. Don't enter the legal profession if you don't like rebuttals or anyone to question your line of defense. The jury wasn't stupid, (except for the woman who Maria dela Rosa's daughter? facebooked :facepalm:...), if lawyers can be intimidated, so can the jury, it could backfire on JM, but it hasn't*, for good reason. And the JURY wanted this trial DONE WITH already waaay back when as well! It was cat and mouse and it wasn't the DA who put on the show.

You can't waste the DA's time with childish defense* and expect him to roll over like some self-sacrificing saint because that's what alpha heroes do, JM's not a doormat, he's an educated professional, and you got roasted because you had no substance in your case(s) and that's the nature of the job. He didn't want a celebrity' trial. Next time tell your pathological client to keep her annoying face off my television with her 100 interviews!

These lawyers know they're facing someone with credibility and they're misrepresenting a credible professional with someone who has an actual desire for status. They expected to have won the case with dirty tactics (or a "come on, big guy, let us have ONE good day in court, let us THINK we're wining, just a little?", *le sigh*), the DA to be detrimentally accepting in the courtroom, and not have gained any more notoriety than the tactless attorneys who fear ruined reputations.

Professionally/academically, he's not rolling over like a saint for the 'poor, less prestigious, self-pitying attorneys' who resent him for his hard-earned reputation due to EFFICIENT hard work, using his ACTUAL legal/research skills, not playing dirty games and still* making his case and passion known ANYWAY. JM doesn't scare me, if I were a wimp with no class, I might feel threatened by him. But fair is fair, sometimes, you have to take your lumps and realize you've been beaten and not have a cow about it! Use it as a learning experience, not start some vengeful/spiteful vendetta against 'your enemy.' That just makes these attorneys seem JUST like they're clients!

Whoa, I was in no way saying he is anything close to corrupt or incompetent, I think he's fantastic! But there are people in Maricopa County that would love to see him go for political, professional and/or social (anti DP) reasons. He's served quite a long time and may be ready to move on. He may be sick of the politics. Or maybe it's just a book and he's not making any changes, but most of the time books are released once the person is out of office.

First...YAY!!!!!! that he's writing a book! THE definitive book on CMJA and the trial.

Why is he writing it? Not because he fears a little swarm of petty defense bar gnats, and certainly not for money or (yet more) fame.

In his post-verdict interview JM said he'd been encouraged/recruited to run for a political office (IIRC, for governor), but that he wasn't interested "at this time," because he thought he was already exactly where he needed to be, doing what he did best.

That interview was a long time ago. JM had just lost the DP he had been righteously working towards for many years, and had lost it by that excruciatingly narrow margin of one tainted vote.

He was tired, and IMO, no matter what he said to himself or to the media, he had to have been galled.

Maybe he is now considering a larger platform ...a legal talking head gig, though I can't see him enjoying the faux debate of soundbite exchanges he'd be forced to endure.

Or, maybe, he mistakenly believes he still owes something to Travis or to his family, because he didn't deliver on the DP, in which case he will likely demolish CMJA, and accomplish that with consummate professionalism and deadly wit.

The book blurb says JM knows CMJA best. I bet that's true. I loved his responses about her in that interview... he clearly believes she IS a psychopath. I'm looking forward to reading about how he prepped to cross examine her, what his strategy was to trap her with her own lies and into revealing herself as the antithesis of a shy little abused girl with low self esteem.

That would be enough for me, but wouldn't it be awesome if he wrote about those pedo letters? And about that gmail chat? And about other attacks on TA that were excluded by JSS as too prejudicial (hacking into his bank accounts? Stealing $$$ from him? Messing with his clients)?

Just wish some of that sealed stuff was made public so he could add those stories, but I'll read whatever he has to say! I'm sure there's plenty he can talk about <grin>

i just preordered. I do hope he makes a lot of money. I can't wait to hear the evidence that was too prejudicial.

We're gonna need a new thread when JM's book comes out!!

Wiill JA be reading it?????

You know she will. And noting each and every time she is de-edified by Juan (which will be a lot!). :jail: :tantrum:

i just preordered. I do hope he makes a lot of money. I can't wait to hear the evidence that was too prejudicial.

Oh jodi isn gonna like this. Im glad she is where she cant slit his throat. The man she hates the most will make some money off her. Karma. haha

First...YAY!!!!!! that he's writing a book! THE definitive book on CMJA and the trial.

Why is he writing it? Not because he fears a little swarm of petty defense bar gnats, and certainly not for money or (yet more) fame.

In his post-verdict interview JM said he'd been encouraged/recruited to run for a political office (IIRC, for governor), but that he wasn't interested "at this time," because he thought he was already exactly where he needed to be, doing what he did best.

That interview was a long time ago. JM had just lost the DP he had been righteously working towards for many years, and had lost it by that excruciatingly narrow margin of one tainted vote.

He was tired, and IMO, no matter what he said to himself or to the media, he had to have been galled.

Maybe he is now considering a larger platform ...a legal talking head gig, though I can't see him enjoying the faux debate of soundbite exchanges he'd be forced to endure.

Or, maybe, he mistakenly believes he still owes something to Travis or to his family, because he didn't deliver on the DP, in which case he will likely demolish CMJA, and accomplish that with consummate professionalism and deadly wit.

The book blurb says JM knows CMJA best. I bet that's true. I loved his responses about her in that interview... he clearly believes she IS a psychopath. I'm looking forward to reading about how he prepped to cross examine her, what his strategy was to trap her with her own lies and into revealing herself as the antithesis of a shy little abused girl with low self esteem.

That would be enough for me, but wouldn't it be awesome if he wrote about those pedo letters? And about that gmail chat? And about other attacks on TA that were excluded by JSS as too prejudicial (hacking into his bank accounts? Stealing $$$ from him? Messing with his clients)?

Hi Hope, good to see ya around again. Great post.

I am absolutely thrilled to know this (much thanks for the post LinTX :loveyou:). I believe Juan totally has, and always had, this murderer's number--I can't wait to finally see the truth about who and what this killer really is by someone that knows her best. I also find it absolutely delicious that it will be Juan that exposes her, UNCENSORED, for what she really is---I love it--her sworn enemy beating her at her own game.

Not to mention I bet Jenny and Kirk are sweating bullets as to what he may reveal about them :eek: :panic:. Love Martinez even more than I thought possible now. :takeabow:

I guess we'll hear rumors of another "breakdown" once his book is released. Just FABULOUS and positively Karmic!!:dance::clap:

Going to pre-order now!!!!

LOL! Excellent point! Oh, yessssss we will :hilarious: Looking forward to this new episode with information not heard by us including his thoughts and process.
I wonder if he'll cut Nurmi some slack since he tried so hard and repeatedly to be released from having to defend her?
I know we'll get some awesome insight into the legal proceedings and why or why not some items were brought up and not others.

*rubbing hands together gleefully* =======> lol, it also might be pretty quiet here for a few days while we all get to reading!

HEY MODS were gonna need a bigger thread.jpg

Hi Hope, good to see ya around again. Great post.

I am absolutely thrilled to know this (much thanks for the post LinTX :loveyou:). I believe Juan totally has, and always had, this murderer's number--I can't wait to finally see the truth about who and what this killer really is by someone that knows her best. I also find it absolutely delicious that it will be Juan that exposes her, UNCENSORED, for what she really is---I love it--her sworn enemy beating her at her own game.

Not to mention I bet Jenny and Kirk are sweating bullets as to what he may reveal about them :eek: :panic:. Love Martinez even more than I thought possible now. :takeabow:

I guess we'll hear rumors of another "breakdown" once his book is released. Just FABULOUS and positively Karmic!!:dance::clap:

Going to pre-order now!!!!

I ordered mine Saturday. I am really looking forward to what he has to say...should be a very good read!

They took my letter!!

Anyway, welcome!! :rollercoaster: enjoy the ride.

You know she will. And noting each and every time she is de-edified by Juan (which will be a lot!). :jail: :tantrum:

This reminds me of the last few minutes of the 1983 movie, 'The Crush.' JA's worse actress though.

CMJA's world:
All the males have to find her approachable, males have more empathy because the personality she picks caters to them*, they aren't as keen on her more elusive 'social' behavior (I believed she wanted to 'butterfly' JM and the "why doesn't he love me?" comment), she has to prove herself to them. Her own household insinuates 'the husband/paternal figure' is the more concerning figure, source of narcissism perhaps.

She's chauvinist, women are NOT as important (women cause her insecurity, we are only here 'to play roles,' no matter how brilliant, it's only 'perceived brilliance/intelligent,' we converse with purposeful and/or petty design, and aren't as pretty as her, :rolleyes:). The pretty, well-eduacated Yale-graduate with dual-majors isn't a real enough person.

The timid, librarian look was an attempt to fool BOTH genders. One due to physical look, the other for emotional abuse suffered.

The more emotionally complex you are (Travis, Juan Martinez, or Samantha Alexander), she's gonna make you her next 'caseload,' so she doesn't lose her supporters and to keep her delusional sense of importance to said person, like narcissists and stalkers do. Which is why you should ignore them if you get that vibe else after direct your main point at them and then move on. They have to chew on empathy for others, not you chew on the lack of theirs. If Samantha wrote a book, she'd get it. She'd be pissed. If Steven wrote a book, she'd be sentimental and regret "she had to do it."

I'm sure Juan will make her break her little wee-wee pads out. "But, that's not true! OMG, you have such a little man complex because you're alwaaays talking to make your point and not supposed to talk about what women talk about: my lies; ie. not a real man!" "Samantha is such a b****." "DeMarte is a b**** anyways, even my own small, timid, Willma said so."

She dehumanizes anyone who holds conviction. She fantasizes about power and loss of power, I am so glad JM will have a word in that sense.. if he chooses to write about her in personal terms, which IMO, is beneath him. Buuuut, if he wants to make a chapter solely containing the statement, "CMJA is such a *****." I would laugh.

I am so looking forward to Juan's book! I hope it is as thorough as Bugliosi's "Helter Skelter". I too believe Juan developed a unique insight into the killer's psyche. I can't wait to read about evidence deemed "too predjudicial" to be introduced about the killer's past hehaviors, why Matt McCartney didn't testify, what motions the killer filed while she was "pro se", why her family never testified as character witnesses, etc. I hope the book is truly available as promised in January without delay.
I have been lurking FB and internet sites almost daily for updates and perspectives on this case. It's amazing as it appears this case still has a life of its own.
BTW, Happy Birthday to Travis today. God Bless him, gone too soon b/o that psychopath CMJA. Perhaps he would have had a wife and children by now. Sad to know his fate was sealed when he met CMJA in Las Vegas.
Let's do a good deed for someone today with Travis in mind.

BTW, Happy Birthday to Travis today. God Bless him, gone too soon b/o that psychopath CMJA. Perhaps he would have had a wife and children by now. Sad to know his fate was sealed when he met CMJA in Las Vegas.
Let's do a good deed for someone today with Travis in mind.

BBM. IMO that wasn't chance encounter: she stalked him there. She had wormed her way into other VIP contexts for PPL and I'll bet she had heard all about him, then plotted to "bump" into him. I'll bet she had several outfits in her suitcase that she could have worn for that gala dinner, but no, she went for the Cinderella theme of getting dressed and mentored by her "fairy godmother", Skye, so she could meet her prince. She even thinks of herself as a princess!

The fact that she kept insisting she bumped into him in Las Vegas made it a mere certainty that it wasn't an accidental encounter. She had plotted and planned this for months.

So, IMO, Travis' fate was sealed long before he ever met killer princess.

BBM. IMO that wasn't chance encounter: she stalked him there. She had wormed her way into other VIP contexts for PPL and I'll bet she had heard all about him, then plotted to "bump" into him. I'll bet she had several outfits in her suitcase that she could have worn for that gala dinner, but no, she went for the Cinderella theme of getting dressed and mentored by her "fairy godmother", Skye, so she could meet her prince. She even thinks of herself as a princess!

The fact that she kept insisting she bumped into him in Las Vegas made it a mere certainty that it wasn't an accidental encounter. She had plotted and planned this for months.

And...why wasn't an off-the-rack dress fom Kohl's good enough?? Kohl's does have lots of appropriate partywear dresses.

I saw a couple of white-shirted Mormon yutes walking the neighborhood this afternoon and my thoughts turned to TA. Happy b'day to you.

I also did my good deed for the day earlier this morning. Two good deeds if you count not running over a squirrel who had scurried out into my lane of traffic. Whew, close one!

I don't think she "plotted" to meet Travis per se. A rich young Mormon, perhaps. I read Chris & Sky's book and it seems as though even Sky says the meeting between JA and Travis was a chance encounter.
However, after she met him, she was on a mission to snag him, no doubt.

Happy Birthday dear Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member