Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a predator. She preyed on him after assessing his suitability as a victim. She chose well.

Of course he "should" have taken steps to protect himself, most especially cutting off all contact with her, at least after she left Mesa.

See above. She toyed with him, played head games non-stop, undermined his confidence and sense of self-worth, helped destroy him financially, sabotaged his relationships.....

He was wide open vulnerable to her, kept perpetually off-balance by her, and shortly after she arrived in Mesa, was distracted by having to put out larger and larger fires she'd set that he didn't yet attribute to her.

I think he didn't genuinely FEAR her until entirely too late. She chose well.

I did know she was doing this stuff. She caught him off-guard, lied her way in. And people react the way they see fit, based on their own experiences, plus she was exhausting him, affected his mental efforts. At least he chose to contact the police right away. I do wonder though, that perception of women was probably how she got involved with him though. She looks like a trap to me*.

She milked the whole "I'm just a girl" angle. As far as his initial time with JA though, I'm still a little raw about how Sky did confide in Travis at certain points about JA (she wasn't the only individual), Travis at one point responds with a "you're being mean" (reflexive) comment. Meanwhile, JA is only ever harassing Sky about TA, and TA's rude accusation that Sky might '*advertiser censored*-shame' Arias if she wore a bikini... I mean I do* go "WTF, Travis" every now and then, I'm sure we all do with this case (why did he do that or didn't do that despite his misgivings). In the end, I will say this:

His lack of anger/boundary issues concerning JA aside, he didn't have the right to judge Sky that way. He needed to check himself. Even if we're best buds and your new girlfriend is giving you the worst time in your life, you're religious, or whatever, I will lose my patience if you infer I might shallow and vain in my honesty with you. I think it probably just comes from a place where I think our society still has trouble with women being more than just one of two things/personalities. Males with conviction as opposed to women with conviction, are thought of as two separate entities in our world (business world as opposed to interpersonal relationships). Most obviously, we see it at the workforce, and it isn't just the men guilty of setting this double standard. It's one reason women have a hard time finding they should assert themselves, (she's stuck-up, or rude, or whatever). Whether or not Travis meant to infer that notion/sentiment, he's a guy, he's not infallible, at least that much I will say about him. ;)

I said something to this effect a while back actually. Obviously *she should be held responsible for the mental anguish she caused him (especially at sentencing), just that when someone told him to watch out for her, at least that once, he shouldn't have been stubborn about it and listened to the advice from someone who he was lucky to have giving it. Female intuition alone, it was not, JA spent enough time around Sky at that point. I think Sky was over the top gracious at that point that she didn't just lose her cool at that moment.. My friends, would NOT be that lucky. ;) You can call me whatever name you'd like, least I tried.

She milked the whole "I'm just a girl" angle. As far as his initial time with JA though, I'm still a little raw about how Sky did confide in Travis at certain points about JA (she wasn't the only individual), Travis at one point responds with a "you're being mean" (reflexive) comment. Meanwhile, JA is only ever harassing Sky about TA, and TA's rude accusation that Sky might '*advertiser censored*-shame' Arias if she wore a bikini... I mean I do* go "WTF, Travis" every now and then, I'm sure we all do with this case (why did he do that or didn't do that despite his misgivings).

I don't know about the *advertiser censored*-shaming stuff, but JA often wore bikinis, extremely revealing ones, and this is "not on" for Mormons. In that world, bikinis are about being a *advertiser censored*. Heck, in my world (though I'm not religious), I find it offensive, too. Plus, several times that I seem to recall, TA told JA to tone it down. E.g. when they went to Palmyra he said no to displays of affection: she still draped herself all over him.

Bizarre: JA has a Mormon chaperone at Havasupai, but leaves nothing to the imagination the way she's dressed.

Yes, it's a shame that TA went for the standard male go-to, "*advertiser censored*", when he wanted to distance himself from JA, but was he really that far off with this description? And he had tried so many things already!

I don't know about the *advertiser censored*-shaming stuff, but JA often wore bikinis, extremely revealing ones, and this is "not on" for Mormons. In that world, it is about being a *advertiser censored*. Heck, in my world (though I'm not religious), I find it offensive, too. Plus, several times that I seem to recall, TA told JA to tone it down. E.g. when they went to Palmyra he said no to displays of affection: she still draped herself all over him.

Bizarre: JA has a Mormon chaperone at Havasupai, but leaves nothing to the imagination the way she's dressed.

Yes, it's a shame that TA went for the standard male go-to, "*advertiser censored*", when he wanted to distance himself from JA, but was he really that far off with this description? And he had tried so many things already!

Reading 3 months' worth texts back and forth between TA and all his friends, what becomes clear is that he was consistently respectful about and towards women.

He talks to his friends who are women about how they feel, offers advice when asked, teases them gently, is unfailingly polite and generous.

More revealing are his many conversations with Taylor about GF problems and relationships. He supports Taylor without ever badmouthing the GFs Taylor is having problems with. Ironically, he advises Taylor at one point to dump a GF because she's cheated on him. He tells Taylor that he doesn't deserve to be treated that way, but he doesn't tear down the GF.

The *advertiser censored* shaming comment is one of a kind from what I've seen. Maybe the word *advertiser censored* popped into his mind because that, bottomline, is what he thought of her relentlessly trying to throw her body at him .

I don't know about the *advertiser censored*-shaming stuff, but JA often wore bikinis, extremely revealing ones, and this is "not on" for Mormons. In that world, it is about being a *advertiser censored*. Heck, in my world (though I'm not religious), I find it offensive, too. Plus, several times that I seem to recall, TA told JA to tone it down. E.g. when they went to Palmyra he said no to displays of affection: she still draped herself all over him.

Yeah, that was in the book too, the jacuzzi incident, JA wouldn't get off of him. But what I meant was directed more at how inappropriate it was only because Sky is not that type of woman. They were at a pool or something of the sorts, he came out all upset that Sky might be vulgar - what JA claimed, to him. Jodi's Jodi (whole 'nother issue), but in that moment it was more of a "why in the world would I publicly shame a girl's body?" I mean women wear them on the beach everywhere so. It's inappropriate, she knows that. No excuses for this incident, manipulation or otherwise, TA should have thought that one through.

Was he out of town? Or maybe that was the night he slept at Lisa's folks' house? She slashed his tires and then got into his bed? It sure doesn't sound like he's there with her: there'd be more saccharine ooze.

She slept in his bed the night before the first tire slashing. I don't think he was there either, or she would have written about it. Even creepier. She helps herself to his house, sleeps in his bed, then slashes his tires 2 nights in a row.

Reading 3 months' worth texts back and forth between TA and all his friends, what becomes clear is that he was consistently respectful about and towards women.

He talks to his friends who are women about how they feel, offers advice when asked, teases them gently, is unfailingly polite and generous.

More revealing are his many conversations with Taylor about GF problems and relationships. He supports Taylor without ever badmouthing the GFs Taylor is having problems with. Ironically, he advises Taylor at one point to dump a GF because she's cheated on him. He tells Taylor that he doesn't deserve to be treated that way, but he doesn't tear down the GF.

The *advertiser censored* shaming comment is one of a kind from what I've seen. Maybe the word *advertiser censored* popped into his mind because that, bottomline, is what he thought of her relentlessly trying to throw her body at him .

I do feel he had a problem in this instance with a woman making a critical judgment. He shouldn't have been sleeping with Arias, that is a part of the weakness he had. But he did respect them in a way, spend additional time with them that is beyond what we ordinarily see with young men. I think he needed a role model personally, but I do think there was some immaturity about women with strong convictions. Perhaps he felt they should not be judgmental? Women did intimidate Travis to a degree. I don't think that means they didn't love him or vice versa. I should state, she did look at him and ask him why she would do such a thing in that instant, to which he responded in defeat, "I don't know."

I do feel he had a problem in this instance with a woman making a critical judgment. He shouldn't have been sleeping with Arias, that is a part of the weakness he had. But he did respect them in a way, spend additional time with them that is beyond what we ordinarily see with young men. I think he needed a role model personally, but I do think there was some immaturity about women with strong convictions. Perhaps he felt they should not be judgmental? Women did intimidate Travis to a degree. I don't think that means they didn't love him or vice versa. I should state, she did look at him and ask him why she would do such a thing in that instant, to which he responded in defeat, "I don't know."

I think Travis was insecure about women and needed lots of reassurance from them that he was OK. His feelings seem to get easily hurt by anything said that seemed to him to be critical.

IMO that had nothing to do with being intimidated by women with strong convictions. He would never have had the friendship he had with Sky if he couldn't handle blunt spoken , highly opinionated , and often enough, critical women.

I don't remember the *advertiser censored* shaming comment at all. Did it come directly from Travis or Sky, or was it something the killer said Travis or Sky said?

Either way, I don't have any need to find Travis faultless or a saint, just think he was pretty respectful of women and that he actually liked them...

The timing of the killer's latest motion only helped boost the pre-order sales of Juan's book, in spite of the 2 or 3 week delay of its release. Hoisted by her own petard yet again. :laugh:

Footnote to tire slashings info.

I'd forgotten that the killer drove Travis to pick up his car after the first slashing, then followed him on the highway, saw him turn off at Lisa's exit, and called or texted him to tell him he got off on the wrong exit. Slashed his tires that night too, at Lisa's again.

That is new news to me. I bet she was going crazy when she realized where he was going. Travis actually put Lisa in danger by going to her house with that monster behind him, especially since he suspected CMJA. Why didn't any of that come into evidence?

The timing of the killer's latest motion only helped boost the pre-order sales of Juan's book, in spite of the 2 or 3 week delay of its release. Hoisted by her own petard yet again. :laugh:
Poetic justice. She's an idiot, for sure- can't help herself.

She had a stun gun. Do you think she may have used it on Travis on June 4th. It would make sense how she was able to overpower him so easily. With the decomposition in certain areas the marks from the stun gun wouldn't show up.
I do. I think she used it on him in the shower, in the time sequence of photos there are some that show long jaggy white arcs near his shoulder. I don't think this is an artifact of the photos because it only shows up on 2-3 shots.

That is new news to me. I bet she was going crazy when she realized where he was going. Travis actually put Lisa in danger by going to her house with that monster behind him, especially since he suspected CMJA. Why didn't any of that come into evidence?

Too prejudicial, especially since it was never proven -legally- that the killer did the slashings.

About following him to Lisa's house. I'm sure she didn't do anything that obvious. Her MO is to be sneaky and slithery; a viper.

Poetic justice. She's an idiot, for sure- can't help herself.

Yep. Her screwing herself over and over while she feels smug about seeking revenge has always been one of the few satisfying parts of this story.

:D. Thank you!!! Definitely let us know! :)

She mentions that TA doesn't like her driving, and IIRC from journals or texts, she mentions having been pulled over at least several times for speeding.

Also, she owed enough on car payments that it was about to be repossessed. Not sure what was going on that point with losing the CA house, but that might have involved owing money to courts?

If you lose your house, it's the banks you owe for the mortgage, not the courts.

Nope! It wasn't *advertiser censored*-shaming in Jodi's case, because she was a *advertiser censored*! She deserved every bad name ever called her.

Does anyone out there know where the expression "corking the pot" came from? I know that AVL women attributed it to Travis but did CMJA tell her that? It was implied by CMJA that it was on the sex tape, but then she told Tory Hayden that TA said he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old and that is not what he said.

As promised, I had a search done of City of Mesa court records and there was no record of Jodi Arias. She could have had a judgment against her in California?

Does anyone out there know where the expression "corking the pot" came from? I know that AVL women attributed it to Travis but did CMJA tell her that? It was implied by CMJA that it was on the sex tape, but then she told Tory Hayden that TA said he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old and that is not what he said.

This sounds like something the came about because ALV is "old-fashioned", in her own estimation. It sounds like a translation from ancient Greek; they say stuff like that. Or else, it came from a book like Moll Flanders (1722). If it ever came into TA's and JA's conversations, it originated with JA. She probably fed him the line, since she is given to archaic and off-meaning phrases. "Corking the pot" would presumably mean something like "deflowering", not a whole lot of imagination needed. It's a metaphor from wine-making? Olive oil production? Probably the former, with the red color being crucial. The US word "corking" may actually mean what in other cultures would be described as "de-corking" in the same way "pitted" (i.e. of olives/cherries) in the US means de-pitted (i.e. "with the pits taken out") but "with the pits left in" everywhere else. US nomenclature has never made sense to me....

This sounds like something the came about because ALV is "old-fashioned", in her own estimation. It sounds like a translation from ancient Greek; they say stuff like that. Or else, it came from a book like Moll Flanders (1722). If it ever came into TA's and JA's conversations, it originated with JA. She probably fed him the line, since she is given to archaic and off-meaning phrases. "Corking the pot" would presumably mean something like "deflowering", not a whole lot of imagination needed. It's a metaphor from wine-making? Olive oil production? Probably the former, with the red color being crucial. The US word "corking" may actually mean what in other cultures would be described as "de-corking" in the same way "pitted" (i.e. of olives/cherries) in the US means "no pits" but "with pits" everywhere else. US nomenclature has never made sense to me....

I suppose that one pic could've been one example of how to "cork" a pot... :/ Though if it was a tootsie roll, it wasn't big enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela