Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that one pic could've been one example of how to "cork" a pot... :/ Though if it was a tootsie roll, it wasn't big enough.

:gasp:

How debasing.... I love it. :D

If you lose your house, it's the banks you owe for the mortgage, not the courts.

True.

IIRC, she stopped paying for utilities and the mortgage shortly after Brewer left, maybe around May 2007? And she stayed in the house until sometime in July?

Maybe one or more of the utilities went after her, which could become a court matter at some point.

Its always impossible to know with her what is a lie or a half truth, but part of what was weird about that exchange was that she said she wanted/needed for the check to the court to be processed. Travis presumably knew what it was for, and seemed pretty blase about the check.

I do. I think she used it on him in the shower, in the time sequence of photos there are some that show long jaggy white arcs near his shoulder. I don't think this is an artifact of the photos because it only shows up on 2-3 shots.

I think so too, remember the butcheress saying that he said "I can't feel my legs," I imagine a stun gun would give that sensation IMO.

Does anyone out there know where the expression "corking the pot" came from? I know that AVL women attributed it to Travis but did CMJA tell her that? It was implied by CMJA that it was on the sex tape, but then she told Tory Hayden that TA said he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old and that is not what he said.

While I by no means get offended easily others might, so I will just say look here for what Urban dictionary says:

Disclaimer: May be offensive

:shame:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Corking

Does anyone out there know where the expression "corking the pot" came from? I know that AVL women attributed it to Travis but did CMJA tell her that? It was implied by CMJA that it was on the sex tape, but then she told Tory Hayden that TA said he wanted to have sex with a 12 year old and that is not what he said.

I remember when ALV said that on the stand, but it was shut down so quickly by the Judge and never mentioned again that it makes me wonder if AVL read it in one of the forged letters and attempted to attribute it to Travis. If so, just another example of ALV either being bumbling or dishonest, IMHO of course.

True.

IIRC, she stopped paying for utilities and the mortgage shortly after Brewer left, maybe around May 2007? And she stayed in the house until sometime in July?

Maybe one or more of the utilities went after her, which could become a court matter at some point.

Its always impossible to know with her what is a lie or a half truth, but part of what was weird about that exchange was that she said she wanted/needed for the check to the court to be processed. Travis presumably knew what it was for, and seemed pretty blase about the check.

They were repossessing her car weren't they? Plus whatever "scams" she had researched online and settled with for her "alternate streams of income". Maybe she was applying to the courts to be able to perform marriages ... :/ My new daughter-in-law's Mormon sister performed their ceremony, maybe I'll try to find out what all she needed to do to be able to do that, I know they needed to apply for the certificate beforehand but it wasn't legal until after the ceremony and they, their witnesses and the minister(sister) signed it. What a deal that would be, a minister and a photographer in one... just roll the tape.

It sounded like she owed the court, though, and had a deadline.

There was mention of speeding tickets, I doubt she would have wanted to lose her license, but I wouldn't doubt that that may not have bothered TA too terribly.

Okay, I am going to "closely" listen to that damned sex tape again and figure out WTF they are saying that Travis talked about corking the pot of a 12 year old girl because I sure don't recall that being said. Regardless of whether he did or not I could care less.. to me the whole tape was very juvenile and I considered it more of role playing fantasy. Hell my mind wanders into.. doing Brad Pitt while listening to Eric Church singing Wrecking Ball... now that's some real fantasy. LMAO :blushing:

For anyone wanting to hear it again:

[video=youtube;ANNFSY5x-3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNFSY5x-3w[/video]

Court fees... there's always fees for notarizing, registering, etc. Perhaps she "borrowed" the money to put through the legal paperwork needed to declare bankruptcy or however she got out of the mortgage? If so, that paperwork would be in/from Cali, right?

http://www.cacb.uscourts.gov/sites/cacb/files/documents/forms/Chapter7_Complete.pdf

Yes, it would be filed in California, but she wouldn't need to declare bankruptcy to have the house foreclosed upon. Daryl would also be liable I would think. Perhaps the mortgage lender was suing her???

Wondering what really happened in October 2007, would have been in 3rd week (referring to her journal entry about the "horrific" time she'd had with Travis, and that SHE had really lost it then).

At trial she testified that it was in Oct. 2007 that Travis first attacked her, kicking her in ribs, etc. She says in earlier journal entries, in October, that Travis had said some very painful things to her. Maybe that's what she later called physical abuse...

Wondering what really happened in October 2007, would have been in 3rd week (referring to her journal entry about the "horrific" time she'd had with Travis, and that SHE had really lost it then).

At trial she testified that it was in Oct. 2007 that Travis first attacked her, kicking her in ribs, etc. She says in earlier journal entries, in October, that Travis had said some very painful things to her. Maybe that's what she later called physical abuse...

CMJA's writings are so overly-dramatic and fatalistic that I imagine painful words, combined with a "fruitful imagination", could morph over time into painful abuse, and then finally into painful physical abuse. After reading the writings and texts you (Hope4More) have been kind enough to paraphrase for us, and I know this is the understatement of the year, but CMJA is such a loser!! A cat that shed too much for her liking had the decency to die but not before, of course, making one final comforting gesture towards CMJA by crawling up on her porch?? Ack!!

When was the peeping incident that precipitated the frantic call with her dad? I also vaguely recall something happened on that Sacred Grove trip that had upset her world.

Edit:Sorry but after she had been locked up in Perryville, I had deleted all the info(links, pics, etc) that I had collected over the last few years and it's been so long much of what I had has been either scrubbed or buried so deep online I can't pull it up.

This sounds like something the came about because ALV is "old-fashioned", in her own estimation. It sounds like a translation from ancient Greek; they say stuff like that. Or else, it came from a book like Moll Flanders (1722). If it ever came into TA's and JA's conversations, it originated with JA. She probably fed him the line, since she is given to archaic and off-meaning phrases. "Corking the pot" would presumably mean something like "deflowering", not a whole lot of imagination needed. It's a metaphor from wine-making? Olive oil production? Probably the former, with the red color being crucial. The US word "corking" may actually mean what in other cultures would be described as "de-corking" in the same way "pitted" (i.e. of olives/cherries) in the US means de-pitted (i.e. "with the pits taken out") but "with the pits left in" everywhere else. US nomenclature has never made sense to me....

I'm impressed RickshawFan, you are a wealth of knowledge. And you are exactly correct. It would come from CMJA not TA. In her interview with Troy Hayden after her guilty verdict, she told him about a picture she had on her hard drive that showed Travis dressed like a priest chasing a naked four year old boy around the room with a bible in his hands. She said her lawyers didn't want to put it into the evidence, and she didn't know why. Also she had some pictures on her hard drive that showed her bruises. They didn't put them into evidence either. No way in He$$ was that true. Nurmi would use every trick in the book to get something like that into evidence. She was LYING again. Didn't someone say her computer hard drive was DESTROYED? At the time I figured she destroyed it to hide evidence of her cyber crimes. I think everyone would be amazed if they knew half the crimes and tricks this monster committed.

CMJA's writings are so overly-dramatic and fatalistic that I imagine painful words, combined with a "fruitful imagination", could morph over time into painful abuse, and then finally into painful physical abuse. After reading the writings and texts you (Hope4More) have been kind enough to paraphrase for us, and I know this is the understatement of the year, but CMJA is such a loser!! A cat that shed too much for her liking had the decency to die but not before, of course, making one final comforting gesture towards CMJA by crawling up on her porch?? Ack!!

What she wrote about Missy her cat IMO was beyond disturbing. How morbid..and sick. She pet a dead cat and what's important enough to write about is that her dead pet didn't shed? The entry goes on to talk about burying her cat, and how unexpectedly difficult it was to dig the grave.

And yah, that the cat came up to her grandparents porch and curled up to die was somehow a touching gesture and a tribute to HER?

As my DH said when I subjected him to the recent texts..."she makes my skin crawl."

JODI moaning loudly UGH!! 32:08 starts the conversation if you don't want to hear her moan.

TA - "well, well that's so hot.... well, actually, the way you moan baby, it sounds like you're a 12-year-old girl having her first orgasm. That's so hot"

JA - "It sounds like what?"

TA "a 12-year-old girl having her first orgasm"

JA (laughing)

TA - It's like corking the pot with a little girl

JA (laughs loudly) - your bad, you make me feel so dirty.

TA - You are dirty baby

JA - moans softly in pleasure

I suggest you listen to the tape too because the tones are important to help determine the context. (plus it gives you the opportunity to make up your own mind). Jodi is giggling a lot and laughs loudly when Travis says it's like corking the pot with a little girl -- she takes it as it was meant - an absurd distasteful joke. Had she believed it to be an honest expression of interest in children, she would not have continued on so eagerly with the sex. It would have served memory of her alleged vomiting and her allegation of wanting to help him.

There was no shock, hesitation, or concern expressed in Jodi's tone of voice when Travis made the statement. If we consider Jodi's allegation, Travis would have known Jodi did not approve of his alleged sexual interest in children. So why say it? And, if it was a slip up, why would Jodi joyfully laugh at such a statement as if it was a joke? Wouldn't the opposite show through, such as disappointment? But, instead of disappointment, Jodi continued to encourage and joyfully participate in the sex with TA.

When was the peeping incident that precipitated the frantic call with her dad? I also vaguely recall something happened on that Sacred Grove trip that had upset her world.

Edit:Sorry but after she had been locked up in Perryville, I had deleted all the info(links, pics, etc) that I had collected over the last few years and it's been so long much of what I had has been either scrubbed or buried so deep online I can't pull it up.

I've had to dig deep too, trying to re-find a lot of this stuff. I'm surprised what a difference time and distance makes when I've looked at pieces of this again. Some pretty important things pop out that I just didn't notice or put together before.

As for the peeping in the window. I checked, and it was on August 24 or 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela